Sign in to follow this  
ben1

GOG.com version of Arma 2 Combined Operations

Hi There,

I've recently purchased Arma 2 Combined Operations from gog.com.

This version is really messed up and nothing apart from either Arma 2 or Arma 2 CO Vanilla seems to work.

Is there anybody who has got experience with this version and how to sort it out so that I can start mods with the shortcut parameters, and use commands such as -nosplash?

There is a Arma2OA.exe located in the directory, at first there used to be an error because of a wrong registry entry with one extra "/", after fixing this I get another error.

Error: "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgingameui/mptable.shadow"

Unfortunately there is little support from GOG.com, on their official forum they only posted a comment saying one should use the shortcut, which goes to a launcher.exe, which launches Arma 2 CO, not Arma 2 OA.

As well somehow this shortcut does not allow you to load some of the mods (I've downloaded maps, duala and lingor) as well it does not allow you to use commands such as -nosplash.

If there is anybody from BI's side or other users who can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Final question: Can I use the key provided by GOG.com with other versions of the game? This would maybe solve my problem.

I hope to get some BI support here as GOG.com don't seem to be bothered about it.

---------- Post added at 08:09 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

I've found the solution!

First of all go into regedit with admin rights.

Delete the additional "/" signs.

Then go into your Arma 2 CO directory and make a shortcut to the Arma2OA.exe

Add: -mod=EXPANSION;ca (in shortcut Properties/Shortcut/Target: )

You can add any other parameter like for example load another mod or skip the intro, an example:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA II - Combined Operations\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=EXPANSION;ca;@lingor

The problem was caused by the launcher.exe, which forced to load the parameter from the registry key, so you were not able to load other mods.