Sign in to follow this  
JetlinerX

Mixing sound mods?

Hey all-

So I feel like it's just me, but I really dislike the way JSRS depicts the M4 and M16 sounds. They sound kinda... lame. I think they need more crack when you fire, so I experimented with Elias Sound Mod. REALLY liked the M4/M16 sounds from there, but I also realized that JSRS has a huge advantage in a few departments. Such as explosions, sonic cracks, and echos. In general, with JSRS, you know you're being shot at.

So here is my question. Is there a way I can make the M4/M16 sound cooler, without sacrificing the effects of the battlefield that JSRS provides? I sure hope so, because I just dont really like the softness of the M4/M16 anymore :(

Never mind, figured it out.

/thread.

Would you care to share your solution?

/sharing is caring

He probably just rearranged the PBOs.

^ That

Just backing up the M4s from JSRS, and renaming the files from my other sound mod to over write JSRS's versions.

That's what I figured, but not everyone knows how to do it.

Just out of curiosity, did you try the sounds in the "optional" folder first?

You could always take single pbo files from sounds mods you like for particular sounds and just use them instead, I did that I have a sound mod I put together using 3 sound mods.

If you guys are interested in a sound mod I put together it is a combination of the following sounds mods:

HIFI

JSRS

RWS

If your interested in checking it out then send me a pm, and I'll give you a link to download.