Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Hello!

I got a little question: Is it possible to run two different MSO missions on one server (inc. pdb)?

If yes, what do i need to do?

Yes you can just ensure the missions are named differently, he missions will then be saved into PDB with unique id's. All the data will then be referenced to each mission with with the specific id.

Hi, All.

Just created MSO on Chernarus based on 4.6 framework. All is ok but one problem - signed at FOB, cleared town, then pack up FOB and got killed while FOB is packing. Respawned at 1000 meters falling down, reading THE FOB IS PACKING YOU WILL RESPAWN AT BASE message in side chat. respawn_west marker is placed at stationary base. What can be wrong?

Hi. I need some help getting my Arma 2 MSO server to run the persistent database; I have tried many things, and Googled for hours, but it still does not work. I am running a windows 2008 R2 server. here are the installs/versions of the mysql/.net framework: RBehoXH.png

This is the start up parameters for my server :

arma2oaserver.exe -ip=74.91.127.38  -port=2303 -arma2netdev "-config=C:\Arma server 2\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TADST\MSO\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Arma server 2\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TADST\MSO\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Arma server 2\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TADST\MSO" -name=MSO "-mod=;C:\Arma server 2\Arma 2;C:\Arma server 2\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jayarma2lib;@Arma2NET"

Here is the RPT file for the server, trying to use PDB crashes the server:

http://pastebin.com/cA6qbZiL

Here is the ARMA2NET log:

http://pastebin.com/e7jzK0Ay

The server works fine if I have PDB disabled in the parameters, but the second I turn it on,and we start the map; we cannot get past the setting up new client for the persistent database screen, and then the server crashes.

The ALiVE skype channel is called:

ALiVE - Public Channel (formerly MSO)

Hi. I need some help getting my Arma 2 MSO server to run the persistent database; I have tried many things, and Googled for hours, but it still does not work. I am running a windows 2008 R2 server.

The server works fine if I have PDB disabled in the parameters, but the second I turn it on,and we start the map; we cannot get past the setting up new client for the persistent database screen, and then the server crashes.

I assume you have followed these directions?

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mso/wiki

I would suggest joining the Skype channel as well.. my guess is that you don't have the database.txt file in the location required for arma2net to function but one of the MSO guys might be able to troubleshoot further.

Edited by SavageCDN

It's so weird I can't find you :

I typed "ALiVE - Public Channel"-->nothing

"ALiVE"-->a lot of people but not you

would it be ok if I also added you to skype? I am trying to set up Arma 2 MSO with persistent db but there are so many broken links and old instructions I really need help...

We're using a modified version of your 12-man Lingor MSO and it worked quite well for a few weeks. However, over the last few days I have to restart the server every day to make things run. If the server runs for more than a day we get extreme FPS drops (10FPS for me) and weird things like dozens of trucks start spawning, usually in the same place. I will just go back to an old version that worked for now but I was wondering if you guys could tell me what the problem might be.

Hmm... not sure to be honest. Is this my Lingor ACE MSO you are using or one of the older 'stock' ones from the MSO wiki?

Having an issue getting the PDB to receive commands from the mission. Arma2Net is being initialized but the commands just won't work. Here is the output from the RPT. And idea whats wrong with it?

Warning: Info: 15:58:05 - Received - Database: arma MySQL Command: INSERT INTO kills (mid,pid,wea,dist,fac,kil,dea,pos,da) values (any,"24638022",'M4A1 M203 RCO','0','"USMC"','Team Leader','true','[7579.19|3521.42|0.00143576]','[2012|6|1|10|46]')

Warning: 15:58:05 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unknown column 'any' in 'field list'

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int32& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.RunOnDatabase(MySqlCommand command, Int32 maxResultSize)

I Have a quick question. does anyone know how i could have AI Artillery support in the ACE Menu in a MSO? On some public server a long time ago they had this and i would love to have it for my group. Thanks!

Editors Question @theDevs: Where exactly is "mso_fnc_hasRadio" defined. I just can't dig it up. But I need to modify it to not depend on ACRE.

EDIT: Nevermind: Found it - searched fnc/functions folders all day and now its located in an init.sqf ... my bad

Edited by Dar

Someone have a mso 4.6 edited they are working with ace and 10718 beta patch ?

i have problems with fob is respawning after restart and fuel of all vehicles is empty.

Edited by SSchmidt

MSO Sure does know how to piss you off.

Every single time I try to set this goddamn thing up it is a hit & miss like a bipolar sufferer, firstly I get errors because apparently I have to put all of the files from "@Arma2NET" in to my beta_oa or expansion\beta folder which only happens every second time I install it.

Then once I get everything set up I am thrown nothing but error after error during attempts to connect to the database.

Is there ONE SINGLE tutorial that actually works?

Info: 21:16:11 - Logging started in directory: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL/logs/
Info: 21:16:11 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.
Info: 21:16:11 - Version number: 0.1.0.0
Info: 21:16:11 - Loading databases...
Info: 21:16:11 - Databases.txt file loading in from: C:\ArmA 2 Server\arma 2 oa\Databases.txt
Info: 21:16:11 - Type: mysql Database: arma IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: arma Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons
Info: 21:16:11 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: GetMissionByName Parameters: tna=mso_32_ace_coop_usmc_un_vs_ins_4-55
Info: 21:16:11 - Parsing parameters...
Info: 21:16:13 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: NewMission Parameters: tna=mso_32_ace_coop_usmc_un_vs_ins_4-55,ttd=1,tsc=1,tgsc=1,tlog=0,twea=1,tace=1,tlv=1,tobj=1,tloc=1,tobc=1,tmar=1,ttas=1,taar=1,tmda="19/05/2014 20:16:12",tmap=chernarus,tsvr=throw "Arma2Net.Managed.FunctionNotFoundException",taddr=throw "Arma2Net.Managed.FunctionNotFoundException",tsloc=throw "Arma2Net.Managed.FunctionNotFoundException"
Info: 21:16:13 - Parsing parameters...
Warning: 21:16:13 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Data too long for column 'taddr' at row 1
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
  at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.MySQL.RunOnDatabase(MySqlCommand command, Int32 maxResultSize)
Info: 21:16:13 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: GetMissionByName Parameters: tna=mso_32_ace_coop_usmc_un_vs_ins_4-55
Info: 21:16:13 - Parsing parameters...
Info: 21:16:14 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: CountLandVehicleIDsByMission Parameters: tmid=<null>
Info: 21:16:14 - Parsing parameters...
Warning: 21:16:14 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Incorrect integer value: '<null>' for column 'tmid' at row 1
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
Info: 21:16:14 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: CountAARIDsByMission Parameters: tmid=<null>
Warning: 21:16:14 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Incorrect integer value: '<null>' for column 'tmid' at row 1
Info: 21:16:14 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: CountTaskIDsByMission Parameters: tmid=<null>
Info: 21:16:14 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: CountObjectIDsByMission Parameters: tmid=<null>
Info: 21:16:14 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: CountLocationIDsByMission Parameters: tmid=<null>
Info: 21:16:56 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: GetPlayer Parameters: tmid=<null>,tpid=2287169
Info: 21:16:56 - Parsing parameters...
Warning: 21:16:56 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Incorrect integer value: '<null>' for column 'tmid' at row 1
Info: 21:16:56 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: InsertPlayer Parameters: tpid=2287169,tna=ColinM,tmid=<null>,tsid=WEST,tpos=[10298.2|1949.75|0.00135756]
Warning: 21:16:56 - MySQL error. MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Incorrect integer value: '<null>' for column 'tmid' at row 1
Info: 21:16:56 - Received - Database: arma Procedure: GetGlobalScoreByPlayer Parameters: tpid=2287169

Update: Some deep breaths and one movie later, I've repaired the issue by going back to step one and installing from scratch to ensure I covered every step.

I done things the same way, but for some reason things are now working...

Edited by ColinM9991

Can I use iniDB or no Database and still have it be Persistent? My server hoster does not support ArmA 2 beta which is required for MySQL plugin for ArmA 2.

^ hmmm.. that was pre 1.63 (beta requirement) so you should be OK using 1.63 with 4.6 MSO. Even if not you can set the database type to NOMAD in parameters - this will only persist until the server is reset.

Loving MSO!!!! But Im havign some issues with FPS, Im hosting and whenever I get near a medium sized town with any OPFOR I get 15-20 FPS, my rig is AMD Fx8350 Nvidia GTX660, Samsung SSD, and 8 GB of G-Skill RAM,

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Edited by Opendome

As I mentioned in my PM you really need a dedicated server for MSO (even more so than ALiVE). If at all possible set up your PC to run the dedicated server (assign to 2 cores) then connect using your client on the same PC (assign to rest of cores). Disable all ambient stuff if frame rates are still low.

Even on dedicated it can be tough... we've run a 42 player session on Reshmaan using the HC and still the server was down around 15 FPS (which is fine BTW.. anything over 10FPS on the server).

Thanks for the help bud! I was just seeing all these MSO videos with people with awesome FPS

Can anyone please help me? I've searched everywhere and cannot for the life of me figure out how to add additional enemy factions to the MSO script. I know the correct faction name and everything, but I can't manage to add the faction to the enemy/init.sqf without it breaking my mission. (If I use the exact syntax as the other factions, yet just use the name of the new faction, it crashes my game.)