Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS World an LockOn FC3 Released

DCS World an LockOn FC3 Released

"If you see the flash..it's already too late!
    Call911's ArmA Xtreme
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...868995/groups/
    TS3...Address:voip01.n1583.hypernia.net:10024

They really should start thinking of different title names...seeing LOMAC 2,3 and eventually 4 is likely to give people the wrong impression..

Master Gunnery Sergeant Hellfire257's Avatar
    Well, it is the right impression, but it is bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by NodUnit View Post
    They really should start thinking of different title names...seeing LOMAC 2,3 and eventually 4 is likely to give people the wrong impression..
    What wrong impression...they sell the same game a fourth time just with new bugs...and double the system requirements. I had a look into DCS world and the Su-25T...it's the samea s in FC2 with some HDR Filters, new bugs, unplayable MP and a grass clutter you barely notice.
    Last edited by Beagle; Nov 17 2012 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    . I had a look into DCS world and the Su-25T...it's the samea s in FC2 with some HDR Filters, new bugs, unplayable MP and a grass clutter you barely notice.
    And free...
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

Quote Originally Posted by maturin View Post
    And free...
    FC3 is not free nor BS2, A-10, or P-51 or whatever modukle will come, DCS:world is only somewhat of a demo payware without modules and you cant use it Online because MP is blocked without payware modules. And after I have sunk 200€ in the past into the same game again and again in begin to know what im talkign about. ED is even using free available FC2 mods in FC3 to make it look a bit fresher. The new cockpits, F-15 and A10 are all available as FC2 mods, the only realyl new feature of FC3 is a 3d 6dof F-15 cockpit...SFM is still the same as well as the sticky landing behaviour...oh well and Su-33 sink into the moving carrier deck now. FC3 looks more like a kitbash mod gone wrong. FC3 is a beta with a bucktload of new and old bugs in it by EDs own words, but still they charge full 39$ price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NodUnit View Post
    Flaming Cliff 3 will be the last sequel from that serie. After that it will be all about DCS

I never understood the visceral hate some members of both communities have towards the devs/game beloved by the other community (not talking about you NodUnit)

I know ED has done some questionable move in the past but when you look how small this studio is (roughly 30 devs ) it's quite astonishing to see the level of fidelity they offer.
    This probably the only studio who isn't taking any shortcut when it comes to realism. No concession whatsoever, this is a really brave standpoint in today's video game business.
    And for that I have huge respect for ED.

Specially since things are slowly but surely taking shape. The last 6 months have been really encouraging. The modular aspect is finally up and running, there are still some issues but just like any sims of this complexity it takes time.
    If you're not patient you shouldn't even look at ED and their products.

Several 3rd party devs have showed up too, announcing dozen of new hi-fi aircraft.

FC3 is there to fill a gap, because we probably won't see any 3rd party aircraft before at least 1 year (except the Mig-21 and the UH-1H) and people are dying to get their hands on fast movers.
    No one is forced to buy it in order to enjoy DCS:World in single or multiplayer.
    If you think it's crap, don't buy. As simple as that.

It's a turning point, the work ED has laid down over the past 5 years is finally becoming something concrete.

@Macadam Cow

What mande a lot of log term ED customers upset is the way the sell patches wraped up as new games.
    Just have a look at the FC1, BS nunsolved buglist and the way we were told mucg to often the problem is fixed and will be available in upcoming version...FC2 and BS2 were just payware patches, and FC3 is just a Patch for Compatibility with DCS:World...at full price. No changes were done to FC2 exept a few cosmeticals changes to F-15 cockpit. And if you're like me using an G940 you cant play DCS anyway since 1.22 has introduced a force feedback trimmign bug problem unsolved for 9 weeks now.
    Last edited by Beagle; Nov 18 2012 at 09:28.

Key Features of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 include:
    • A DCS World module that is compatible with DCS titles.
    • New 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) cockpit and model for the F-15C.
    • New F-15C campaign and single missions.
    • Improved cockpit art for Russian aircraft.
    • Improved landing dynamics.
    • Improved flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles.
    • Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems.
    • Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions.
    • Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia.
    • Countless other improvements in the areas of the mission editor, special effects, new models, improved terrain detail and AI.
    Just like I said I know they've had some questionable move in the past, was it because of bad "planning" or was it just to grab $ from their customers, nobody can't answer that.
    But ED is the last remnant of an extinct species, hell it's not even a species, it's the only one of it's kind. they're too precious to be let down.

DCS:BS was a one shot. They already had the idea of a modular world but they really didn't know if it would find its audience.
    It did, probably more than expected.
    The real first DCS module was the warthog. And as far as I know there're no plans to release a DCS:A-10C 2

Studios like Eagle Dynamics or Bohemia Interactive are too rare to be treated like EA, Ubi, Codemaster and the likes.

When I bought the Hog I realised how dedicated they were but it's only when I bought the P-51D that I realise how passionate they were about what their doing.
    I know it sounds insane but you litterally feel it when you play with the pony. It's like if the cockpit was sweating love and passion. I'm not crazy, you can ask the P-51 owners, a majority of them will agree with me.
    ED devs are completely nuts.
    Last edited by Macadam Cow; Nov 18 2012 at 09:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Macadam Cow View Post

Just like I said I know they've had some questionable move in the past, was it because of bad "planning" or was it just to grab $ from their customers, nobody can't answer that.
    But ED is the last remnant of an extinct species, hell it's not even a species, it's the only one of it's kind. they're too precious to be let down, just like BIS.
    Macadam Cow...are you aware that this feature lost ist not yet implemented...?

Improved missile flight dynamics are only for AIM-120 so far
    The improved Cockpits are from a FC2 mod thats free available
    The new landing dynamics are not implemented
    HUDs are often unreadable now
    the expanded theater is from BS2, A-10 and DCS:world and its just flat featureless terrain with Beslan and Mozdok on it
    the improved special efect lead to CTD and slowdowns for a lot of users.

But all in all a nice feature list...but pure fantasy so far.

If youre for a good laught try carrier landings and refueling...or simply
    try to maintain a radar lock...all broken features.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast