Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Hello. This is a thread dedicated to our modification of Tonic's Wasteland mission hosted on servers provided by arma2.ru community. Here we accept all complains, suggestions, cheat and bug reports as well as general talk related to Wasteland mission.

Hosting wasteland

If you wish to host wasteland on your server, we have following requirements:

Minimum hardware:

- CPU i7 2600

- RAM 8GB

Software:

- Windows Server 2008 R2.

- RDС with full access.

- We can use VPS on VirtualBox or similar software.

We will take installation on ourselves which will include our anti-cheat measuers as well. Thank you.

Email your server-related questions to ws@arma.su

Lots of mission screenshots

Video review by ZombieMaster:

Original Wasteland: Tonic's Wasteland

- General mission description and other information coming soon -

People who take care of server (admins):

English\Russian-speaking:

Sa-Matra (profile)

Russian-speaking:

MiB

BlackSTaP

Cayman

Kosta

... list is outdated

English-speaking:

NeX (profile)

Garrett_91 (profile)

[N3RD2] Caboose -1 (profile)

[N3RD2] sMILESaLOT

... list is outdated

Our current servers list:

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by SaMatra
  • Thanks 1

I want to thank you for your hard work and effort put into your version of Wasteland. I've played on other Wasteland servers and I keep on coming back to your servers because your modifications are what makes Wasteland amazing.

I have a few questions, What happened to the Utes map that was hosted on server #3? It was a lot of fun and I hope you bring it back soon. A lot of American players and I regularly play on your servers however we get unbearable pings due to most of us being far from Russia, do you have any plans on releasing your mod for other people to host?

Edited by Duhoy

SaMatra,

I also would like to thank you for the effort you are putting in this project, playing wasteland on your servers is real fun.

Are there any plans to make the world persistent anytime soon?

keep it up!

Thanks for your comments guys.

Utes will be back soon on #2 server, I just need to update it to new functionality which I made for Chernarus mission

There always have been talks about making Wasteland persistent, but I have mixed opinions on that:

1) Player saving: Do we really need it? People don't live longer than few hours, usually around 15-20 minutes, its not like dayz at all. Even if there will be player saving, what going to happen if you join different team, for instance? Will you reappear on same spot as different team and be able to attack ex-teammates? There are a lot of questions.

2) Stats saving: Definitely going to make this happen. It going to save player kills, AI kills and possibly number of completed missions

3) Bases saving: Another thing I really want to implement since I love making bases. Its a very difficult task though since precise positioning of each piece of base is very important and there are problems with that in ArmA 2.

Unfortunately we can't let others host our mission right now since we might seriously lose player base on our server which directly affects my motivation and will to improve on Wasteland. Another reason is overall instability and in-development status of everything. Plus we have lots of anti-cheater measures of many levels, other people might not be as serious when it comes to preventing cheaters from playing on Wasteland. We have plans on making US or EU based server(s) though, I'm really looking forward to that myself.

Edited by SaMatra

Utes will be back soon on #2 server, I just need to update it to new functionality which I made for Chernarus mission

Awesome! Looking forward to that as I loved the chaotic nature of Utes.

1) Player saving: Do we really need it? People don't live longer than few hours, usually around 15-20 minutes, its not like dayz at all. Even if there will be player saving, what going to happen if you join different team, for instance? Will you reappear on same spot as different team and be able to attack ex-teammates? There are a lot of questions.

I agree on this, player saving isn't really nessiccary.

2) Stats saving: Definitely going to make this happen. It going to save player kills, AI kills and possibly number of completed missions

Oh sounds awesome, It'd be great to see all of your accomplishments saved. This is much better than player saving.

3) Bases saving: Another thing I really want to implement since I love making bases. Its a very difficult task though since precise positioning of each piece of base is very important and there are problems with that in ArmA 2.

Oh please do! I've had a lot of fun building bases and it is painful to see your creations go away after a restart.

Unfortunately we can't let others host our mission right now since we might seriously lose player base on our server which directly affects my motivation and will to improve on Wasteland. Another reason is overall instability and in-development status of everything. Plus we have lots of anti-cheater measures of many levels, other people might not be as serious when it comes to preventing cheaters from playing on Wasteland. We have plans on making US or EU based server(s) though, I'm really looking forward to that myself.

Completely understandable reasons, I can't wait til you guys get a US server up and running :D!

Do you have any plans to put Wasteland on other maps? Such as Lingor Island or Takistan? I'd sure love a Lingor Island wasteland.

Do you have any plans to put Wasteland on other maps? Such as Lingor Island or Takistan? I'd sure love a Lingor Island wasteland.

Most likely. We still try to find a way to make Takistan into Wasteland. The biggest problem is that each buliding on Takistan has built-in models of our food and water, you can't delete them without deleting entire house:

7B9CC2A5B722F79C9F6BC1376CA776FDA75D08CC

We have few ideas about this though and it might become playable one day.

I just wanted to thank you for spending so much time on creating such a great mod! I really love it.

I'm so looking forward to play on Utes again!

Samatra

Quick question mate!

How are you limiting your servers to 60 players when you have 120 player slots available!

I know it over rides the maximum player slot.. But you don't seem to have that problem!

Cheers

I just wanted to thank you for spending so much time on creating such a great mod! I really love it.

I'm so looking forward to play on Utes again!

Utes is up again on #2

Samatra

Quick question mate!

How are you limiting your servers to 60 players when you have 120 player slots available!

I know it over rides the maximum player slot.. But you don't seem to have that problem!

Cheers

I think this config value should take care of problem

maxPlayers = 60;

Got that mate.. Standard cfg line!

For some reason it has climbed over our max player limit. We had 67 players on our server there with a player limit of 50..

Mental!

Hi, we want to host this mod on our server also. can you please PM me the files and install steps. Is there any changes to the server.cfg or startup command server side. We have tried a .pbo file in the MPmission folder server side, but no vehicles or loot spawn.

Hi, we want to host this mod on our server also. can you please PM me the files and install steps. Is there any changes to the server.cfg or startup command server side. We have tried a .pbo file in the MPmission folder server side, but no vehicles or loot spawn.

Hello. Our version of Wasteland is unavailable for other to host.

I would like to ask if you can increase the ping limit on the server, i come from australia yet enjoy playing on your servers but i am constantly getting kicked for 404-410 ping, along with alot of my aussie buddies that want to play.

So i would like to ask if the ping limit could get increased to 410-420 :)

I would like to ask if you can increase the ping limit on the server, i come from australia yet enjoy playing on your servers but i am constantly getting kicked for 404-410 ping, along with alot of my aussie buddies that want to play.

I agree with this.

Hello. Our version of Wasteland is unavailable for other to host.

Why not share it with the community, after all you have used someone else's work to get the server you have.

There are alot of people who want to play it around the world who cant because your server ping is to high and players get kicked.

Why not share it with the community, after all you have used someone else's work to get the server you have.

There are alot of people who want to play it around the world who cant because your server ping is to high and players get kicked.

Not until I'm interested in developing new features, I need full control over Wasteland in order to make better mission. Current Wasteland is already 95% of my own code, the only thing left from Tonic is initial idea and parts of shop and player menu interfaces which are going to be replaced by my own concept soon.

Asked our sysadmin if he agrees with this change.

Hey SaMatra,

Just wanted to say I briefly spent a few hours on your server and thought the changes you made were amazing! Only thing is I play from Australia and I'm frequently getting ping kicked which is to be expected. I too was hoping that you could up the ping limit to 450 so us Aussies could play on your server seeing as no other hosts have your version. I have plenty of aussie arma 2 mates who would love to join in and frequent on your server as well!

Thanks!!

Not until I'm interested in developing new features, I need full control over Wasteland in order to make better mission. Current Wasteland is already 95% of my own code, the only thing left from Tonic is initial idea and parts of shop and player menu interfaces which are going to be replaced by my own concept soon.

Asked our sysadmin if he agrees with this change.

Would you accept payment for a usable mission file for our server? check your PMs

I'm sure Sa-Ma already knows this but felt I should put it up on the forums for others to see. :p

Thank you so much for creating this wonderful and at times dangerously addictive mod.

Now to just spread word of it to all those people who bought Arma 2 only for DayZ and may have since become bored of that and are looking to get a different experience out of the game.

:)

Is there anyway to save bases so they don't disappear on a server reset?

Thanks for your comments guys.

Can we be your official Australian Host? As most Aussies cant play with the ping limit but you do have a huge following there.

Is there anyway to save bases so they don't disappear on a server reset?

Can we be your official Australian Host? As most Aussies cant play with the ping limit but you do have a huge following there.

^ this

How can I increase the vehicle and loot spawn beyond the highest limit?

Where is a download link? :o

We don't provide our mission for hosting right now.

We are looking to expand and might contact you on this matter later, but I can't say anything for certain.