Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

BTK Player Restore (Multiplayer Autosave)

Not supported anymore!

Edited by sxp2high

Did this mod have any impact on missions like Domination or Hohei Evolution?

This missions have their own storage for some player data's.

Great job BTK and thanks for clarifying the difference to MSO!

From an MSO standpoint this is very similiar to our NOMAD module that saves and restores player loadout, position etc etc to a server side variable every few seconds. If a user disconnects and reconnects they are returned to their last state. In addition MSO now supports doing this between server restarts using our PDB (persistent database) module - along with all other mission data.

This addon probably isn't compatible with MSO as NOMAD would conflict with it. Just an FYI to any MSO users out there.

Congrats again BTK on the release!

This addon probably isn't compatible with MSO as NOMAD would conflict with it. Just an FYI to any MSO users out there.

Thanks.

Exactly. I highly recommend disabling the addon on the client side when playing MSO. Or any other missions that might use Persistent DB.

-Psycho-;2258164']Did this mod have any impact on missions like Domination or Hohei Evolution?

This missions have their own storage for some player data's.

The addon will very likely overwrite those. I have implemented a sleep time of 9 seconds into the mission before the data is actually restored, to make sure that any mission specific loadout scripts are being overwritten for JIPs. So it should work very well with these missions too.

But as stated in the OP, you can always press ESC if you don't wish to restore your data. In that case you will be left with what the mission itself is assigning to you. :)

Have you tested ACE wounds with this? We found that there are lots of ACE Wounds variables that need persisting, not just damage.

I think he did.

Quote from descrption:

Damage when ACE Wounds in enabled (ace_sys_wounds_fnc_getDamage & ace_sys_wounds_fnc_setDamage)

Thanks for explanation sxp2high. I will test tith modification.

I haven't tested wounds much so I guess I should look into that further, thanks for the heads up!

From "General Information (1st post)" it didn't clarifies if the addon must been running on "client" too.

If Yes..please add this little detail to 1st post.

Also..i should add this is a must-have addon.

Yes..I really can't remember a coop mission without an annoying/bad timing disconnect on me-or my team-members.

Thank you :)

Indeed, it must be running on client AND server, sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that, I'll add it to the OP. :)

Hi mi little friend, first of all, congratz to you for doing this..

Now I would like to know 3 things:

1.-Does it work on MSO? (obviously with PDB or NOMAD turned off).

2.-Does it work on Insurgency Missions?

3.-if the server get shutted down, will data be lost?

Sorry for my English :P

It should work with any mission, yes.

If the server is shut down, all data is lost. It only saves data within the session.

It really isn't for persistent missions, it's just for when clients crash/disconnect unwillingly.