Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

just read the description seems awesome. im all into alive in arma 3 but arma 3 sucks cuz of the google glass hot wheel car future we're apparently gonna be livin in in a few years. i uninstalled arma 3 and reinstalled arma 2 and ive been lookin for a while for something that would give a well rounded experience with breadth and freedom. the most immersive thing to me in arma is walking around the base gathering weapons and squad members in a mundane exercise and then going out into the nasty, returning and dealing with wounds at the hospital/eating food with certain scripts etc. im gonna try to work this into my mission and see how it goes.

How do I use to debug console to create a vehicle? I just do screen pos button, create vehicle button, select the vehicle and execute and nothing happens. Do I have to write it somewhere? Would be useful :D

i am playing as independent and when i try to request a patrol nothing happens. i also dont get the option to recruit people at the hq. do you know how to fix this? i am specifically playing as the sgw_mer middle eastern rebels.

also i am playing against the united states, but the enemy population module keeps spawning them in russia camps with kamaz trucks and podnos. how can i make it so US camps spawn with MTVRs and US ammo crates and everything? in mso_fnc_selectcamptype.sqf i see

if("BIS_TK_GUE" in MSO_FACTIONS) then {
	_camp = _camp + ["MediumTentCamp_local","SmallTentCamp2_local","SmallTentCamp_local"];
};

i also see in main_pdb.sqf

DEP_camptypes =
[
       "bunkerMedium01",
       "bunkerMedium02",
       "bunkerMedium03",
       "bunkerMedium04",
       "bunkerSmall01",
       "guardpost4",
       "guardpost5",
       "guardpost6",
       "guardpost7",
       "guardpost8",
       "citybase01",
       "cityBase02",
       "cityBase03",
       "cityBase04",
       "MediumTentCamp_local",
       "SmallTentCamp2_local",
       "SmallTentCamp_local",
       "camp_militia1",
       "camp_militia2",
       "anti-air_tk1",
       "camp_tk1",
       "camp_tk2",
       "firebase_tk1",
       "heli_park_tk1",
       "mediumtentcamp2_tk",
       "mediumtentcamp3_tk",
       "mediumtentcamp_tk",
       "radar_site_tk1"
];

but i dont even know what this means. i thought this is where the camps would be defined (like what vehicles/objects/ammocrates spawn there etc) but there are no objects it just says this stuff like "SmallTentCamp_local". where is that located? where can i make my own camp types?

Edited by rxnxr23

i guess it turns out the camps are pre-defined in the game. theres a list of them here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Object_Compositions

i think you have to edit mso_fnc_selectcamptype.sqf, main_pdb.sqf, TUP_spawnAA.sqf and TUP_deployRoadblock.sqf. the former two are in enemy\modules\rmm_enemypop and the latter are in enemy\scripts.

i thought this would work, but now no camps are spawning at all anywhere.

Edited by rxnxr23

does this work at all with player as opfor?

I cant even get it to work full stop.

I keep getting description.ext errors as soon as I create a server.

Even if I use a mission that does not kick that eror no AI spawn to shoot at :(

STEAM really has fucked every thing arma 2 use to stand for :(

Like this awesome mission.

Even creating a dedi server used to be easy now its crap.

I managed to get a server going I join this MSO mission and get script errors about houses etc and get kicked right back to the bloody roll select screen.

STEAM YOUR SHIT patch 1.63 has killed arma 2

I wish I never tied my retail copys to steam now :(

Hello,

I've downloaded the standard ACE MSO pack and started to edit the Takistan version of it.

The only thing i've changed are the units and the position of the base.

Now my question is, is there a way to disable the spectator script that always happends when you get ''downed''.

I've been on several servers where you go into the black-in / black-out screen when you get shot/downed.

For example: Task Force 187 - Fallujah Insurgency.

Please help!

I know that I am bumping a rather old thread but I have a question about MSO that perhaps someone could answer for me. I have followed every bit of information to the letter on how to setup MSO's Persistent DB and for some reason when I start the server and load the mission for MSO it will NOT save anything to the tables even though I have set the tables using the proper file included in the mission as well as placed arma2net into my mods and have it active during the MSO mission. I still can't get it to save any data from the MSO mission to the MySQL database.... I'm really frustrated about this since I would really like to put together a MSO server for my unit. They have REALLY been wanting to have a steady multi-session operation going for the better part of 5 months now and every time I try to get it to work it will not save anything at all. PLEASE someone help me out here, we are using a VDS through NFOservers, unmanaged virtual machine with the bare minimum at the moment to run a MSO server. OS is win server 2008 r2, latest mysql and mysql workbench as well. I don't know what else I can say but if you guys can offer me ANY advice as to why its not saving anything please let me know.

My group had problems with the location of the Arma2Net dll's in the past that caused what you've described.

The mso release had some debugging tips, did you have any luck with that? We didn't get any output whatsoever (potentially because I do not know what I am doing!), so I made a guess that the database interface code simply wasn't loading (as opposed to crashing, which would generate errors), and trying the dlls in a few places eventually worked.

We have copies of the Arma2NETMySQLPlugin dll and MySql Data dll in:

ServerDir\ at Arma2NET\AddIns\Arma2NetMySQLPlugin\

ServerDir\

We have version 6.5.7 of mysql-connector net, and 2.2 of Arma2Net (I think newer mysql-connectors should work, but it may be worth trying the older version if all else fails).

You mention running with a bare minimum. My experience is that MSO tends to need quite a lot, so be prepared for it to run badly unless you get good hardware.

Edit:

From the Arma2NET docs: "Arma2NETMySQL looks two places for the relevant files and folders. First, it checks the Arma2/Arma3 root directory. If it can’t find them there, it looks in the AppData folder. " -- this solves our problem, hopefully it helps with yours

Edited by bradon

^ Also with rented servers there can be issues with access to the .dll location if it's stored in \appData

Generally you need a server that you have full access to (ie: RDP) rather than a shared hosting solution that uses control panel software to admin the machine.

edit: original instructions for setting up PDB

PersistentDB setup for MSO 4.5 ---- REQUIRED INSTALLATIONS ----

Install MySQL 5.5 - user: root pwd: enter a suitable password (including Workbench if possible), check installation path (!)

Install .NET 4.0 Client Profile and Reboot

Install .NET Framework 4.0 Full

Install MS Visual C++ Redistributable

Install mysql-connector-net-6.5.4

Install MySQL Workbench if you haven yet (if in doubt, just accept all default settings)

---- SETTING UP PDB ----

Check that MYSQL Server is running and import SQL dump using MySQL Workbench

get MSO[date].sql from mission folder \core\modules\persistentDB\ or use download-link below (attachments)

In MySQL Workbench > Manage Security > Setup a user called arma (set password) and give it dba permissions, ensure user can only connect from localhost.

Download and copy @Arma2Net folder to ArmA2(OA) Root directory (use download-link in attachments)

Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL (-> create the folder if not there)

open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)

Update dedicated server (armaoaserver.exe) launch shortcut and add @Arma2NET to mod line

Launch the dedicated server shortcut, start up a mission with PDB and make sure it is switched to "ON" on params.

---- DEBUGGING ----

Install baretail log monitor

In baretail open the server rpt and the arma2net log file (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2NET) - will indicate if MySQLPlugIn has been successfully loaded.

Once in game, in baretail open the mysqlplugin log (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL\logs\[date].log - will indicate if SQL calls have been successful.

NOTE: Make sure in your locale regional settings the decimal seperator (maybe a comma ,) is set to dot (.)!

Edited by SavageCDN

Not sure if it's coming back either... need a hand setting it up?

would be happy about the manual for mso+persistent db all stuff i found on google was outdated/or not working.

Persistent DB setup is in my post above. The colour PDF manual for MSO - I have a copy somewhere will dig it up.

Filedropper link for 2 x MSO PDF manuals

http://www.filedropper.com/mso

Edited by SavageCDN
added link

ty for the downloads one last question i got the wiki back > http://web.archive.org/web/20140217051415/http://dev.withsix.com/projects/mso/wiki

is there a copy of:

@Arma2NET.7z - @Arma2NET folder required for MSO 4.5+ (431.2 kB) highhead, 03/04/2013 20:49

anywhere available only link i've found was http://www.alivemod.com/downloads/@Arma2NET.7z but its the "alive" version without the arma2netmysql extension

I'll check...might still have a copy floating around somewhere.

If 2.3 which savage linked does not work try an older version on Scott_NZ's bitbucket

https://bitbucket.org/Scott_NZ/arma2net/downloads

2.2 works for me with mso 4.6

- Edit -

The above is a bit incomplete, since you also need arma2netmysql.

I've uploaded the arma2net 2.2 that used to be available on dev heaven to http://www.filedropper.com/arma2net, savage's link was not working for me

Edited by bradon

Yeah filedropper sucks :) Thanks for the link looks like yours is dead now as well... if anyone needs the .sql file just PM me.

As far as arma2net version I think you are right - 2.2 is the one you need.

Would there be an issue (objections from mso contributors, or a licensing issue - the latter seeming unlikely since it's mostly using apache2) if I/someone were to clone the mso repo (git://git.dev-heaven.net/mso.git) and host it plus all relevant files (like arma2net and the arma2netmysql plugin) I still have on someplace like github, so it's easy for groups to access (and contribute to)?

Please see here. In short - as the developers of MSO we would prefer you didn't. Official license terms notwithstanding, MSO is a mess and there are far too many individual contributors to be sure you have permission for all the bits, many of which have been re-released or subsumed into other addons.

Admins - this thread really should be locked. It's ancient and long since out of date.