Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

Making my object soild

Hi all

I am slowly getting to gribs with O2 and my project is close to completion. What I have found is that I can walk through my object. I have added add mass and I have added contact points but can't figure out how to make my object so I can't walk through it?

Rhys

In geometry press >Structure > convexity > component convex hull ,

this should give you a component number starting component_01 , if it creates quite a lot , then your original shape was probably too complex, try to make simpler parts ,so you end up with few components.

makes ure you add mass again if required,

you can us this as your fire geometry too for simple shapes

It can also be that you need to go to Topology\find components

For the geometry lod, your shapes have to be simple and convex. You want to build an approximation of your shape out of blocks, essentially. Component convex hull tries to take the components you have already made and make them convex, but these components must be very simple or else weird things can happen.

Thanks Thromp

Applied what you suggested, it worked but the only problem is the whole helidam is now solid and the top hole is gone so I can't dip the bucket into the dam.

I opened the geomerty LOd applied a box and great can't walk through my dam all I noticed was each corner pushed me away from the dam but I guess I need to make a shape closer to the dam so I can walk round in a circle and not in a square

Rhys

Edited by nosecone

sounds like your shape is a bit intricate , you will have to try your best to make a geo lod that best fits,

if there is a whole in it then of course that hole must exist in your geometry too , take your time but remember to make it convex at every stage so you don't lose that mass in game.

Thanks Thromp

Is it best to copy my object in the first LOD and then click on the Geo LOD paste my object set apply mass and when >Structure > convexity > component convex hull. Or should I make a simple object in the Geo LOD to cover the object?

Rhys

No don't do that if its complex :)

it will tell you its ok but its highly unlikely if its a complex curved object with a hole it will be ok :)

just make some Blocks around it and manipulate vertices , remember this just to stop you bumping into it , the Fire geometry is for accurate bullet hits etc.

Thanks Thromp

Made a simple shape around the dam to stop walking through it. Next step if you can let me know, is to work out how to place transparent water object in the dam and in the bambi bucket

Rhys

I think you can add a face with a procedural texture with 0 alpha and then move it to bottom in the alpha sorting order, then bring it up until the bucket reappears.

I don't know what the path is for the Pond object ,indeed weather or not there even is one , you will need to find out if there is and create a face , apply this texture to the face and the rvmat , that's job done for the pool or dam object .

for the bucket you need to do the same and once the whole face/faces are seleted, you will then name it water , then you make a Hide animation , this will give you the power to hide and unhide it to allow the appeareance of it empty and full stages .

you can look at my Bucket and look in TOH editing section here , there is a good guide for using hide animation I did for walls, its same thing Diff object.

Thanks Thromp

Can you point me in the right direction for the guide to using the hide animation can't seem to find it. Also is there a guide to making transparent textures.

Rhys

Sorry old thread, but the geometry mass does not effect the Armour of the object nor does the "Armour" value in the config, i'm trying to make it invincible.