Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

Co-09 Swift Strike

arma2oa2012120703153472.jpg

NOTE: Civilian casualties cap will only work on a dedicated host

>>DOWNLOAD<< v4

Important!!!: This scenario was made with standard Arma2:CO. Using mods (ace... etc) may lead to unexpected and/or unwanted gameplay. Certain features may or may not work when using mods. Use at your own discretion.Please make sure it's not the mod before you report an issue(s).

Scenario:

A local organized gang known as the Vice Lords has taken an German doctor hostage.The doctor is believed to be located in a mining compound just north of Feruz'Abad. The gang is demanding 5 million in cash in exchange for the doctors life. The VL have setup two small outposts. One located in a compound in Feru'zAbad and the other just south of Feruz'Abad.If that weren't enough, the VL have setup a portable communications tower in the southern outpost. These guys are serious business, don't take the VL lightly, they're more like some sort of private military group than an actual gang. As a member of a small Czech Army squad, you're tasked with dealing with the outposts aswell as finding and extracting the doctor safely.

Vice Lords:

A large organized gang from Shapur.Their known for large scale robberies, home invasion and kidnapping for ransom. Their terror has breached every part of the world... Though Chernarus, Takistan, malden, nogova and everon are the major hot beds for the VL.

Requirements: Arma2:CO

Mission GamePlay:

-Small mission - (~30minutes)

-Light transports and infantry

-Basic weapons (not everyone has a javelin/smaw and a dmr)

-ACR vs. PMC

-Dynamic AI

-Seek & destroy, Secure Location & Hostage Rescue

-Revive

-based on real scenarios

Lobby Parameters:

-Civilian Casualties Cap (optional)

-Norrins revive / # of lives (optional)

-Mission Time Limit (optional)

-View Distance

-Enviroment colors (default/Movie)

-Time of day (random optional)

-Weather (random optional)

credits:

Silola -DAC Framework

Twirly - civilian casualties parameter

deadfast - civilian casualties parameter

Tophe - vehicle respawn script

Shuko - TaskMaster2 JIP briefing script

Norrin - revive script

kegetys - spectator script (with norrins revive)

Iceman77 - mission designer / scripts

R3F - Logistics scripts

Edited by Iceman77

Updated: Since it's a fairly small scenario and since a potential group of testers like playing maps with no respawns, I added a revive/lifes value of 0 to the revive lobby parameter. You can ofcourse still play with revives if you choose. (completely optional). Also, added civilian casualty cap end trigger (oops)

Edited by Iceman77

Thanks Iceman! I gave the mission a quick try on the CiA dedicated server (Windows OS).

Very refreshing to play ACR, and especially against PMC mercs! I just played shortly and alone to test but had fun nonetheless I just did a rush attack on the first objective but from what I saw I can say that this looks like the sort of missions we like playing. I look forward to playing it on a coop night :)

I'll let you know if we encounter any problems with more players.

Thanks!

Updated: Added a satchel to select squad members inventory, so no more forgetting to grab one before engaging first objective. Select DAC zones will now provide support to other DAC zones, to simulate radio coms/reinforcements.

Final update v4: removed group (player & AI) chatter/text to enhance immersion.ie;calling out random targets. Anyhow, that's it for updates, unless an evil wizard shows up... Should be gtg though as the mission itself is of a simple concept.

Edited by Iceman77

Hi, Iceman. Sounds like a fun mission. Too bad I can't give it a try as I don't have PMC expansion.

Could someone post a vid or something of the gameplay?

Also, since it involves civilians, do you maybe know any tactical scripts I could use for my own missions?

And about GIMP, 2.8 ver. I tried it for the very 1st time yesterday. What a nice tool! Brushes and Selection tool are even better than in Photoshop :butbut:

@MAVEN

if you have arma 2 co patched to v1.62 you can play all missions made for arma even if you dont buy any dlc, becose in arma 2 oa patch you have Pmc and Baf dlc lite version (all units in low textures).

You can also download patch with Acr lite.

@MAVEN

if you have arma 2 co patched to v1.62 you can play all missions made for arma even if you dont buy any dlc, becose in arma 2 oa patch you have Pmc and Baf dlc lite version (all units in low textures).

You can also download patch with Acr lite.

I didn't know that, thanks!

Been awhile since I last played OA, I want to get ArmA X bundle instead.

Anyway, will check this mission out when I either get X or patch OA.

Cheers :)

Does the armaX bundle include CO? I'm not sure if it would contain any scripts you would like or need. Idk, maybe the civilian casualties cap.

haha, yeah Gimp is so awesome... for a free program that does infact rival standard edition ps.

Also, what's up with ACR, ACR lite and these "Magical" acr units I have in the editor? I don't have acr lite or full acr dlc. Though I got some acr units in the editor... infantry and like 2 offroad vehicles. If that's not the lite version, or obviously not the full DLC..then what is it. Something to confuse people? LOL

Edited by Iceman77

In OA there is ACR faction, some desert camo units and 1 or 2 vehicles. But not to long ago bis released ACR dlc. You can also download ACR dlc lite patch (for A2C0) you will have more units in desert camo, new units in woodland camo. New vehicles: Pandur, Dingo. 2,5 new islands ;) Bukowina, Bystrica (reworked parts of Chernarus), cutoff part of Takistan. Units from Lite are in low res textures.

meh, I never understood why they would make something lowres, even a demo or a lite version of any content. There are other ways to submit trial/demo/lite content without making it lowres. I mean, wouldn't that actually be a deterrent for potential customers? They want to try A2, load it up and everything is blurry LOL. Better to just withhold parts of the content, than to ruin the contents literal image.

For example, the Arma free edition or w/e it's called.. the one with blurry textures, they could have just included like half of chernarus, and only two sides with 1 faction each. Take out some of the cooler vehicles (gunships, m1a2 etc).Take out some of the awesome weapons. Poof..Magic!! You have a free edition that doesn't make half the people who try it run away like their boots are on fire!!

Well, for me anyhow, I'm in no rush to get my hands on blurry textures LOL

Edited by Iceman77

Lite versions are MP compatibility patches. With that all players can play together in MP (you dont have to buy dlc but you can play with guys that have them). Without that if you dont have dlc you can't play MP or SP missions/campaigns that use some stuff from dlc.

Ps: for me blurry textures are not a problem, i played many missions with Baf/PMC/ACR lite.

Well, blurry textures aren't the way to make something a lite version. I get what you're saying though, so people with the lite version can play with others who have the full version. Still... especially for the arma2 free edition, it's not a good way to try and entice your average player / newcomers. I'm not saying I base a game on graphics... else I wouldn't have been playing ofp for so long, even after arma was out. I'm just saying, using low quality textures for a demo/lite version, compared to the full version of any game/texture is the wrong way. imo

In any case, we'd better stay on topic. So how about that swift strike eh? LOL

Edited by Iceman77

So how about that swift strike eh? LOL

We didn't have the chance to play it last night. I'll provide feedback as soon as we do.

No worries. I appreciate you guys even considering it for one of your weekends rotation. It's hard to find testers, and 90% of the people who may download and play any given map, will not even inform the creator of any issues LOL.

The maps small, straight forward, but it is based on real life scenarios. Has a pretty awesome immersion experience. next, i need to find voice actors to do me up some .oggs :cool:

ArmA X Contains ArmA 1, 2 expansions for it, ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA, and I think it also comes with BAF and PMC, not sure. It also comes with artworks, printed maps and other cool stuff, all that for ~50 EUR (Compared to 24 for CO it's a great deal)

About lite versions, well, depends how you like it.

In an age where games like COD and BF literally rip the gaming industry to pieces and corrupt it (80 USD for COD and addons and extra stuff aren't even accounted for, and BF3 which is around 50 USD) A2 Free is the best way for new players to come by and keep the ArmA franchise alive. Many people play A2 Free, I know I did and I still use it to test my missions.

On the other hand, not everyone has a high-end system, and it's actually exactly that kind of players who prefer realism and tactical play, later on when they do buy a system that can run A2:OA/CO maxed-out they buy the game and become part of its community.

Lite characters in OA are a free addon, I don't know did BI try to promote BAF/PMC with them, but one is sure, just like they made A2F compatible with A2, the lite addon gives OA fans more bang for their buck. See I didn't even know they were part of OA after a patch until I got informed here, it's a welcome news for me:)

Edited by MAVEN
Funny typo detected and neutralized.

Finally got to beat this one, and as I promissed Iceman, here I come with a feedback!

great mission, thanks for it. We took over a merc SUV armed with a Vulcan and worked our way slowly through Feruz Abad and to the mine. In one instance we detected a PMC chopper and I think it crash landed in the town. Does it suppose to land there?

The fight on the mine was cool as well, somehow the warehouse where the hostage was kept turned half way into a rubble, and that made getting the AI out of there a bit problematic. We finally managed to get the AI into a vehicle and extracted safely.

Recommendation - remove the civilian killing cap. no mission really ends when civvies are killed. too many pmc agents are running around. I recommend changing them to militia or something, seeing high payed mercs moving around like that seems out of place. Make the mission group respawn and no revives, add the BIS first aid module instead. the mission doesn't really need respawn or revive (I removed those in the settings you provided).