Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Favslev 2.0 Alpha

ui_selectisland_MP_ca.jpg

Finally I decided to release an Alpha of Favslev 2.0.

This map is currently under development and theres still plenty for me to do, but most of it is at least in a basic stage. So It should be

playable for the most part, my team have had no problems so far using it on sundays.

Have fun, feedback and advice welcome.

If you found some major error, like buildings placed unlikely wierd, or stuff on the roads etc Id like to hear it. In that case, please deliver a short description and a coordinate, thanks.

Information & Features

10x10km map from one of Denmarks biggest military tank and infantry training areas. Merged with real sized Skrydstrup Fighterwing's NATO standart airport.

Terrain heightmap is mostly custom where sattelite is mostly real. In large scale, very flat... In small scale, alot of small dents, bumbs and holes.

Denmark (Holsterbro vs. Skrydstrup)

No central city or village.

A lot of open space, fields and military training grounds.

Big forests.

Big fields.

Small farms everywhere.

A river, starting from N-W, fading out and getting shallower towards S-E.

Windmills! :-)

Focused on gameplay - As an example, grass is no higher than you can look over it when lying down. This is mainly because AI sees right through grass clutter, so he can lie down and see you, where you cant see him. We dont want that. Also, ground is so tough to drive on with wheeled vehicles, that roads, and specific types of ground are really useful. Driving offroad is slow :)

Known bugs/errors:

Since its an alpha release, theres still alot to do as:

Somehow remove the mountain background.

A lot of stuff I have forgotten.

Requires:

mbg_killhouse - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15180

mbg_buildings 3 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14828

favslev2_objec - Included

Arma2

Arrowhead

Pictures:

Picture 1 : https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PVi-Dx0J8To/UKUUM6WeVlI/AAAAAAAACHw/5z9kxC9UZ6U/s1280/arma2oa%25202012-11-11%252015-25-42-29.jpg

Picture 2 : https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JkK0dXXpEa4/UIRfjVmL8YI/AAAAAAAACF8/z7py0kJzvs4/s1152/arma2oa%25202012-10-16%252022-14-27-74.jpg

Picture 3 : https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5zQo6f-KrN0/UIRfarMdCJI/AAAAAAAACFM/8HYl0-N99k4/s1152/arma2oa%25202012-10-16%252021-42-02-25.jpg

Picture 4 : https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Q9sOFOiUnB4/T4RngeUVuOI/AAAAAAAABtg/6Vyhl61JR4c/s1152/arma2oa%25202012-04-10%252017-48-37-57.jpg

Picture 5 : https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-UUfsVoTP-5Q/UGnynweY-0I/AAAAAAAACBo/nRHqZIgWysw/s1280/arma2oa%25202012-10-01%252020-59-43-40.png

Especially thanks to:

"Shezan74" -- Maker of World Tools

"Mondkalb" -- Maker of MBG Killhouses/buildings

"Bushlurker" -- Allways having a solution to problems and allways being helpful

"BIS" -- providing the necessary modding tools and the game of course

"DanishDefenceArmy" -- Helping with testing the map and feedback

"-DK-/Deekay" -- Continuent helping, providing tank-track model (currently not used), game-testing the map, Supplying information from real life military training in those specific areas of Denmark.

"Frandsen/RavenDK/Pastry/Franzi" -- Game-testing the map, Helping with my Windmill model, Supplying information from real life military training in that specific area of Denmark. Coming up with the name "Favslev", helping with the hedgerow layout and the aircraft shelters.

"EddyD" -- For letting me use his beautiful aircraft shelters. The map wouldnt be the same without them.

And a thanks to all the people making tutorials and helping on forums.

//Enjoy

Download

Dropbox

---------- Post added 11-18-2012 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-17-2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

Link should now work. :)

Edited by MugAben

Just been having a look around your map, it’s a really nice piece of work so far. Haven’t seen any problems yet, but still plenty to see, so you never know.

Its really great, I will enjoy lots of hours making missions and playing on ‘Favslev’..

Thank you for sharing it.:)

Verry good map.

In 0369-9733 is the water no on the ground. Its süd ost of Dragon Depoterne.

Thanks guys.

That waterstuff will be removed in the next update, and thanks.

Hey guys :D

This is looking very good, i will download now :D

Regards astast

Great to see another Danish map!

One thing I noticed is that the west-most river crossing (at the map's edge) isn't working for the AI; the water isn't shallow enough where the road runs through the river, but the AI fails to notice and loses its vehicles (HMMWVs). Would appreciate if you can lift the river floor about 1m, or remove the road.

William

Hi, I just noticed a conflict with this Island and Chernarus. With Favslev enabled, when you go to Chernarus in editor, the Pirigorodki town (the town east of Chernogorsk) has lost it's name (the text on the map). When I disable Favslev, the text appeared again

Hi, I just noticed a conflict with this Island and Chernarus. With Favslev enabled, when you go to Chernarus in editor, the Pirigorodki town (the town east of Chernogorsk) has lost it's name (the text on the map). When I disable Favslev, the text appeared again

Thanks! I'll look into that.

nice map, ideal for training and I congratulate you for a true military airport =)

keep it up;)

I think that somewhere around the middle of the map, there's the upper half of "Google" written on the ground.

I think that somewhere around the middle of the map, there's the upper half of "Google" written on the ground.

Hihi just noticed that too :D

I must say, this map is awesome. Extremely well done. It's wide open and beautiful. and it doesn't have overgrown grass everywhere. I hate how bi does that. In a neighboorhood or in the middle of cities, everything is way overgrown. They make the cities look so good with nice clean streets etc. but grass is 3 feet high. But this map is awesome.

I believe you wanted feedback. So here is my opinions.

Being that the map is so big and is pretty much a base, it doesn't allow for too much in the way of fighting. Just training. I would suggest making some small, or big, city areas just to give a place to fight. However, I didn't have MBG3 buildings so I know when I was on the map some buildings were gone but not too many.

The slow driving off road might make or break the map. At least for me, but some may agree. I ran along side a humvee and i was sad to see that at short ranges i wasn't too far behind it.

But the main reason the slow offroad is bad is that there is alot of it. It's so open that it takes too much time to get from one place to another. Taking the roads doesn't help because they might take you out of the way. So i'll put on more miles driving the roads, and probably still get there faster off road.

But the main, main, main reason is that this map will probably be used for larger scale battles with armor and many other vehicles and roads won't be very convenient. I say make or break because I'm either going to have to put enemies close together to start with or take a long time before getting into any action.

With the map as is now, i will love using it as an air base and do mostly flying. Maybe use a couple killhouses, but with AI (i can only play sp right now) the killhouses won't be to great. Right now i wan't to organize some awesome armor battle, or something big like that. But I'll end up playing on another map because of offroad speed. This map is too nice not to use a armor battle with great distances like real life.

Don't let my offroad speed opinion make it seem like i'm complaining. I just want to give you as much feedback as possible. Right now in a humvee I can only get up to a speed of 24, 30-34 if using full throttle. But AI don't use full throttle and can often be a pain in the ass driving on roads. Even offroad for that matter. Armor and other vehicles move slower and will definitely cause problems. Maybe you can change it slightly so that instead of 24 you can get it up to 34-40. I respect the slowness but not too slow.

Everything else is awesome. I've been wanting a real airport for a while. Really good.

Oh, one question: I see all the aircraft hangars around the airstrip but what are the upsidedown v shape ones with the grass on top off them. They are near runway but streets are too small for aircraft. I assume for vehciles?

p.s. it would be good to tell what each section is on the map. Like aircraft hangars etc. Some of your sections look like they have a specific purpose. Like fuel tanks or h barriers, etc. Maybe that section is for fuel trucks or something. It would just be good if we can look at the map and it tell us what the sections are for. Like how you name cities etc.

Thank you for all your compliments and sorry for the late answer. Ive been really busy.

The google stuff is ofcourse to be removed as I move along in my sattelite. I still have alot of sattelite dark-shadowy areas to remove, and anything thats 'off' like a "google" will be edited out.

Im just gonna explain a bit here why some of the things are as they are on this map.

If you run an MSO on it will allow for plenty of fighting and scenarios. My team has no problems finding ideas for the map and with enough imagination you can easily create different missions. Try thinking out of the traditional box of allways using towns and buildings as objectives, goals and cover. Try to use the terrain, the forests and what not instead. An objective can simply be convoys, a stolen armored vehicle hidden in a forrest or whatever. Doesnt have to be whole villages or towns.

Since this is based on real terrain and sattelite, I wont be throwing in a city. However, the main reason is that none to very little buildings fit into danish architecture. Ive really tried all buildings in arma, and there is so many eastern europe buildings that stand to much out. I just cant get my self to put in those kind of buildings in my map and the hardest part in this map progress for me, is finding buildings that I think will fit in.

When thats said, there will be plenty more farms and clusters of buildings on the map when its done, and I will do everything in my power when Arma III comes out to make an A3 version.

The slow offroad driving is really because I wanted roads to be the main use for player vehicles. I want players to take in the fact that going offroad will steal away time but make it safer - and driving on roads will increase the risk but be faster. In real life, you wouldnt want to go 40 km/h on a danish field/anywhere offroad. Ive tried, both in civillian and in the military and it is not advisable.. Face it, offroad is difficult and slow. Especially in the longer runs. Any armor shouldnt be affected by the offroad speeds on my map VS. every other map. I get realistic offroad speeds when driving most tracked armor.

I will however take another look at it, and might tweak it a tiny bit because the AI speeds as you wrote. But not very much. (PS. The sand-colored un-marked roads gets you faster around than earth/fields/grass. They all tend to leave to somewhere because they do on the real sattelite image)

The V shaped hangars can be used for vehicles, planes and choppers. In Denmark, we use them for those three kinds. Any vehicle that fits, LYNX helicopters and F16 planes.

A lot of areas on the airfield is NATO standart, and even I dont know what they really are intended for. I guess you would have to be an "expert" on that subject or an insider. :-)

Thanks for the compliments victim913, Im not seeing any of it as complaining, in fact im glad to hear inputs, ideas and thoughts like that.

//Mug

Edited by MugAben

Really nice map. Discover just for now

I enjoy for editing on it. Awesome airport !

@W4lkn

The author of this addon must have had reasons to get his account retired here and not releasing his work here anymore. If you find your news elsewhere the least you could do is to properly credit your source and maybe ask yourself and the author wether an announcement about his work here is what the author actually wants or not.

The updated Favslev was released on the Armaholic forums so if you feel like giving the author some feedback to which he can actually reply post it there!

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Favslev v2.5 Alpha

required_addons.png

MBG Killhouses

MBG Buildings 3 - European Theatre

Favslev_objec (included)

Danish_scene (included, is optional and deletes mountains in horizont)

Arma 2