Sign in to follow this  
slatts

SCAR-L Replacement Project

What's it all about?

The SCAR-L RP is a mod with a goal to create (another m4 pack!) a series of M4 based weapons to use eventually as a replacement pack for the SCAR-L series of weapons on a like-for-like basis. That being for example, the Javelin soldier has a flashlight on his SCAR, so he will have a flashlight M4. This is designed to be as accurate as possible as current issue/near future M4's.

What is different from other M4 packs?

There will be a M320 and (eventually) a M26 MASS in both standalone and attached for both. The weapons are 3-round burst to be accurate with real life.

Also on top is Lennard's fantastic DBAL model. There is also BIS models.

Release Stages:

V1: First release for public testing as well as playing.

V2: bugs from V1 fixed as well as more testing and fixing if needs be. DL here:

V3.5: All going well, Replacement Pack time. DL here! https://www.mediafire.com/?z5ufckoz4ruq0qp

Known bugs, sound issues (best solved with JSRS ;) )

ACE?

Eventually there will be ACE configs.

What you can do!

If you have information that relates I'd love to hear from you, most importantly, what is issued/used by the US Army on their M4's to make this as accurate as possible.

Anyone who can help out in the texture department would be greatly welcomed! As well as any modeler keen to get on board.

Pictures:

All new models:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/newmodels_picture_zps0195c894.png

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psbbbbc062.png

M24 with NV scope:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/m24_icon_large_zps078f11f6.png

M26 WIP:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-12-3121-56-49-17_zps2acf9c2b.png

DAbDns_r4gg

ArmaHolic Mirror

SCAR-L Replacement pack v2

"this work includes content created by Bohemia Interactive used with permissions. Copyright Bohemia Interactive a.s. All rights reserved."

Edited by Slatts
New links

Looking good. A thought - you might consider changing the grips to have troops with their non-master hands gripping the M26 grip. See RHS' GP animations, for example.

Looking good. A thought - you might consider changing the grips to have troops with their non-master hands gripping the M26 grip. See RHS' GP animations, for example.

Was thinking about that :)

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but if you intend do this as a replacement pack, could you make the peq-15's function with their IR like the scar's have in vanilla OA, and one additional thing, a lot of Army line unit's dont use the m68 Aimpoint really, but mostly all acogs now, even some basic training company's are starting to get hands on with the Acogs.

A lot of the 68's I saw in the army were like on the medic's rifle or a lot of pog's and pog units would have them, beside that though your onto a beautiful thing, and I cant wait to play with your 320's.

So are you just making new attachments for the M4's that are out there already? Or are you adding different optics as well and making new M4s all together? Like for example there's a SCAR in the game that has a Leopuld Mk4 CQ/T (I forget which class has that, might be one of the SF guys), but there's no M4 with it. Would you just give that soldier a plain M4 with an Aimpoint or ACOG, or make an M4 that has a Mk4 CQ/T sight?

@ yevgeni89

Thanks for the info :) The IR laser works like the original

@ islesfan186

Yea the engineer has it, I was thinking of contacting BIS to see if I could get it along with the TWS. I'd love to have both them sights :D Also looking at getting/doing a ACOG/back up red dot like in OA

ACE has an M4 with a TWS sight. Maybe you could contact them? And the SF operator has a SCAR with a sight that looks similar to a Specter DR....Meatball has one done for his MARSOC M4s.

Err, is the US Army transitioning to M4A1's now? (Fully Automatic)

Either way, nice work Slatts :)

From what I know rather than replace all M4's with M4A1's, they issue conversion kits to add full rail interface to M4's already in use, so it's same as M4A1 except still S-1-3.

From any pictures/videos where I could see the fire selector was S-1-3 as well

Thanks for the comments lads :)

I still have an M4A1 replacement pack I made lying around that replaces all the M4's/M16's as well as adding new ones. Currently it uses RH's M4's to replace and add new ones, but I can send it to ya so you can change it to yours, if you want. It certainly isn't perfect though, I tried replacing the old ACOG optics with the new OA ones as well as adding backup optics, but it didn't work. Maybe you can get it working though.

From what I know rather than replace all M4's with M4A1's, they issue conversion kits to add full rail interface to M4's already in use, so it's same as M4A1 except still S-1-3.

Just so you know, the M4 has a full rail and removable carrying handle :)

The difference as far as the US army is concerned is the 3 round/Auto, though i believe the fire rate is slightly lower on the M4A1 and the barrel is slightly thicker under the heat/fore-guard

As for carrying hadle - yes, as for full RIS, not every. But yeah, should be "issued" since it happened long time ago, sometimes I completely forget how long ago things happened.

Anycase, just wanted to say I love idea. I have nothing aganist SCAR-L, but making it standard issue IW for US Army is a huge immersion breaker for me, while vanilla M4's lacked functionality offered by guns from OA.

Thanks for all the feedback :) Been working on the standalone M320 and attached M26, first works fine but the M26 doesn't want to.

Also modified the receiver so the bolt now works.

Good stuff there Slatts!

I have a M240 pack almost ready for release I just remember. It needs some bugfixing though as I tried to implement 3D scopes like the FFAA weapon packs.

Seeing your wip shot makes me want to finish it.

As for carrying hadle - yes, as for full RIS, not every. But yeah, should be "issued" since it happened long time ago, sometimes I completely forget how long ago things happened.

Oh, right, i miss understood, sorry.

Why not even go further with a Lima?

Hi Slatts, since u are doing a scar replacement pack for us army to m4 i can offer you already retextured bis all m4 in all three camos with oa config compatability (plus retextures of bis m4a3 acog). I had my own replacement mod done a while a ago just newer got it out to public (there is plenty of m4 mods already). But as i said if u want them let me know i'll send u a link.

I was looking at the Lima, I'll keep it in mind :)

I might skip your offer for the time being John, but thanks for the offer :)

Ah I need to stop playing with this...so much fun now :D

DAbDns_r4gg

Damn sweet job on that! btw not sure if ur planning it already but I think it should be "pump action" like IRL so it will take a bit of time to fire aka from red to green