Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Runway Denial Bombs BLU-107 and BetAB-500

This addon adds concrete penetrator runway denial bombs BetAB-500U and BLU-107/B.

Aircraft equipped with anti-runway bombs for default BIS factions are added in the editor.

The penetrator bombs spawn an area of craters upon impact that impedes vehicle movement and is recognized by AI.

Use over runways to impede enemy airfield activity! Built with multiplayer use in mind - these can keep the other team from using their runways/tarmacs until the craters are removed.

Can also be used on bridges, main roads, etc to impede vehicle activity. Tanks and some APCs can still navigate over the craters.

Also adds vehicle resupply ammoboxes. "Boxes" are built to resemble resupply depots and look more suitable for aircraft resupply situations.

The cratered area is scripted via the Ammo class.

Figured out the rockets! Bombs now rocket correctly. New penetrator rocket motor effects, explosion effects, and new crater 3D model. Rocket motor scripts fire when bombs fall to 150m above terrain. Different rocket behavior for the different bombs. Bombs released under 150m will still cause runway damage.

Download link:

Look for pook_runway_v1.1.zip here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265!cid=5B54FC51A7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%212541

To simulate clean-up of craters, a clean-up script that deletes all crater objects (see readme for classnames) within a specific radius could be triggered every XX hours of game time to simulate runway cleanup crew activity. Or that bulldozer mod :)

==============

CHANGELOG:

==============

v1.1: 4/4/2013

FIX - Dependency Fix (for the intermitent SU34 pop-up error)

FIX - AV8 (BLU) magazine config

NEW - New crater 3D model and explosion sound

NEW - Scripted behavior based on real-life video footage (scripts called via Fired EH on vehicle)

NEW - Sample missions to observe rocket behavior

NEW - New ammo crates found under Empty > Ammo

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

New crater "object":

pook_runway_crater

New weapons / magazines:

pook_BLU107_BombLauncher

- pook_2Rnd_BLU107

- pook_4Rnd_BLU107

pook_BLU107_BombLauncher_6

- pook_2Rnd_BLU107

- pook_4Rnd_BLU107

- pook_6Rnd_BLU107

pook_BetAB_BombLauncher

- pook_4Rnd_BetAB500

- pook_2Rnd_BetAB500

pook_BetAB_BombLauncher_6

- pook_6Rnd_BetAB500

- pook_4Rnd_BetAB500

- pook_2Rnd_BetAB500

New aircraft variants:

A-10 (BLU): pook_runway_A10, pook_runway_A10_US_EP1

AV8B (BLU): pook_runway_AV8B2

AV8B (BLU-H) >> dedicated BLU-107 loadout: pook_runway_AV8B

Su-39 (BetAB): pook_runway_Su39 // RU - East

Su-25 (BetAB): pook_runway_Su25_CDF // CDF - West

Su-25 (BetAB): pook_runway_Su25_CDF_IND // CDF - Independent

Su-25 (BetAB): pook_runway_Su25_Ins // INS - East

Su-25 (BetAB): pook_runway_Su25_TK_EP1 // TAK - East

Su-34 (BetAB): pook_runway_Su34 // RU - East

Betab500.jpg

durandal.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Cool, if only we had terrain damage in arma, i guess the mounds/craters are enough to piss off any would be pilots though :D

Looks cool. Will test this out. Now we need to set it up so the runways can be repaired(but with lots of time).

Thanks! I am trying to determine the best way to make them "repairable". They are Vehicle class objects and have an armor value. It may be as simple as changing their destruction type from "none" to "building". However if you do that, you could simply bomb them to "destroy" the vehicles which just isn't right :)

I might be able to add a script to the crater vehicle's INIT to add an action to remove them. I haven't tried that with a "NonStrategic" vehicle class. If that clas works like any other vehicle class, that could be the solution. Add an INIT-scripted user action that requires player intervention to do the work. THAT would be cool. The script could be simple - just find the "nearestobject" and remove it. But what would be a good amount of time to simulate the repair vs. time for gameplay? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

Thanks! I am trying to determine the best way to make them "repairable". They are Vehicle class objects and have an armor value. It may be as simple as changing their destruction type from "none" to "building". However if you do that, you could simply bomb them to "destroy" the vehicles which just isn't right :)

I might be able to add a script to the crater vehicle's INIT to add an action to remove them. I haven't tried that with a "NonStrategic" vehicle class. If that clas works like any other vehicle class, that could be the solution. Add an INIT-scripted user action that requires player intervention to do the work. THAT would be cool. The script could be simple - just find the "nearestobject" and remove it. But what would be a good amount of time to simulate the repair vs. time for gameplay? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

It would be good if we had an armoured bulldozer or such vehicle which could do the repairs :)

It would be good if we had an armoured bulldozer or such vehicle which could do the repairs :)

You mean like THIS?????

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?95481-Caterpillar-D7-Series

Foxhound thanks for the mirror!

ETA - just realized I didn't finish the readme template I copy/paste all the time... so the readme and the readme in the addon have both been updated... I had a "duh" moment!

Edited by hcpookie

Is it possible to make these bombs compatible with the ACE EASA Module?

I'd assume ACE would have to do some work, rather than yourself (Pookie) but worth a shot.

Updated! Figured out the rocket motors. Adjusted their behavior based on video footage from Youtube and elsewhere. Really happy to have nailed these down! :) Details and update in the first post.

Also changed the inheritance for the "BLU" and "BetAB" vehicles that should eliminate the occasional pop-up errors at mission start.

DarkXess I'd be glad to have them added into whatever missile packs people are using! :)

Is it possible to make these bombs compatible with the ACE EASA Module?

I'd assume ACE would have to do some work, rather than yourself (Pookie) but worth a shot.

We have our own BLU-107 Durandal and crater system.