Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

Well I want to keep it semi-realistic aswell. Two Utility Humvees are pretty heavy and I don't think a Chinook could fit 2 huge Humvees and still lift off. I'm sure there are more vehicles that fit into the Chinook but I do not want to support every vehicle. Realistically not every vehicle fits in there, and I also need to re-write the scripts for every vehicle, and that's kinda alot of work.

Well I want to keep it semi-realistic aswell. Two Utility Humvees are pretty heavy and I don't think a Chinook could fit 2 huge Humvees and still lift off. I'm sure there are more vehicles that fit into the Chinook but I do not want to support every vehicle. Realistically not every vehicle fits in there, and I also need to re-write the scripts for every vehicle, and that's kinda alot of work.

http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_CH-47Ds_Lifting_HMMWVs_lg.jpg (106 kB)

I thought I'd drop a quick update on the progress of the CRRC script (mainly because I need other peoples opinions).

So far it's going great, thanks to F2K Sel I managed to get over the hard part and I'm just adjusting everything right now. Which leads me to a couple of questions about a few functionalities. How should the velocity look? Would it be better to have a strong velocity if the boat is manned so it can directly move once ejected? I currently have a speed of about 15 m/s assigned to the boats that get kicked out with crew inside, so they speed off pretty easily, and a speed of 5 m/s to boats with no crew. This is sort of the minimum since otherwise it's just going to spin around, but the side effect is that the boat has a tendency to float away once on the water (although slowly)

My second question is, if the boat gets loaded with crew inside the CRRC, should the crew be able to switch to the Chinook's cargo seats and back, or is this unnecessary? I'm asking because it seems to be quite a hassle (although certainly not impossible) and would require some time.

Yeah switching between the cargo seats and back would be great! Looking forward to the next update & your script.

The Chinooks front blades bend way to far back under heavy load. The blades literally look to smack into the body of the Chinook.

The Chinooks front blades bend way to far back under heavy load. The blades literally look to smack into the body of the Chinook.

Do you have a picture please? & Were you using ACE?

Hi Konyo,

Well, that rotorstuff is simple to recreate. Just fly with some speed (arround 200Kph) and then activate auto hover. The Rotorhead will tilt that much, that the rotors are "smacking" into the airframe.

Maybe the animation in that direction has a to high max angle.

An another matter:

Would it be possible that you put that code into the turrets, so the Lademeister (Loadmaster) function works as it should?

Hope the Viewport values are Ok. Just took them from the BIS Chinook.

class MainTurret: MainTurret {
		ace_lademeister = 1;
		ace_viewport = -90;
...}

and:

class RightDoorGun: MainTurret {
		ace_lademeister = 1;
		ace_viewport = 90;
...}

Thanks.

Best regards Mag

Hi Konyo,

Well, that rotorstuff is simple to recreate. Just fly with some speed (arround 200Kph) and then activate auto hover. The Rotorhead will tilt that much, that the rotors are "smacking" into the airframe.

Maybe the animation in that direction has a to high max angle.

An another matter:

Would it be possible that you put that code into the turrets, so the Lademeister (Loadmaster) function works as it should?

Hope the Viewport values are Ok. Just took them from the BIS Chinook.

class MainTurret: MainTurret {
		ace_lademeister = 1;
		ace_viewport = -90;
...}

and:

class RightDoorGun: MainTurret {
		ace_lademeister = 1;
		ace_viewport = 90;
...}

Thanks.

Best regards Mag

Thanks I will try that rotorblade error now.

Also.. what are those ACE values anyway? What do they do? & Are they really needed?

I think its really importend for the gunner to be able to look arround outside the craft, to help the pilot land safe. Especially when the server doesnt have any 3rd Person Camera...

You have the ACE_Lademeister = 1; definition in your base config, thats good. But you have to enable those turrets too.

Here is a link to the function on ACE-WAGN and here's a link to a Config from the ACE-Configured BIS_Chinook.

An another question. Is there a way to disable the fastrope and sling loading features? They arent really needed when using ACE and those actions are cluttering up the mousewheel actions... ;-).

Thanks.

I think its really importend for the gunner to be able to look arround outside the craft, to help the pilot land safe. Especially when the server doesnt have any 3rd Person Camera...

You have the ACE_Lademeister = 1; definition in your base config, thats good. But you have to enable those turrets too.

Here is a link to the function on ACE-WAGN and here's a link to a Config from the ACE-Configured BIS_Chinook.

An another question. Is there a way to disable the fastrope and sling loading features? They arent really needed when using ACE and those actions are cluttering up the mousewheel actions... ;-).

Thanks.

Ok will add those values in for next release :D

No, there is no way to disable the fastroping or slingloading features. Sorry.

Konyo my friend, any chance to add that fuctionallity to you helo without the need for ACE? So when in the LoadMaster position you can look out throw the bottom bay door as we could in real life?

Konyo my friend, any chance to add that fuctionallity to you helo without the need for ACE? So when in the LoadMaster position you can look out throw the bottom bay door as we could in real life?

Hmm not too sure on that sorry, for starter's i wouldnt even know how to script that :p

Edited by konyo

Thought I'd update this for you folks :P

The boat script is done, Konyo should be releasing a video of it soon. Most of the stuff is included in the Readme, and it's almost identical to the ATV script (feature-wise), but there's a huge difference script-wise. Mission makers will have access to both scripts seperately and will be able to use these scripts (ALL scripts from both the ATV and boat script are required for everything to work properly, except the init.sqf) in their missions.

I also added a script which checks for crew, and I'll give you guys a quick rundown how it works.

1. People man their respective boats.

2. Once the action "Attach boat(s)" gets executed, every crew member inside these boats gets moved into the cargo of the Chinook.

3. The crew members of the boat get an action to move back into their boats (crewmembers from the first boat automatically move into boat 1, same with crewmembers from boat 2). Everyone in the Chinook gets this action but only the crew from the boat(s) are able to use it.

4. The action gets removed as soon as NOBODY is left in the cargo space. Properly calculating this was extremely hard as every playsession can be different, so it is strongly advised to NOT carry extra infantry around when doing a water insertion (seriously who does that)

5. As the boat gets ejected it'll be ejected with a speed of 15 m/s (with crew inside) or 5 m/s (no crew inside) onto the water. If the Chinook is above 25m, it'll parachute out. I strongly advise against parachuting it out though, it can land anywhere. It's not exactly stealthy either. Like, the AI reacts if a boat lands ontop of their head, so yeah. Oh, you can parachute out crew too if they're in the boat.

As the boat hits the ground it'll get an action to attach it to the Chinook again. The Chinook & extra boat have to be in range of 20 to 50m for this to work. Same as with the ATV script.

Note that no crew gets a free teleport when the boat gets ejected, so count your guys and make sure everybody's in.

That was about everything for now, hope you guys will like the script once it gets released (or both of the scripts for that matter)

Another short video to show you, this time showing tryteyker's CRRC script he built for the next release of the MH-47E ;)

Actually just noticed the groupChat that got executed in the vid. That's supposed to be debug and won't be in the final release (I'll send you an updated version konyo)

.. So? A good seating position? LOL! :rolleyes:

3FD6A6E4-6EDC-43C7-846F-E3AADA73A35F-97-000000009E2D6F6B_zps29595af1.jpg

Is that for when the rear cargo is full?

It could be.. when there's some nice girls in ArmA, like this lol!

fuel_probe_a.jpg

lol you could make it like Loki's Pussywagon :p

WHY is there a pinguin on that photo.

LOL i already thought that nobody saw that because all that girls siting on that BIG...fuel probe :D :D :D :D