Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Combat boots

Exclamation

Since I got my combat boots recently (I'll be entering service in late August) I was wondering, do all NATO countries issue the same combat boots to their armed forces?
    My boots are officially called 'M90 combat boots'. What kind did you wear during service? And were they comfortable?

You are kidding me? 'M90 combat boots'? The Swedish one is called m90 Marschkänga.. I wonder if it is the same model:

Summer model:

Winter model:

Anyway, pretty solid boots. Not to shabby, but nothing spectacular. You have to change the felt sole since the original one sucks.

After a couple of months I bought my own boots of a different model that were better.

Here is the finnish summer combat boot: Varsikenkä M91.

Here is the winter boot:

The summer boot is decent. Quite light, but requires good socks to be comfortable. The winter boot is heavy as hell, but it is also very warm. I survived 40 degrees freeze with those ones like a dream.

But if I ever go to war, I'll take these babies:

Meindl Tunturisusi

I bought them a couple of years back with 200 euros. I have trekked with them for quite a while now and I have no complaints. Water-proof and breathing, fit like a dream, I love those boots.

\"Mmm, love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.\" -Tex [USMC]

\"How much education do you need to understand that you dont stick your wick in twat without a jimmy unless you want a kid!\" -ericz

Scooby

I bought one pair of those to myself after military service for hiking use.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Standard issue Bundeswehr Kampfstiefel (Combat boots):

Other boots i wore, because they were more comfortable in most circumstances:
    Summer/Regular duty in the barracks, cheap ass Magnum Hitec:

Winter, Lowa´s:

these are still issued in french army
    the worst thing i've ever worn
    i found it very unconfortable , the only good thing was the fantastic ankle support
    i think the alpine units have secial boots , but i've never been issued myself with winter boots . the only way to keep our feet warm was to wear 2 or 3 pairs of socks

- edit -
    here are the french cold weather boots , but they are rarely issued to the troops

jungle boots (dunno if they are still issued though) :

2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 16 2002,192)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

these are still issued in french army
    the worst thing i&#39;ve ever worn
    i found it very unconfortable , the only good thing was the fantastic ankle support

i think the alpine units have secial boots , but i&#39;ve never been issued myself with winter boots . the only way to keep our feet warm was to wear 2 or 3 pairs of socks[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Exactly &#33; The best ankle support I&#39;ve never seen ( tried many boots - BW type, Heckel, etc...), and because it&#39;s the more important, that&#39;s why my vote goes for them &#33;
    And very fast to close with constant foot and ankle pressure.

Sure you have to break theyr hard leather parts, to carry withoot damages for our grunt&#39;s first weapon&#39;s, the feet &#33; lol &#33;
    But when you&#39;ve done it, they will fit better than fine sport shoes, and wearing first a cooton sock and then an big wool one, you can turn asleep in normal conditions forgetting you&#39;re wearing them &#33;

The sole do not attract the mud too much, comparative to other boots, the design resist well to humidity, the thick leather protect front and rear part of the feet from shocks...not so heavy than unusefully other sophisticated models...

This is the most effective shoe on earth &#33;

Thanks for the pictures Ran, they remembers me some funny years &#33;

P.S. The first picture shows very tired ones, but the second picture...I believe they are civilian copy ( already saw many in surplus shops ) with bad thin leather and different design around ankle, worst sews.

lol , had a hard time to find these pictures
    i didn&#39;t like these mainly because i have a special kind of feet
    in clear : they don&#39;t make the shoes , the shoes make them
    it&#39;s hard to find something good to put on my feet
    when i was in the army , i had my exact shoe size , it harmed so much .... lol
    now i use a pair of these boots but one size over

These are what I wore. They are NOT issue.

Summer:

Winter:

-----------
    Former maintainer of "Dynamic Range" soundpack, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

altama boots ? longely hesited between these ones and a surplus pair of french boots , took the french boots cuz i had an occazion to find a cheap pair and the altamas cost a lot (like almost every other combat boots)
    they seemed confortable but a little bit easy to dirty and not solid enough at my taste and the sole would be unnecessary for what i do with my shoes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast