Sign in to follow this  
resistance-rat

[SP] Slenderman

Slenderman

overview.png

About few weeks ago, friend of mine sent me link to Slender game. Except that I shit myself I got a idea to "convert" it into Arma 2

and taste a fear in scary Chernarus and here it is! Mission is using very simple commands and script (except Sa0k's Line of sight script)

However I would be happy if you would report me any bugs and problems you'll find, if any.

Description:

Find 8 sheets and try not to turn around. Slenderman is coming!

Version: 1.0

Made on OA version: 1.62

Addons requirements: no

Intro: no

Outro: no

Language: ENG

Instalation:

Copy PBO file to the 'Missions' folder.

Credits goes to:

Parsec Productions, creators of the original 'Slender: The Eight Pages'

Sa0k, for his 'Line of Sight' script

BI, for scary Chernarus

Good luck!

DOWNLOAD

Edited by resistance-rat

I really liked the design and the atmosphere,

but I have some suggestions that may make it better:

Scary suprise noise when Slenderman appears

You should put the game area into a more flat area, because it's kinda annyoing when it's steep.

You could make the head more scary like "vase attachto slenderman" that makes it look more like a long white head.

Very good job! I love it ;)

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

-Death sound will appear in next version probably, same as new shock therapies :D

-Putting vase instead of Slenderman's head would be rather funny than scary. (Vaseman)

-If you will check out Chernarus map, you will notice there are no flat areas in the northern forests :D

Edited by resistance-rat

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

-Death sound will appear in next version probably, same as new shock therapies

-Putting vase instead of Slenderman's head would be rather funny than scary. (Vaseman)

-If you will check out Chernarus map, you will notice there are no flat areas in the northern forests

Yes. I've played ArmA 2 since 2009, but there are places that aren't 30° degree.

Let me show you a flat place near Pustoshka and this is not the only flat place:

Map area

ephLP.jpg

In-Game photo of the area

7NXJv.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to mention a good scary place where I used to make scary missions:

Map area

JT9Rn.jpg

QBi2X.jpg

Sorry for putting so many pictures, I just want this to be so successful as possible :bounce3:

And here you can find some objects and retexture them to a slenderman head xD

A2 Small Objects

OA Small Objects

Edited by Max Power
bold font

Yes. I've played ArmA 2 since 2009, but there are places that aren't 30° degree.

Let me show you a flat place near Pustoshka and this is not the only flat place:

Map area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to mention a good scary place where I used to make scary missions:

Map area

Sorry for putting so many pictures, I just want this to be so successful as possible :bounce3:

And here you can find some objects and retexture them to a slenderman head xD

A2 Small Objects

OA Small Objects

Fin_Soldier

Please do not use all bold font for your messages. It is bad etiquette.

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided. Please refrain from non-standard fonts and/or font sizes as well please.

@Fin_Soldier

Places you have mentioned, have one problem, they are near the people's settlements and if player would get somewhere into village, it would kill creepy atmosphere.