moach_mayhem

'Heli-4-Hire' SimCopter Revival Dynamic Sandbox (WIP)

Bug report:

This has happened to me twice on rooftop helipads - once at WN16, once at 8WA9 (both next to the space needle). I land to pick up passengers, but they are at the base of the building frozen and won't enter the cockpit. The radio function is not active either, so I cannot call out of the job.

keep up the good work! Would love to help out if there were anything I was capable of doing.

(...) Would love to help out if there were anything I was capable of doing.

well, you did just find a good bug there!

it's a fault in the safe-boarding script - as it may be, this just may happen in every rooftop helipad there is...

fixing it now!

btw - this prompted the creation of a handy little debug tool that allows one to specify the exact helipad where a mission will begin - which makes the process of debugging a location-related problem much easier :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I have problem running this mission. Whenever I try to run it I get an error message: "This mission cannot be played/edited it depends on content that cannot be downloaded (was deleted) .moach_hw_basics" (translated from czech) I have steam version of TOH.... any ideas?

Hi guys, I have problem running this mission. Whenever I try to run it I get an error message: "This mission cannot be played/edited it depends on content that cannot be downloaded (was deleted) .moach_hw_basics" (translated from czech) I have steam version of TOH.... any ideas?

need to run moachs modpack.

you oughta install the PBO inside the "Addon" folder included in the mission as a mod, create a @moach folder inside your ToH root and inside it make another one called "addons"

copy moach_hw_basics.pbo to this new @moach\addons location and start the game

then go in the "expansions" menu and have it enabled - it'll ask you to restart the game, after which it should all start working...

or, you may also just put the moach_hw_basics.pbo file in your addons folder - it's less flexible, since you can't turn it on/off from the expansions menu -- but it works nonetheless...

cheers!

Edited by Moach_Mayhem
my fingers can't type after my brain

How is your progress?

It's been pretty quiet lately.

I've been enjoying your missions with Fred's FM but would love to know what you've been working on.

Just keeping the topic alive, hope to see some more updates in the near future

Rhys

that whole real-life thing came about again... you know how it is... annoying lil'bugger

then progress slows down considerably until the next 'window of opportunity' comes along...

hopefully that won't be too long - but kinda hard to tell at the moment... loads of work to do - and a big move on the horizon (may be moving to another hemisphere before the year is out)

i'll keep you posted - the project is still very much alive... it's just that little piece between the seat and the keyboard that has become a little bit unavailable for the time being :rolleyes:

cheers!

I'm using this mission and i enjoy it very much!

Only a question about the emergency missions. I never got one ER call. Why

I can't get it to run

The Pbo file is installed correct and i have activated it.

Were i have to put the other Files?

Thanks for your help :)

G'day

Just wanted to say, as soon as TOH came out, this was meant for it or Sim Copter was meant to be TOH, does not matter its GREAT, keep it up mate.

I also found the install tricky, but reading over the thread I found it easy to install this is what I did:

Download the mod/mission Heli4Hire (from the 1st page&post link)

Put the unzipped folder in C:\Users\(Your Name)\Documents\Take On Helicopters\(USER)\Missions\Heli4Hire-master.United_States_H

MUST RENAME THE FOLDER TO (Heli4Hire-master.United_States_H)

Also in the Heli4Hile folder there is a folder called (Addon (install pbo file as mod) the files in this folder go to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\@Moach\Addons

YOU MAKE THE FOLDERS (@Moach\Addons)

Once done start TOH, go to expansions - enable @Moach - let the game restart.

After restart select single player - editor - Seattle - open mission - select Heli4Hire-master - to play the mission form editor select preview

Enjoy

The missions are great and challenging.

Something to add could be traffic report missions, High Speed Chase, Fire-fighter Support, News, a big event landing/show.

Next thing TOH should do is get more cities out or a world map

Once again FANTASTIC.........

Thank you spacebuff, now it works. I didn't renamed the Heli4Hire Folder :/

It's a great Mod, i loved Sim Copter but it keeps crashing every few Minutes on my System.

Just keeping the post alive, hoping for a update in the near future

Rhys

alright, if updates are needed, here's what's been going on...

since a number of months ago, nothing major has happened to this project, the sole reason for this - I'm moving to Canada! And moving is a quite a handful, specially when it takes you over 11000+ km to get there from half way around the globe... There are a number of reasons why me and my lovely french bulldog would go through the near-infinite troubles of hauling all our stuff across the equator - long story short, let's just say a game programmer in Brazil is to his career choices as would be a marine biologist on the Moon

And the big move is due by next week! - This PC I'm writing from is only a few days from getting into the large box I have sitting next to it... A massive array of assorted nightmares related to the hows and whens of the million different concerns such a move requires are also looming over here, there's a lot that needs doing - and it only gets worse as the move approaches...

on the lighter side of the news, last last week (2 weeks ago) I got a free ride on a REAL helicopter - my first ever rotor flight! you can read about it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/43377-Life-goal-Achieved%21-%28To-fly-in-a-helicopter%21%29

there's a picture and a nice little video I took afterwards too!

plus, when I'm done moving, I'll be within driving distance of the very Seattle area I've become so familiar with after thoroughly rummaging over it countless times in order to insert the 1000+ landing locations available in our little project here... (I'll be in Vancouver, in case you're wondering)

and that's the story so far... ask me again next week and there should be a world of news on it... but none that directly affect the progress of this endeavor - not just yet... (unpacking is also quite a toil)

Willing to say that an astonishing job has been taken place in this thread for so much time. Congratulations to you all!:cool:

Now I am aware that there has been a mention to multiplayer missions but that it was put aside due to "technical" difficulties. And no unfortunately I can by no means help in this, rather than producing some ideas and testing some missions that is...

But that was a really long time ago and I would like to know if there have been any improvements or breakthroughs. Currently I have persuaded some guys to buy TOH and go online but after playing the same missions a dozen times they are kind of bored. And for that reason they won't play as often as they did. Logical if you ask me especially when they prefer to play as gunners or actively participate in the ground assault. Doing the same thing again and again is not any more as thrilling.

And yes there have been other missions made but they require Arma 2 and it's expansions something which I say is kind of unacceptable. I believe there should be some enhancement of TOH by some content but having to buy such games is ridiculous. Not that they ain't good but why buy a game that you will never play just to take some of it's contents? Especially when the TOH flight models are not used in Arma?!?!

And rearmed most certainly unlocks a wide variety of mission ideas which can have so much to offer. Air assaults. Taking over buildings and compounds. Attacking oil rigs which have been occupied by terrorists and so many more...

Hope something will eventually take place.

Have a nice landing.:)

Two (hopefully) quick questions:

1) Is there anyway to disable , or raise the passengers tolerance to "messy" flying? :) I'm all over the place, but they seem REALLY sensitive. ;) I've yet to complete a mission because they are such wussies.

2) Is there an easy way to supplant the Light Heli for the Medium?

Anyway, thanks again for a GREAT mod!!!

Two (hopefully) quick questions:

1) Is there anyway to disable , or raise the passengers tolerance to "messy" flying? :) I'm all over the place, but they seem REALLY sensitive. ;) I've yet to complete a mission because they are such wussies.

2) Is there an easy way to supplant the Light Heli for the Medium?

Anyway, thanks again for a GREAT mod!!!

There isn't yet any way to adjust passengers tolerance to poor airsmanship - but good thinking, there oughta be. noted!

also, the medium chopper (here known as the "Boss 422") isn't fully rigged out yet. last developments on this area did include the possibility for future addon choppers to be incorporated using mission-external cfg entries tho. so this would not only allow adding in the "Boss" - but really, every future addon helicopter that gets released, without need for script changes in the mission itself :)

but so far, with my big move and all - I've just finally finished putting my PC back together: have a look :yay:

cheers!

Any updates or further plans regarding the development of this great add-on?

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Old thread I know but I'm having troule installing heli4 hire. I had to reninstall take on helicopters but have issue's installing heli 4 hire

Placed the pbo file into the addon folder in the main toh folder and placed the unzipped heli4 hire master into the TOH folder in my documents and a copy in the missions folder in the Main TOH folder but no luck. Can anyone help

Cheers

Rhys

I know this is a very old thread but I'm wondering if there are any updates.  I only discovered this mod yesterday and was up most of the night flying TOH for the first time ever.  I only hope this thread isn't dead.