Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 99515 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM!

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

Edited by Dwarden

Just curious what is so difficult to make AI AT units fire their AT on vehicles with turned out crew? Just place yourself in a AT team and let the opponent tanks drive around on "save"... Kinda silly if those AI AT units trying to kill a little target (heads/upper body of crew) with their rifles and only using their AT launchers if the vehicle crew is on "alert"/"danger" mode. Expected behaviour for AI equipped with AT launchers: open fire on armored vehicles with AT no matter if the vehicle crew is turned out or in. Plus - improved target selection within team/group = effective combat against multiple armored targets (no wasting two, three or more missiles on one enemy vehicle).

Just curious what is so difficult to make AI AT units fire their AT on vehicles with turned out crew? Just place yourself in a AT team and let the opponent tanks drive around on "save"... Kinda silly if those AI AT units trying to kill a little target (heads/upper body of crew) with their rifles and only using their AT launchers if the vehicle crew is on "alert"/"danger" mode. Expected behaviour for AI equipped with AT launchers: open fire on armored vehicles with AT no matter if the vehicle crew is turned out or in. Plus - improved target selection within team/group = effective combat against multiple armored targets (no wasting two, three or more missiles on one enemy vehicle).

Totally right^

Should we create "ticket"?

This is used ad nauseum in MP when using the M2A2, you're safe in it from A.I. because the "loader" is always turned out...and reloads the main gun by using magic. btw. the download does not work, the server is down.

Awesome that the community config changes are making it into the betas this quickly. Great job with that BIS and kju!

Even though this might not be entirely related to the latest tickets/fixes i guess its worth mentioning. I get pretty nice preformance when using this beta, using 20-30 ich ai i get some 1 or two 2 seconds low fps now and then but between that its really smooth 60fps+. Never seen that smooth gameplay when using alot of ai before.

Might of been just me but Im getting this while testing some things in editor, after I shut down the game. Popup window with

Warning Message: No entry 'ca\modules_e\Weather\data\fsms\postprocess.fsm.FSM'.

And in rpt this

Warning Message: No entry 'ca\modules_e\Weather\data\fsms\postprocess.fsm.FSM'.
Warning Message: No entry '.fsmName'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry '.States'.
Warning Message: No entry '.initState'.
Wrong init state
Warning Message: No entry '.finalStates'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'ca\modules_e\Weather\data\fsms\particle.fsm.FSM'.
Warning Message: No entry '.fsmName'.
Warning Message: No entry '.States'.
Warning Message: No entry '.initState'.
Wrong init state
Warning Message: No entry '.finalStates'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Not scripted in mission, its a simple random preview so I don't know how to repro in other way but this. Could be a typo somewhere?

Just realised there is wrong init state there, yet Im not using anything in init line of vehicles, and especially not anything related to weather?

Sounds like related to the weather module. Try again please and upload a simple test mission if you can repro it. Thanks

can someone do a small tutorial on how to implement HC in a mission properly ? i tried with Warfare BE (adding HCname = stuff; to the initJiPcompatible) but when the HC joins it resets players money to 0 $ and many EH are removed from vehicles and players !

I know it sounds like a Warfare BE specific thing,but i really would like to know how to implement HC properly,and whether or not it should stay on server or disconnect to free one more slot ??

Best to start a new thread about it

Check the bugtracker thread, I think someone posted some hints.

Yes,i did it's just that it's not about making the HC work ,it's how to implement it correctly in missions ! maybe,we need a new thread for this now as kju said :D

Not sure why, game is crashing while playing MSO on Taviana this evening, rolling back a patch (to 99477) and seeing if that sorts it.

Update: Nope still crashes to desktop

Seems like several of us have crashed while running a beta client on Taviana MSO, yet when hosted from my own Beta Seerver, ran just fine, the one person in the squad who hasn't crashed was our clan leader, he was running just the standard non beta.

had a look at the RPT, some 4000 lines entered since last crash, game lasted a bit longer this time. i'll search through and try to find anything that stands out.

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0052BDD5
Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
graphics:  D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series, Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1169
resolution:  1920x1080x32

Mods: @taviana
Distribution: 1491
Version 1.62.99477
Fault address:  0052BDD5 01:0012ADD5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
file:     mso_32 (__CUR_MP)
world:    tavi
Prev. code bytes: C4 00 E8 CC F6 51 00 59 59 33 C0 C3 8B 4C 24 04
Fault code bytes: 8B 09 33 C0 85 C9 78 04 03 C9 EB 07 F7 D9 03 C9

Registers:
EAX:00000000 EBX:2CA7B010
ECX:00000034 EDX:0008E3C8
ESI:2D09DD00 EDI:2D7C3940
CS:EIP:0023:0052BDD5
SS:ESP:002B:018CEFEC  EBP:018CF028
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010246
=======================================================

(of course we are using mods and that could be the issue, but it was just fine when the same mods and clients where running off my beta server)

Edited by rhyswilliams999
Update