Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Blink Arma.Ments BKA-74

Inspired by weapons like the SR-47 I decided to create an AR-15 style weapon that takes AK mags, In this case it takes AK-74 mags as to me they seem more common in MP. It's made so that you take this out on an op with you and take any mags from enemies or crates you find, so long as you can find them you'll have a near endless supply of ammo for your rifle.

It comes equipped with any sights you'll find on your M4/16 as well as laser and flash light versions.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-12-2215-54-35-40_zps9e7f0d4e.png

If you have any suggestions or comments please post away :)

Like a side folding stock? Pretty sure an AR-15 can't have them (ready to be corrected :p )

Like a side folding stock? Pretty sure an AR-15 can't have them (ready to be corrected :p )

no no like AKS-74U stock :D

The AR-15 has a buffer spring assembly behind the upper receiver and can't have any kind of folding stocks.

Well, lets still remember this is virtual ar-15 and mostly everything can happen :D

Nah :p BKA is a little fictional company I use to create semi-fictional weapons..as in they might not exist but it is entirely possible they could. This includes how stocks work :p

I like that idea! :) and don't forget 'bout foregrips and nade launchers!

Wish to see GP-30 on that receiver beside the standard american nade launcher

As well why not changing the color of the AK mag to black? like AK-74M mag?

I've been thinking about the nade launcher, normally an AK mag is pulled forward as well as downwards on release, meaning it needs room to do so. I havn't seen a real life video or account of if the real rifles this is based on can use M203's so I'm leaning towards the keep them off side. I put a 203 on the model and to fit it was in the way to eject the mag.

well if it needs room, GP-30 is smaller than M203 isnt it? correct me if wrong :P

I don't have a GP-25/30 model, never were released in sample weapons for some reason :p

You've reinvented the AR-47 :D Actually you don't need the magazine swap because there are 5.45 magazines for the 5.45 uppers. Look practically identical to 5.56 mags but with a little more curvature to them. At a distance you can't really tell the difference except they are usually black (the ones I've seen). So to apply this in-game you would simply make new magazines and assign them 5.45 bullets, then assign the new rifle the new magazines. "Done"!

About the GP-25, you could make one, it wouldn't take too many polys to produce. C'mon you know you want to :D

I kept the 74 mags to keep in line with the idea of picking up said mags in the field ;) If I could have different mags appear when you reload I would :D

and do that to the SAW + stanag mags ;)

Nice work but one thing I think needs to be changed is the color of the AK mag lol, it kinda looks weird ((as in my other post :P))

Already explained ;) If you pick enemy mags they're gonna be the wood colour and not black..so stuck with wood

Cheers, TBH I don't think I'll add a GP-25 though

Nice looking rifle :). I have a similar weapon for my Nogovan SFs which use a HK-32.

Cheers, TBH I don't think I'll add a GP-25 though

:)

Just making sure you were aware of the new MLOD pack that has lots of goodies.

:)

Just making sure you were aware of the new MLOD pack that has lots of goodies.

Oh I am :D