mjmzHYrJ4Sk

MEDIA

biudp.jpg

zrsBx.png

Hires Album 1

Hires Album 2

Hires Album 3

Schwemlitz

Schwemlitz is a 5x5km terrain centered around the town of Schwemlitz located 20km from the former inner german boarder. Encompassing rolling wheat and asparagus fields, thick forests and small farming towns the terrain provides a suitable battlespace for modern and cold war era missions. The terrain and the encompassed towns are designed to be as realistic as possible. The layout of the towns and the buildings are taken from real world data and modeled the best of our ability in the ARMA2 engine. The terrain eschews the ARMA2 clutter system in favor of clutter objects to allow rendering of grasses and crops from orders of magnitude further distances. In addition forest microterrain has been slightly exaggerated to provide a realistic level of cover in forested environments and maximize gameplay potential. While the terrain was designed with infantry centric gameplay it will also serve both armor and mechanized missions in the sweeping fields in the north of the map.

Features:

- 5x5km 1:1 real world terrain

- Micro Terrain Forests

- All Buildings Enterable

- 1 Large Realistic Town

- 3 Small Realistic Towns

- 3 Realistic Hamlets

- 1 Rail Station / Light Industrial Center

- 2km rail line on embankment

- Numerous small irrigation ponds

- 6km long system of irrigation canals

- Realistic street signs

DOWNLOADS

Mirror1

Mirror2

REQUIREMENTS

mbg_buildings_3

mikebart's vegetation

We going to try to work with bushlurker to reduce the size of the Carraigdubh dependency with a possible unique pbo including only the objects Schwemlitz depends on.

FAQ

Q: How do you install this?

-Extract the archive and copy its contents (@Schwemlitz) to your ArmA 2 main folder.

-Run the game using a modified startup parameter

Startup parameter example:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Schwemlitz;@carraigdubh;@mgb_buildings3;@mb_veg_adv_v0.9

Q: What's the grid zone designation?

31U PD

KNOWN ISSUES

1. There is a weird shadow/colorization on some of the trees at range under certain lighting conditions. We are working with the author to fix this.

2. The skybox in the North and East has non existent mountains in it.

Please report any issues on our Dev-Heaven page.

CREDITS

Falcon

Lancer

Assistant Developers:

Impulse 9

NouberNou

Test Team:

Beta

CroMagnon

Tinfoil

Krause

jackal_

German Authenticity Team:

Jake Peril

Zumroc

Special Thanks & Content Contributers:

Bushlurker

Mondkalb

Mike Bart

Nicholas Bell

Mongo

Marseille77

Arma2 Map Maker Channel

We've spent a lot of time working on this and we're happy to finally be able to share this with the community. Please let us know what you think and feel free to post any suggestions/criticisms, we're always looking to improve our terrain!

Edited by Falcon_565

Hello and good day

I have read with pleasure today that the map came out in front of you,

I wish that more come out such maps. in such a quality. It can some would like to take an example map builder because it anyway in Germany until Mondkalb only one. Who built a German map, I hope you go on like this and more comes out of Germany and larger.

keep it up

Good work guys! I don't think I deserve to be on the assistant devs though haha, all I did was lay down a few trees and hedges, bitching the entire time! :p

Good work guys! I don't think I deserve to be on the assistant devs though haha, all I did was lay down a few trees and hedges, bitching the entire time! :p

Well you answered enough of my questions to count.

Congrats on the release. It reminds me of Schmalfelden in A1, which is a good thing ;)

Finally it's out! Eagerly awaiting quitting time to get my hands on this. Great job ;)

I'm not familiar with German geography so please tell me is this town located in the former GDR or not?

I'm not familiar with German geography so please tell me is this town located in the former GDR or not?

Nope, this town is located 20km west of the inner german border. During the cold war it fell into the Dutch I Corps' area of responsibility within NORTHAG.

Hi,

i can't play these island on my dedicated server cause Mikebart's Vegetation doesn't include a server key. :(

Where can i get the key?

kind regards

This terrain has the proper feeling of Germany. I really love it!

The amount of detail found in every backyard just lets my Celle 2 look like the old fashioned stuff it actually is. Though the smaller project size here helped with that, I am sure. :)

Especially the approach of using the dirt roads extensively is a really "fresh" thing, it defines the character of this map greatly. Though the new clutter objects don't really blend in well, I found them to ruin the view with their black-edged alpha-troubles.

I am looking forward to taking some long drives across this very well done piece of landscape! :)

-Psycho-;2260611']Hi' date='

i can't play these island on my dedicated server cause Mikebart's Vegetation doesn't include a server key. :(

Where can i get the key?

kind regards[/quote']

I have not tested it myself but there is an MBART.bikey file on devheaven

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-manaisland/files

This terrain has the proper feeling of Germany. I really love it!

The amount of detail found in every backyard just lets my Celle 2 look like the old fashioned stuff it actually is. Though the smaller project size here helped with that, I am sure. :)

Especially the approach of using the dirt roads extensively is a really "fresh" thing, it defines the character of this map greatly. Though the new clutter objects don't really blend in well, I found them to ruin the view with their black-edged alpha-troubles.

I am looking forward to taking some long drives across this very well done piece of landscape! :)

First off thanks so much for your hard work on your mbg buildings this map just wouldn't be the same without them. Also I completely agree with your statement that the clutter objects don't blend all too well and if you have ideas on how to fix that it would be awesome. However the difference they make for gameplay is massively positive. Our top priority was a map that not only looked good but also plays well and I think we achieved that. Again thanks for all your support.

On the note of athestetics I realized to my horror that we messed up the final satellite map a bit and that the harvested fields came out a bit too yellow leading to some interesting yellow dirt problems. I'm going to fix this and push a hotfix later today then keep my hands off this project for a few weeks at least.

Awesome! Can't wait to get home tonight and look around :)

From what I see on your first post, there's no airfield? Is there maybe a really flat plain area where I could spawn runway pieces without a problem?

Hey Guys,

I've gotta stop and commend you on one hell of a gorgeous map! Absolutely amazing. it really is. I've already got plans for it. ;) Nice job and thank you!

EDIT- It feels larger than 5x5 also. Lots of possibilities.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Awesome! Can't wait to get home tonight and look around :)

From what I see on your first post, there's no airfield? Is there maybe a really flat plain area where I could spawn runway pieces without a problem?

Yes there is. I landed a MiG-15 in one. =P

-Psycho-;2260779']Ok' date=' thank you!

Maybee this link have to show up on the first post cause the linked armaholic source doesn't include these bikey.[/quote']

If you or anyone else can confirm this key works perfectly (and is it version 1 or 2) than I can add it to our downloadpage for that specific addon.

I have tested all keys. Only the key from Mondkalb's MBG Buildings and the key for Schwemlitz self works fine.

The linked key for Mikebart's vegetation doesn't work and the included bikey in Carraigdubh doesn't work too. (checked with verifySignatures = 1)

Ok, thanks for testing that :cool:

Seems we will have to wait for both addon makers to update the key and sign files than.

-Psycho-;2260814']I have tested all keys. Only the key from Mondkalb's MBG Buildings and the key for Schwemlitz self works fine.

The linked key for Mikebart's vegetation doesn't work and the included bikey in Carraigdubh doesn't work too. (checked with verifySignatures = 1)

OK Thanks for the information I will try to get that fixed ASAP.

On a new note now I can't decide if the colorization of the fields is off or not... I would appreciate some feedback regarding this in particular. The basic concern is that the fields of harvested wheat are too yellow/gold instead of dirt/tan colored. Let me know what you think!

It all looks quite beautiful to me, I've been waiting for this one for a while and it doesn't dissapoint.

Great work guys it's one of the next gen arma terrains.

Cheers,

AusSnipe73

This map looks great ! nice work , would be nice to see a German map like this in a WWII theme.

Same map maybe but period pre45 houses, roads ect...:pray: