It's been a while since I started on this, and I actually planned on releasing this quite a while ago already. It isn't fully finished, but due to certain.. circumstances, it is probably better to release it myself a bit early. That said though, I believe it's more as playable right now, as I've used it in over a dozen of COOP missions with over 50 players without any problems. It's my first ever mod/AddOn, so things are probably not perfect. Like I say a bit futher down in the descriptions, the main purpose of this release will be to get some feedback on the current state of things so I can improve upon it.
Dev-heaven project page: Click here!
Advanced Interaction Modules
Version 0.8 BETA
Advanced Interaction Mod is a script package that is designed to add an extra level of interaction with the game world around you in your mission, specificly interaction with civilians. It allows you to Talk, Arrest and Search Civilians as well as search cars or buildings. The main reason I made this is because I wanted to learn sqf scripting and wanted to add something new to some missions I made for my community.
I release this with the hope to get some productive feedback on everything. The AddOn is far from completed and things will most likely chance a lot. I've only just started to learn some more about programming and scripting on a decent level, so things will be improved upon. So for the time being, I hope to get some feedback on current performance, how the gameplay with it and what can be improved. Also feel free to give me any ideas for additional features to add. And again, right now it's all very simple and unfinished.
Video of an earlier version which gives an impression of what this mod is about:Other videos:
Notes for version 0.8:
- The left windows key has been changed and instead you now have to assign a key yourself in your controls (useraction 19). Details are available in the documentation.
- AIM is required on both the client and server.
- It should be ACE compatible, however it has not been tested without ACE!
Improve search functionality (buildings and persons)
Overhaul all dialogs in AIM
Improve effects for FRM
- Script & Code: Glowbal & Gobbo
- Graphics: Deadman
- Ideas & Contribution: 16AA Milsim Community, www.16AA.net
- All on the BIS forums who helped me with certain issues
- 16AA members, for assisting with testing and contributing
- Das Attorney for letting me use his 'checking if in building script'
- Bohemia Interactive for making such an awesome game
- Highhead & the MSO Channel
- K. Singleton & J. Gordon from Detachment 7
Included with the download comes a pfd file. In here it explains in a bit more details the basics of the AddOn, how to use it and certain keys. I recommend reading it if you plan to use this in a mission, as it also details a bit on certain features you can use to do specific things.
Included pbo's are: gbl_advanced_interaction.pbo, gbl_functions.pbo, gbl_items.pbo, gbl_ammobox.
v2 Key provided.
Download Advanced Interaction
Download on ArmaHolic
- gbl_items.pbo (included), gbl_functions.pbo (included), CBA, A2:OA
- The insurgent parts of the scripts are hidden in this version. They are present, but sadly I couldn't get it to function properly through a module. It is however possible to activate them through a different way, which works perfectly fine. If there is interest for this, please let me know and I will see if I can come up with a pdf explaining how to do so. It's really very simple.
In addition to the main AddOn, I also release my items AddOn, which is a dependancy for AIM:
GBL Items v1.1
GBL Items is an AddOn which adds additional items. It's aim is simply to provide additional items that can contribute to specific situations by having an immersive value, for example finding a phone on a suspected triggerman.
The items are also used in my other AddOns. Any functionality for the items added in here is found in the AddOns and not in here. This is a standalone mod which does nothing but giving you additional items.v1.1 Chance log:
- Added MRE's (including models)
v1 Change log:
- First release
- Some graphics by Deadman
- Models by Donny
Included .pbo's are gbl_items.pbo and gbl_ammobox.pbo.
v2 Key provided.
Download gbl items
Download from Armaholic
For both addons counts, any issues or questions feel free to report either here by making post or by sending myself a PM on the Bohemia Forums. Though making a post has a greater chance of getting a reply, seeing as that way gobbo can also reply.