Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

!! UPDATE 2012/12/27 !!

!! MULTISESSION OPERATIONS v4.55 released !!

Introducing...

- VEHICLE KEYS

- TUP LOGISTICS

- ADMIN TOOLS

- PXS SATCOMs

- MGO ATTACH

- AMBIENT CONVOYS

- CREW INFO

- TAVIANA and ESBEKISTAN missions

Fixed...

- over 160 bug fixes and improvements (see Changelog.txt)

msox.jpg

IMPROVEMENT UPDATE 4.55

- VARIOUS BUGFIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

- REDUCES RED CHAIN/DESYNC

- PERF IMPROVEMENTS ON LONG TERM SESSIONS

- MINIMIZES SCRIPT LAG

- BETTER ENEMY CREATION & DISPERSION

- COMPATIBILITY WITH GBL AIM (Adv. Interaction Module)

- MANUAL PERSIST (PDB)

- GPS GUIDED LOGISTICS-DROP

UPDATE 4.5

Full Database Persistence provided...

- PLAYER STATE incl. gear and damage

- VEHICLES

- OBJECTS

- ENEMY LOCATIONS

- CQB COIN Module

- TEAM MARKERS

- TASKS

- AFTER ACTION REPORTS

- ADVANCED KILL STATs

- LOGISTICS[/b]

You need

ELITENESS to depbo these missions

What's New for v4.55?

- Various performance improvements and bugfixes (see changelog)

Core

- Thanks to Jman we have 2 new features that will allow you to view peeps in your vehicle and even lock it

- Full persistence provided with PDB

- Better menu layout sorting

- Added custom locations for CLAfghan and Esbekistan

- Admin tools

- lockable vehicles

- Bug fixes

Support

- MGO Attach allows you to put on your favorite scope if near an ammo crate (ACE)

- PXS SATCOMs provides uplink to satellite images (SATVIEW)

- TUP Logistics brings you resupplies to the battlefield

- CREWINFO provides better overview of the vehicle you are in

- Bug fixes again...

Enemy

- Complete Recode of Dynamic Enemypop for PDB

- Changed AI movement to FSM to clear up scheduled environment and increase performance

- Optimized EnPop modules to run smoother

- Ambient convoys

- and again some dirty bugs fixed on the fly...

Missions

- Example missions (Vanilla, ACE & ACEX) include: Takistan, Zargabad, Chernarus, Utes, Taviana, Esbekistan, Clafghan, Lingor, Qom Province, Hazar Kot, Celle2, Tigerinanne, Tora Bora, Podagorsk, Eden.

What Is MSO?

Multi Session Operations is a modular mission framework giving you a unique free-roaming gameplay experience in a populated dangerous environment. Essentially it is a collection of scripts that create a persistent, living scenario in which the player operates. Unlike regular missions that have pre-scripted objectives, MSO procedurally generates dynamic enemy forces that are unpredictable and (semi) random. Players have to think beyond the mere tactical level and build up the intelligence picture, carrying out recce patrols to identify enemy locations and conduct deliberate attacks to neutralise them. Everything is persistent, including equipment, ammo, vehicles and even player lives. MSO is designed specifically for Dedicated Server use, but you can also run it Singleplayer or as Host.

Many thanks to DevilDogGamer!

Recommended Settings / Performance / Startup

Due to the dynamic nature of MSO and its reliance on scripting to generate ambience and dynamic enemy, it can be resource intensive. The default settings are the recommended ones for most maps. If you have a large map with lots of locations (Chernarus) or a large number of players you will want to consider disabling or dialling down ambience or enemy.

If you enable ALL the modules, please do not ask us why it performs so poorly. :)

Recommended startup procedure and server environment:

- For a stable gameplay experience it is highly recommended to allow only clients that use same addons and patch as server!

- On MSO startup wait on briefingscreen until initalization has passed "Completed" state (MAP -> MSO -> INITIALISATION), this can take a few minutes!

- Try to avoid startups with more than 20 players at once, better startup alone, and let players join in when init is complete!

Feedback, issues, bugs

Please check on dev heaven for an existing bug and report any issues here.

Note: This is probably our last official release for the common MSO framework 3.x - 4.x, because we are working on a project that we internally call "MSO Next Generation". Without telling too many stories, our team is moving towards new shores and we are eager to provide you with a prototype in the upcoming months!

Credits

Thanks to:

- MSO development team: Wolffy.au, Tupolov, Highhead, Jman, friznit, WobblyHeadedBob, zorrobyte, HateDread, kieran, Ryan, Kolmain

- PersistentDB dev "team" - JMan, Scott W, Firefly

- Antipop, Rommel, Militant, Scarecrow and Australian Armed Forces (AAF)

- Ryan (Rye) and Snakedoctor from the Praetorian Guard (PRAETOR)

- Friznit, Tupolov, DaveP, Gunny and Volunteer Commando Battalion (VCB)

- Krause, Beta, Sandiford, JollyResq - United Operations (UO)

- Fogu, VRCRaptor, Bl1P, Dikkeduif, Kremator, SCAJolly, Katipo66, vengeance1, Dingbat, CebAlmighty, Jayc-astv, 16AA, VCB and AEF clans for testing

- Alef and Sickboy for CBA conversion for A2Free

- Xeno and Mikero for their Mission Builder Script

- Spyder for Object Network Update (ONU), LoyalGuard for ARMA Electrical Grids (AEG), ArmaIIholic and Highhead for World In Conflict (WICT), LurchiDerLurch for AC130 CAS

- Robalo, USMCWall, Muzzleflash, Wobbleyheadedbob, Hatedread, Zonekiller, VoW Widow, Swedge, Lonestar, SBSMac, Prymsuspec, zGuba, Fireball, Nou, Jaynus, Norrin for bits and pieces we got from you

- CWR² team, IceBreakr, Shezan, Commander, Old Bear for making your mods and islands MSO friendly

- Roy86 for Patrol Ops 2 Module

- Enigma for Weather Module

- PXS for Satcoms

- DevilDogGamer for his MSO videos and ongoing support!

- Military Gaming Development Team for MGO Attach

- Glowball for AIM support

Edited by highhead

Congratulation and many thanks to all you for your work and effort.

Great work MSO development team!

I would suggest that you add page numbers to the pdf manual though, being the kind of people who read printed thinks... everywhere, it's easy to get pages mixed.

Dead? or unconscious? Are you using ACE? Escape key to select respawn if you are passed out with no-one to help you.

Great work to the MSO team and those who have contributed.

That said, I'm having some issues that I haven't experienced with 4.4 and 4.5rc3 on both stock and edited missions.

When 4.5 was released I changed Arma2Net to the version linked on MSO's wiki on Dev-Heaven and I've dropped my old tables and imported the new schema. The missions loads initializes fine with NOMAD however using PDB it hangs at "Please wait setting up client". There's a ping in the background as though PDB set up a row for a new table and in the RPTs for both client host everything moves along as it normally should. It will take 15 minutes or so before though there are any logs generated by either Arma2Net or Arma2MySQL and when they start rolling in they look like:

Arma2NetMySQL: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14592975/arma2/New%20folder/11-19-2012_00-54-55.log

Arma2Net: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14592975/arma2/New%20folder/Arma2NET.log

Would this be an MSO issue? Or should I report this somewhere else.

Hi Fadi,

It looks like MSO has not Intialized fully, before you proceeded into game. As there seems to be no entry in the missions table for the Mission you are playing.

Please can you drop the schema and re-import it.

Once that is done, restart MSO, in the Map screen, select the MSO option, then Initialization. Wait until it states Initialization Complete. You will also see this message in the rpt log.

Then continue into game. You should then see above the PDB logo, a message that states it is adding the mission to the database. This will resolve the issue for you hopefully.

Regards

Gunny

Congrats and thanks!!!

Definitively is the perfect choice for ARMA II players

Hi Fadi,

It looks like MSO has not Intialized fully, before you proceeded into game. As there seems to be no entry in the missions table for the Mission you are playing.

Please can you drop the schema and re-import it.

Once that is done, restart MSO, in the Map screen, select the MSO option, then Initialization. Wait until it states Initialization Complete. You will also see this message in the rpt log.

Then continue into game. You should then see above the PDB logo, a message that states it is adding the mission to the database. This will resolve the issue for you hopefully.

Regards

Gunny

Ah, that works for stock missions. Thanks. I'm having issues with edited missions though... Even making small changes they hang at a certain point loading depending on what modules are active; "Initialising: DRN weather" and if I disable that "Initialising: Ambient civilians" and if I disable ambient civs "Initialising: R3f logistics", etc.

Hi comrades!

First, i have to thank you for the heads-up! I am really glad you enjoy MSO! As we want to provide an immersive expierence, far off canned and predictable targets, MSO is really the best gamemode for that!

Ah, that works for stock missions. Thanks. I'm having issues with edited missions though... Even making small changes they hang at a certain point loading depending on what modules are active; "Initialising: DRN weather" and if I disable that "Initialising: Ambient civilians" and if I disable ambient civs "Initialising: R3f logistics", etc.

One of the most important things in MSO is letting it initalize fully, as also stated in the release message! This can take up to 2-5 minutes depending on your machine, and if you play it SP/Host/dedicated server. PDB will only run on a dedicated server (also local dedi is ok).

If it gets stuck somewhere for more than 5 minutes, its very likely that something didnt work out correctly in your custom mission. RPT of client and server, as well as the arma2net logs will help you to find out whats happening. If you cant get it to work, you are welcome to join Skype MSO channel where we can help you more easily!

Hope i could help for now!

HH

Thanks for the update :yay:

Any thoughts towards using the headless client to process AI, etc instead of player clients?

Edited by SavageCDN

Thanks for the update :yay:

Any thoughts towards using the headless client to process AI, etc instead of player clients?

Yeah! Many :-)

Will be the first thing im working on in MSO Next Gen!

If its applicable for 4.5 code, i maybe can port it back!

Lets see how it worx out!

HH

I've been scrounging but can't find anything as far as documentation for the HC... and I'd love to test it out our dedi has more than enough horsepower.. I guess it's just limited to a select few?

Hi to all......thanks for this excellent mission , just one question , i want to enable patrol missions but it says i must have a radio first , i looked in every gun and armor boxes and i cant find it......., im playing ace Lingor versión.

Anywhere one can get more details on MGO Attach and MGO Extra Server Scripts?

No joy in TFM.

MGO Attach will allow for changing your favorite scope if near an ace-crate (ace required). Just use interaction key if near an ace box! And yeah - TFM needs an update for that! Thx!

Radios are in the Rucks-Crate (big silver boxes)! Take a prc117 or 119 f.e.!

Enjoy comrades!!

Could you perhaps provide some more info on the "default" mission that's included with MSO?

I'm completely new to MSO in general, But I can't really understand what the possibility's are right out of the box.

Could you perhaps provide some more info on the "default" mission that's included with MSO?

I'm completely new to MSO in general, But I can't really understand what the possibility's are right out of the box.

Hi Corepax,

Head over to the Project pages on Dev Heaven for some Guides Files are here

Your in for a treat with MSO............Enjoy!

Any issues or questions ask away on here, or we do have a Skype Channel Available.

Regards

Gunny

Edited by Gunny1979
Add Skype

MGO Attach will allow for changing your favorite scope if near an ace-crate (ace required). Just use interaction key if near an ace box! And yeah - TFM needs an update for that! Thx!

Radios are in the Rucks-Crate (big silver boxes)! Take a prc117 or 119 f.e.!

Enjoy comrades!!

Thanks highhead, gave it a try and it's a great feature.

What about the MGO Extra Server Scripts?

ANd it looks like that in mso_32_ace_coop_usa_cz_vs_tak_4-5.mcn_hazarkot.pbo, both ACE and R3F logistic systesm are active. Is it WAD?