Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ Remington Weapon Pack

I'm happy to finally announce the first (pre-) release of the FHQ Remington Weapon Pack. Right now, the pack contains three Remington sniper rifles: The RSASS, MSR and the XM2010. In total there are 14 different rifles in the pack, including silenced and non-silenced versions, TWS and NV scopes. Update: Now contains 96 variants of the ACR.

Peview images:

nUUr8s.jpgmbCTMs.jpgsi9Nxs.jpgYFbEfs.jpgqvWT8s.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone that gave me feedback over the last few months. You all have been a big help in getting to this point.

Update:

New version 1.2 is out now. Most notable new feature is the new TWS variant, as well as new sounds for the sniper variants, toned down muzzle flashes, models for magaines on the ground, and a bonus single/multiplayer mission by Varanon using the new rifles.

Changelog:

• New ACR Variant: ACR with a TWS-3050 Thermal Weapon Sight with all options (Grenade Launcher, Silencer).
  • New Inventory icons for the magazines
  • Replaced green bags for magazines on the ground with real models.
  • New sounds for the MSR, XM2010 and RSASS.
  • Muzzle flashes toned down to a more realistic measure. Now uses the same muzzle flash as the BIS SCAR’s.
  • Bonus Mission: Pinnacle 01: Just Another Boring Day by Varanon. Playable both as single and multiplayer. The mission requires this addon.
  • Zeroing changes: The HWS and CCO silenced variants of the ACR now have their zeroing reduced to 100. This should give a lower trajectory and make hitting targets easier with subsonic ammunition. The iron sight version has adjustable zero, and all other versions have inherent predetermined zeroing due to their scope type.

Downloads:

Arma2Base.de mirror

Armaholic Mirror

FriedenHQ web site

ACE config:

ACE configs by Robalo

Older versions:

Older version 1.1. Now includes the Remington ACR in 96 versions!

Downloads:

Arma2Base.de mirror

Armaholic Mirror

FriedenHQ web site

Downloads for the old 1.0 release:

Armaholic

FriedenHQ web site

Feedback/constructive criticism/other input is always welcome!

Have fun!

Edited by Alwarren
Added mirror sites

@SuicideCommando

You're welcome :)

@JollyResQ

They should work with ACE like any other weapon mod. I'll look into a real ACE compatible configs, but I don't have a clue what is required for that so I didn't even try it for the first release.

Thanks all :)

@Sup3r6F0ur

ACR's are still in the make, as well as the RGP and maybe one of the shotguns. I am remaking the ACR since there has been a model upgrade for 2012, and the old one (although I did like the result) had shading issues on the brass deflector and the lower receiver. Also, I have modified Leoptarn's exporter plugin to make use of sharp edges, that dramatically reduced the number of polygons/vertices. For the XM2010 TWS SD for example, it reduces the number of verts from 14000 to 7000, which is quite a bit.

Thanks Foxhound. I edited the first post with the link :)

Great job on these. I am seriously looking forward to Arma 3 though, that will put an end to the hundreds of models addon makers have to produce to make differently equipped variants of one and the same rifle.

Will you also do bolt animations on the appropriate rifles? I know it looks kind of weird without the hands doing anything, but I like those on these rifles because it gives me a visual cue for how long until the rifle is ready to fire again.

Again, great job, I´ve been looking forward to these a while, can´t wait to see more!

I didn't plan to add bolt animations really, I always felt it looks awkward without the hand actually moving the bolt. You do have a point on the visuals, usually, though the ammo counter/Weapon UI should turn yellow while reloading.

I am looking forward to ARMA III as well. For these rifles, it was "only" 14 different models. For the ACR, it will be over 100.

Looks really fantastic, can't wait to give these pups a whirl and split a couple virtual wigs.

EDIT: having trouble downloading them from armaholic at the moment, both mirrors are down. Updating a new version perhaps? I'll try again later.

Edited by h34dup

Amazing, I been wanting a SD night time sniper for a long time glad to see these lovely guns. GREAT JOB!!!

Excellent! been waiting for this :D

great job on getting it released.

Edit: Pretty good, loving the RSASS, but the sounds on the MSR/M2010 just aren't doing it justice with the M110 sounds and some trigger/bolt animtions might help with immersion, that and some ace configs :)

Edited by Scarecrow398

nice work. itd be nice to see it have some offset rail ironsights/reflex or something to convert to for close encounters, but im sure that it incredibly difficult

Edited by SINcere

Thank you for an early release Alwarren.

Ill look into them later this evening and tell ya my thoughts. What i have seen from the pictures: great work. Bolt-Animation really is a like/dislike thing for individuals, for me no animation is fine.

Regarding sounds: I had a look around but I really don't know where to find those. I once found a website that supposedly had free sound files only to find out that the gun sounds were all ripped right from Modern Warfare 3.I didn't really want to get into trouble with legal crap, so I decided to go for game in-game sounds, and I like the M110's sound.

Regarding close quarter sights: I intentionally only did that on the RSASS. The RSASS is a marksman rifle and therefore supposed to be used "on the move". MSR and XM2010 are pure-bred sniper rifles, and I don't think you would ever use them for close quarter; besides I think that a sniper should have a spotter along for exactly that purpose.

Other camos: I'll add them as I go/have time to work on them. I want at least woodland and snow; I might drop the "plain" one.

NV for the RSASS: The Leupold/Clip-on combo didn't fit on the RSASS' rail, so I decided to go for a separate night vision scope for the RSASS, but I'll do that later, for now, the RSASS takes the marksman role and has the backup sight.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Thank you for an early release Alwarren.

Ill look into them later this evening and tell ya my thoughts. What i have seen from the pictures: great work. Bolt-Animation really is a like/dislike thing for individuals, for me no animation is fine.

Great, I am looking forward to your input :)

very nice work Alwarren. happy to hear that your ACR/RGP is still in the works...though i didnt realize that you pretty much have to recreate the weapon for each and every different optic/accessory. what a royal pain in the ass that must be!

You don't need to fully recreate it, but you will have to build a model for each variant out of parts, and that can be pretty time consuming as well.

Okay so here is my review:

Currently your sadly missing a functional ACE-Config (maybee someone can help out with that)

The Bipod looks a bit short, especially on the XM2010 where the Magazine reaches down more then the Bipod. Bumpmaps need a bit more love, looks like they are baked from a slightly higher res Model but for me it just appears "not so clean"

Okay so here is my review:

Currently your sadly missing a functional ACE-Config (maybee someone can help out with that)

I already got an offer for that.

The Bipod looks a bit short, especially on the XM2010 where the Magazine reaches down more then the Bipod.

Yeah, but in general, the bipods serve no purpose anyway. They never touch the ground when you shoot, or the clip through it, so I went for looks basically, and I didn't want too big a bipod on it. In fact, I thought about keeping them folded like on the RSASS.

[qutoe]Bumpmaps need a bit more love, looks like they are baked from a slightly higher res Model but for me it just appears "not so clean"

The highres model had a subsurf-2 modifier on it, so the resolution was pretty high. But somehow I have always had trouble finding a good setting for Blender's bake function, it tends to get jaggies all over the place and I don't really have an idea how to get rid of them, except for modifying the bump maps manually, which is a pain in the backside...

I am currently working with the new nDo 2 - its a helping too for Photoshop to create awesomely looking bumpmaps.

If you could hand me a UV unwarp to work on i can take a look at it.

nDo 2 iss from quixel and also offers a trail periode afaik.

About the Bipods: I know AAW and UKF also used a script to animate the lowering and raising of the Bipod by button-press (H). That would add some additional cool to the awesome ^^

Edited by fluttershy