Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ Remington Weapon Pack

I'm actually thinking about Heckler and Koch right now, after the M4's. I was looking into the HK 121 as well, but it is damn hard to find good reference pictures.

It was featured at this year's SHOT show in the US so there should be some material showing up a little more now, a few months ago no one seemed to have a photo of it at all but now there seems to be a fair bew images of it in both black and Coyote around, and some videos going on about how good it is compared to the MG3

I really love this pack but one thing I've noticed at night is that the silenced weapons have the same bright muzzle flash as the non-silenced versions allowing the enemy to spot you very quickly making the silenced weapons less effective. Other than that it it's a great pack there!

Thanks for the heads-up. It affects only the M320 SD variants of the ACR and the RSASS, I'll fix it in the next release.

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

It was featured at this year's SHOT show in the US so there should be some material showing up a little more now, a few months ago no one seemed to have a photo of it at all but now there seems to be a fair bew images of it in both black and Coyote around, and some videos going on about how good it is compared to the MG3

Yeah found another video too, but most of the stuff is either blurry or low resolution. I'll keep on looking, right now I have my hands full of M4's still :)

Any word on getting these addons on SIX or possible ACE configs...? The group I am with is very interested in incorporating them, but we use ACE.

Any word on getting these addons on SIX or possible ACE configs...? The group I am with is very interested in incorporating them, but we use ACE.

ACE configs are already release, see Robalo's post earlier.

About Six updater, I emailed Sickboy about it but haven't had a reply yet.

ACE configs are already release, see Robalo's post earlier.

Can you add it in the first post? I think it can resolve future questions like this.

Can you add it in the first post? I think it can resolve future questions like this.

Done. Good idea :)

I just got a problem. I can't see the reticle except the RSASS and ACR.

btw,nice job for the weapon pack!

I just got a problem. I can't see the reticle except the RSASS and ACR.

btw,nice job for the weapon pack!

Thanks.

I am not quite sure I understand your problem. Do you mean you don't get a scope view on the sniper rifles? Note that the XM2010 and MSR do not have a backup sight, only the scope, while the ACR and RSASS have backup sights.

let me show you with the picture

i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/day-0-/arma2OA2013-03-1823-11-12-39_zps819d0bab.png

hmm...it seem everything is ok...

i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/day-0-/arma2OA2013-03-1823-11-09-30_zpsba81fb20.png

oops....where is my reticle? i gotta fix it before the mission launch....

sorry i gotta cut the http cause the forum rule won't allow me post any link in next 24 hrs

nubfury, I would suggest to actually try without the scope mod first. It might not be a problem of Alwarren's addon at all

let me show you with the picture

As Varanon said, try it without any other mods. I have never heard of this problem, and both the MSR and the XM2010 use a standard BIS scope as a view model. I propose to test without any other mods and then start adding.

What version of Arrowhead are you using?

As Varanon said, try it without any other mods. I have never heard of this problem, and both the MSR and the XM2010 use a standard BIS scope as a view model. I propose to test without any other mods and then start adding.

arma 2 CO 1.62

problem solved for one...it seem using BAF scope and i don't know why,and my BAF file corrupted,just reinstall it,done

still,i got a new problem...XM2010 Woodland camo just mess up like this

i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/day-0-/arma2OA2013-03-1916-34-11-82_zps8296fa86.png

i won't be able to scope in

sorry for my noob english now.

still,i got a new problem...XM2010 Woodland camo just mess up like this

i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/day-0-/arma2OA2013-03-1916-34-11-82_zps8296fa86.png

ARGH!

That shouldn't even be in there. I was experimenting with different types of camos for the XM2010, and that was one of the tests. Please disregard it, this weapon isn't complete, I don't even think it has lods or anything. It wasn't supposed to be in there, I simply forgot to remove it.

Sorry about that :(

Alwarren, with ArmA 3's alpha out and about, will you still be working on ArmA 2 addons (Like this one and your HK pack?) or are you just going to patch this one up and move to ArmA 3?

Alwarren, with ArmA 3's alpha out and about, will you still be working on ArmA 2 addons (Like this one and your HK pack?) or are you just going to patch this one up and move to ArmA 3?

To be honest, I don't know yet. Surely Arma 3 does make modding much easier, so it is tempting to do things for Arma 3 now instead of Arma 2, especially when you start something new, from scratch.

To put things into perspective, for the Arma 2 version of this pack, I had to prepare 112 different models for the ACR alone. For Arma 3, it's two (with and without grenade launcher). Most of these 112 models are, of course, copies of each other with just textures replaced, in fact I only made the Woodland versions and generated the rest using a Python script, but still, it's 28 models I had to make, and that is a lot of work, mostly because of the mechanical nature of it.

With Arma 3 and its excellent attachment system, I can concentrate wholly on other things, things that are much more creative. I wouldn't have considered doing two grenade launchers for an M4 pack for Arma 2, since that would have added another 14 models to the fray. With Arma 3, I can add the M203 without much of a hassle.

So, bottom line, I can't really say. As everybody else, I suppose, I am attracted to the new and shiny, and Arma 3 is damn new and very shiny :) I'll certainly keep updating the Remingtons, but it might well be that it was my first and last addon for Arma 2 and that I will concentrate on Arma 3 in the future; as a matter of fact, this is very likely the case.

Thanks for the fast reply, I support whatever you choose to do and won't think anything if you choose ArmA 3 over ArmA 2. Thanks for the awsome weapons pack.

Thanks for the fast reply, I support whatever you choose to do and won't think anything if you choose ArmA 3 over ArmA 2. Thanks for the awsome weapons pack.

You're welcome :)

Does anyone know what the default zero-ed range is for the sniper rifles (SD and standard) ? I see from the v1.2 update notes that the CCO and HWS SD are set to 100m, but it doesn't mention the sniper variants ?

Also, what is their default damage rating in Arma 2 ? Around 4500 - 5000 ? Or are they higher rated ?

Finally, what is the latest version ? On Armaholic it seems to be v1.2, but on http://friedenhq.org/?page_id=55 it lists v1.2 as an "old version".

Does anyone know what the default zero-ed range is for the sniper rifles (SD and standard) ? I see from the v1.2 update notes that the CCO and HWS SD are set to 100m, but it doesn't mention the sniper variants ?

Also, what is their default damage rating in Arma 2 ? Around 4500 - 5000 ? Or are they higher rated ?

I seem to remember that the rifles all had their zeroing displayed on the HUD, it was just fixed for most. In the case of the sniper rifles, the scope should have manual zeroing.

Finally, what is the latest version ? On Armaholic it seems to be v1.2, but on http://friedenhq.org/?page_id=55 it lists v1.2 as an "old version".

1.2 is the current one. The page lists it wrong, but the "old" download is actually 1.1 not 1.2

Hi, I am using the ACR HAMR SD Woodland on a Dayz server (if that makes a difference ?). In Dayz, the aforementioned rifle doesn't have the option to adjust the zeroing with PgUp and PgDn.

There are range numbers on the scope of 2 - 4 - 6 - 8, I tried the '8' out and could barely scrape 300m, so i'm not sure of the scale of the on-scope ranges ?

What is the blood damage of the rifle too ?

Hi, I am using the ACR HAMR SD Woodland on a Dayz server (if that makes a difference ?). In Dayz, the aforementioned rifle doesn't have the option to adjust the zeroing with PgUp and PgDn.

There are range numbers on the scope of 2 - 4 - 6 - 8, I tried the '8' out and could barely scrape 300m, so i'm not sure of the scale of the on-scope ranges ?

What is the blood damage of the rifle too ?

I don't know if that specific DayZ mod changed the config, but

- the HAMR scope doesn't have zeroing, so not being able to use it is correct

- the drop markers are calibrated for a hypersonic 6.8 mm bullet.

The ammo (at least in the original mod) is subsonic. It has a higher trajectory and less range, making the drop markers imprecise. I'm afraid you'll have to test it out manually to see how the drop compensation works on the SD variant.

I was wondering if you would be interested in porting you mod over to Arma 3? Or possibly allowing someone else to do it? Thanks.

I was wondering if you would be interested in porting you mod over to Arma 3? Or possibly allowing someone else to do it? Thanks.

A port is actually underway:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187354722

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284708168

Unfortunately, the hold-up right now is lack of time due to my CUP work (I should have a bit of room for that soonish) and that I suck at making animations.

It will come out, eventually.