Sign in to follow this  
spades_neil

Army of the Czech Republic not installing on Steam? Read this.

Since I have spent the last 3 days trying to make my game work and apparently no one seems to have a solution, including Steam support, I started screwing around myself with Steam.

Symptoms of problem: DLC is purchased but not appearing in-game, as it is not installed.

Solution: Close Steam, restart it in administrator mode, and run Operation Arrowhead. An installation window should appear for ACR and install the game. Problem solved.

Can we get a sticky thread or something? Because a ton of people are having this problem.

Thanks for posting a solution. I will try it. I received two e-mails from Steam in the last few days regarding this very problem. They are saying that customers must contact Bohemia Interactive because it's third party software.:confused: Seems the problem isn't with BI to me, but what do I know? The first support e-mail was dismissive and claimed that the content had in fact been installed and that I just didn't know how to find it. I responded with screenshots, to which they replied with instructions for verifying the game's cache, followed by a directive to follow up with BI if that failed to solve it. The BBB has solved problems for me with EA Games. Perhaps some should consider contacting them if this problem continues.

Thanks for posting a solution. I will try it. I received two e-mails from Steam in the last few days regarding this very problem. They are saying that customers must contact Bohemia Interactive because it's third party software.:confused: Seems the problem isn't with BI to me, but what do I know? The first support e-mail was dismissive and claimed that the content had in fact been installed and that I just didn't know how to find it. I responded with screenshots, to which they replied with instructions for verifying the game's cache, followed by a directive to follow up with BI if that failed to solve it. The BBB has solved problems for me with EA Games. Perhaps some should consider contacting them if this problem continues.

Steam didn't even consider my solution until I gave it a shot. They also told me to verify the cache and get on the forums here or contact Bohemia Interactive after a while. It's just a matter of, "We didn't make the game so we don't always know how to fix it."

I gave them my solution since it worked for me. They actually thanked me for the additional troubleshooting suggestion and hopefully they've got it saved on their computers now when this issue comes up again.

Since I have spent the last 3 days trying to make my game work and apparently no one seems to have a solution, including Steam support, I started screwing around myself with Steam.

Symptoms of problem: DLC is purchased but not appearing in-game, as it is not installed.

Solution: Close Steam, restart it in administrator mode, and run Operation Arrowhead. An installation window should appear for ACR and install the game. Problem solved.

Can we get a sticky thread or something? Because a ton of people are having this problem.

Problem still exists, fortunately the solution you posted still works like a charm. Thanks!! :bounce3:

The key here is to always run everything arma-related as admin. Steam, the game itself, six-updater/PWS, launchers, etc.

The key here is to always run everything arma-related as admin. Steam, the game itself, six-updater/PWS, launchers, etc.

No it isn't work, when i do this i have String Missing error. Any others ideas?

No it isn't work, when i do this i have String Missing error. Any others ideas?

Delete ACR folder inside DLCsetup and do the cache integrity control, that worked for me