Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

U.S. Military Tractor-Trailer Addons (WIP)

Hello community,

I was able to get a hold of an older version of the Tractor-Trailers, since my working version was lost in a computer crash some time ago!

It needs tons of work before its even close to release point. But I do have it In-game and sort of working. I will list as many of the Problems/Bugs as I can think of, or atleast the main ones needing addressed at that point in time!

At the bottom of this Post are some Screenshots of what I have done so far.

Progress:

I> About 70% of the model needs to be UV-Mapped and Retextured (since for most of it I used other parts of the ArmA1 5Ton Model, and edited it to be what I needed it to be.)

I> About 95% of it needs to be Scripted and Animated (I already have most of the scripts to make it drive and act as a Tractor-Trailer should thanks to Deanosbean, however there are problems with the scripts and some things are not Finished/Working correctly.)

I> About 35% of the 5 or so versions are done, including: Tractor-Trailer (Flatbed), Tractor-Trailer (Boxbed aka Van), Tractor-Trailer (Lowboy), Tractor-Trailer (Tanker), Tractor (by its self), And Trailers of each by them selves as well.

I> Both Military and Civilian Versions

Known Issues/Bugs:

I> Some of the shadows on the Trailer need to be fixed as it casts weird shadows that go down into the ground and to a point?

I> When using the Script Deanosbeano made for the back wheels, the piece that is "Bolted" onto the underneath of the Trailer to hold the wheels on, dips way out of place when turning the engine on and driving?

I> Many things need to be Modeled to make its acurate and realistic.

I> Many more things need to be UV-Mapped and Textured(Altho I can make the Textures with no problem it I can get things UV-Mapped.)

WIP Pictures:

http://s829.beta.photobucket.com/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true#/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/buldozer2012-10-2314-59-28-38_zpsb3bd3289.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true&_suid=135102109834706637849632727722

http://s829.beta.photobucket.com/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true#/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/buldozer2012-10-2314-59-44-41_zps9f12f3a2.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true&_suid=135102109834706637849632727722

http://s829.beta.photobucket.com/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true#/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/buldozer2012-10-2315-00-34-87_zps2c6a42f7.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true&_suid=135102109834706637849632727722

http://s829.beta.photobucket.com/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1351020995962005012527091038976

http://s829.beta.photobucket.com/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true#/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-56-36-90_zps6cffa026.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true&_suid=135102109834706637849632727722

http://s829.beta.photobucket.com/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-54-14-71_zps0193457c.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true#/user/Soldier2390/media/DK_M931_Trucks/arma2oa2012-10-2314-55-05-90_zps7139d56e.png.html?sort=3&postlogin=true&_suid=135102109834706637849632727722

P.S. I suck very badly at making addons but I am trying tho!

Dave,

Looks promising, I can imagine the missions I can make with these :)

Keep it up, good work so far.

That looks very impressive, articulation of vehicles and getting them to tow/pull correctly within the game is quite difficult, I would have thought.

Great work so far..

Hey welcome to modding, you'll be addicted before you know it. Hmm...this shadow error, does it also stretch across the ground? It may be an error in the shadow LOD itself, perhaps there is an open face or a non triangulated, or non sharpened face.

Hey welcome to modding, you'll be addicted before you know it. Hmm...this shadow error, does it also stretch across the ground? It may be an error in the shadow LOD itself, perhaps there is an open face or a non triangulated, or non sharpened face.

Yeah its def one of them problems, I can't figure out how to make things triangulated in the shadow lod...gnat didn't cover that in his tuturial lmao!

Also I need someone who can uv map....iv been trying for a week now to no avail, I can texture things but I can't do the uv editor thing? And I have a few things that need to be re-uv mapped and a 5th wheel that needs to be completly uv mapped!

Dave,

I am having another problem, I am trying to make it so I have all my models show up ingame, but when adding more vehicles to the "Vehicle Classes" It dont work and I get an error in my dk_m931_trucks.log when using BinPBO saying "File p:\dk_m931_trucks\config.cpp, line 258: .dk_m931_tractor_flatbed: Undefined base class 'dk_m931_tractor_boxbed'"?

Heres my Config:

class CfgPatches
{
class dk_m931_trucks
{
	Units[]= {"dk_m931_tractor_flatbed","dk_m931_tractor_flatbed","dk_m931_boxbed","dk_m931_tractor"};
	weapons[]= {};
	requiredVersion = 1.000000;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAData", "CACharacters", "CAWeapons", "CASounds", "CA_Anims_Char"};
};
};

class CfgVehicleClasses{
class dk_truck{
	displayName = "U.S. Military Trackor Trailiers";
};
};

class CfgVehicles{

/*extern*/ class MTVR_Base;

class dk_m931_tractor_flatbed: MTVR_Base{
	scope = 2;
	vehicleClass = "dk_truck";
	displayName="M931 Trackor Trailer (Flatbed-Trailer)";
	model="\dk_m931_trucks\dk_m931_tractor_flatbed";
	Side=Twest;
	Crew="US_Soldier_EP1";
	maxspeed =60;
	turnCoef=12;
	damperSize = .3;
	selectionBrakeLights = "brzdove svetlo";
     		damperForce = 1.5;
     		damperDamping = 1;
	typicalCargo[] = {
      		"US_Soldier_EP1",
       	"US_Soldier_EP1",
};

class eventhandlers{Init = "_this exec ""\dk_m931_trucks\scripts\turn.sqs"";_this exec ""\dk_m931_trucks\scripts\reverse.sqs"";_this exec ""\dk_m931_trucks\scripts\tilt.sqs"";";};
class HitPoints{
       class HitEngine{
         	armor = 0.4;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "motor";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.2;
};

class HitRGlass{
         	convexComponent = "sklo predni P";
        	visual = "";
         	armor = 0.3;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "sklo predni P";
         	passThrough = 0;
};

class HitLGlass{
         	convexComponent = "sklo predni L";
         	visual = "";
         	armor = 0.3;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "sklo predni L";
         	passThrough = 0;
};

class HitBody{
         	armor = 1;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "karoserie";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 1;
};

class HitFuel{
         	convexComponent = "trailer";
         	armor = 0.05;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "palivo";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0;
       };

class HitLFWheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_1_1_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitRFWheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_2_1_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitLF2Wheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_1_4_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitRF2Wheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_2_4_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitLMWheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_1_3_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitRMWheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_2_3_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitLBWheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_1_2_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitRBWheel{
         	armor = 0.15;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "wheel_2_2_steering";
         	visual = "";
         	passThrough = 0.3;
       };

class HitGlass1{
         	armor = 0.1;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "glass1";
         	visual = "glass1";
         	passThrough = 0;
       };

class HitGlass2{
         	armor = 0.1;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "glass2";
         	visual = "glass2";
         	passThrough = 0;
       };

class HitGlass3{
         	armor = 0.1;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "glass3";
         	visual = "glass3";
         	passThrough = 0;
       };

class HitGlass4{
         	armor = 0.1;
         	material = -1;
         	name = "glass4";
         	visual = "glass4";
         	passThrough = 0;
       	};
};

selectionFireAnim = "zasleh";
alphaTracks = 0.2;
memoryPointTrackFLL = "Stopa PLL";
memoryPointTrackFLR = "Stopa PLP";
memoryPointTrackBLL = "Stopa ZLL";
memoryPointTrackBLR = "Stopa ZLP";
memoryPointTrackFRL = "Stopa PPL";
memoryPointTrackFRR = "Stopa PPP";
memoryPointTrackBRL = "Stopa ZPL";
memoryPointTrackBRR = "Stopa ZPP";

class AnimationSources{
class trailer{
  	source = "user";
  	animPeriod=1.5;
  	initPhase = 0;
};

class wheel_1_1rot{
  	source = "user";
  	animPeriod=1.5;
  	initPhase = 0;
};

class wheel_2_1rot{
 	source = "user";
 	animPeriod=1.5;
 	initPhase = 0;
};

class wheel_1_2rot{
	source = "user";
	animPeriod=1.5;
	initPhase = 0;
};

class wheel_2_2rot{
	source = "user";
	animPeriod=1.5;
	initPhase = 0;
};

class detachhide{
	source = "user";
	animPeriod=.001;
	initPhase = 0;
};

class trailerrot{
	source = "user";
	animPeriod=.01;
	initPhase = 0;
};

class trailerrotz{
	source = "user";
	animPeriod=.01;
	initPhase = 0;
};

class exhaustflap{
	source = "user";
	animPeriod= .7;
	initPhase = 0;
	};
   };
    };	
};

class CfgSounds{
class dkreverse{
     		sound[] = {"\dk_m931_trucks\sound\dkreverse.wss",2,.5};
     		titles[] = {
     		};
};
};

class dk_m931_tractor_boxbed: dk_m931_tractor_flatbed{
	scope = 2;
	vehicleClass = "dk_truck";
	displayName="M931 Trackor Trailer (Boxbed-Trailer)";
	model="\dk_m931_trucks\dk_m931_tractor_boxbed";
	Side=Twest;
	Crew="US_Soldier_EP1";
	maxspeed =60;
	turnCoef=12;
	damperSize = .3;
	selectionBrakeLights = "brzdove svetlo";
     		damperForce = 1.5;
     		damperDamping = 1;
	typicalCargo[] = {
      		"US_Soldier_EP1",
       	"US_Soldier_EP1",
	};
};

Heres my .log file created when using BinPBO:

File p:\dk_m931_trucks\config.cpp, line 258: .dk_m931_tractor_flatbed: Undefined base class 'dk_m931_tractor_boxbed'
Config : some input after EndOfFile.
Error reading binary file 'p:\dk_m931_trucks\config.cpp'
Cannot register unknown string STR_STATE_HEALSOLDIER
Cannot register unknown string STR_STATE_FIRST_AID
Cannot register unknown string STR_UI_RADARRANGE
Cannot register unknown string STR_ACTION_LAUNCHCM
Cannot register unknown string STR_ACTION_NEXTCM
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ACTION_CONTEXT
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_OPTICS_MODE
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ZEROING_UP
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ZEROING_DOWN
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_NETWORK_DS_INTERFACE
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_BULD_TERRAIN_RAISE_10CM
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_BULD_TERRAIN_LOWER_10CM
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_BULD_TERRAIN_RAISE_50CM
Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_BULD_TERRAIN_LOWER_50CM
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_0
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_1
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_2
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_3
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_4
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_5
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_6
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_7
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_8
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_9
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_10
Cannot register unknown string STR_INPUT_DEVICE_FREETRACK_11
Cannot register unknown string STR_DISP_LEFT
Cannot register unknown string STR_DIFF_CAMERA_SHAKE
Cannot register unknown string STR_FREETRACK
Cannot register unknown string STR_ADDON_ACTIONS_INSTALL_CORE
Cannot register unknown string STR_ADDON_ACTIONS_INSTALL_MOD
Cannot register unknown string STR_ADDON_ACTIONS_PLAY_MISSION
Cannot register unknown string STR_ADDON_ACTIONS_TRY_ENTITY
Cannot register unknown string STR_ADDON_ACTIONS_TRY_WEAPON
Cannot register unknown string STR_MSG_ADDON_NOT_FOUND
Cannot register unknown string STR_MSG_ADDON_CANNOT_OPEN
Cannot register unknown string STR_MSG_ADDON_UNKNOWN_PRODUCT
Cannot register unknown string STR_INCOMPATIBLE_LOAD_GAME_ATTEMPT
Warning: CfgVehicles missing in PreloadConfig - may slow down vehicle creation
Warning: CfgAmmo missing in PreloadConfig - may slow down vehicle creation
Warning: CfgNonAIVehicles missing in PreloadConfig - may slow down vehicle creation
File p:\dk_m931_trucks\Config.cpp, line 258: .dk_m931_tractor_flatbed: Undefined base class 'dk_m931_tractor_boxbed'
Error 3 while parsing
Error in config p:\dk_m931_trucks\Config.cpp
File p:\dk_m931_trucks\Config.cpp, line 258: .dk_m931_tractor_flatbed: Undefined base class 'dk_m931_tractor_boxbed'
Error 3 while parsing
Error in config p:\dk_m931_trucks\Config.cpp
Creating texture headers file...
22 texture headers saved to file "C:\Users\DAVEKI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ARMAaddons\dk_m931_trucks\texHeaders.bin"
w:\C_branch\Poseidon\Arrowhead\El\FileServer\fileServer.cpp(2513) : Assertion failed 'req->RefCounter()==1'

Plus I still need help with trying to Triangulate the model in the Shadow LOD???

Dave,

To triangulate things in the shadow lod, select all faces and press \ then press U to sharpen them. Also go into Faces tab at the top and click "check open faces", any that return red are not properly sealed and as such will produce errors.

Looking nice! I always liked the M939 series from Arma1, was a bit strange not seeing it again Arma 2. It's nice to see more support units, while Arma 2 may not work the best for your goals you should definately hang on for Arma 3.

Also if you send the model to me in 3ds format I'll UV the trailer for you, just need you to give me a rough idea on how you want it done IE all of the braces to share the same UV's or have three versions so they have a bit of variation, wether or not you want the ramps on the back to share the same or have their own so they too have a few differences or not.

Edited by NodUnit

Hey thanks so much bud, and yes when I get home I will send them to you once I figure out how to make them into3ds format lol! And yes veryation is key!

Dave,

Question; the BIS Sticker on the side, do you have to keep that on? And if so, any way to uh... *Paint* over it?

Question; the BIS Sticker on the side, do you have to keep that on? And if so, any way to uh... *Paint* over it?

Nope. It's just a placeholder for the clan sign that's used in MP games. Shouldn't be there when in-game unless you have clan patches.

Abs

thank you I have been waiting for years! could you put images and video of the progress

Hello everyone!

I have been getting many PM's about this Addons status, so I will post here.

So far no real update, execpt I modeled a 5th Wheel but it is not textured for now its just a plain white object.

NodUnit said he will help me UV-Map a few things, so I am waiting for him as I don't have the skills to UV-Map!

Also Explosives Aid agreed to work on this project with me but with his RL and his own Addons he is busy!

However I definitly need a lot of help as I have done all I can do with my limited skills. Here's what help I need:

>Someone with Scripting knowlege-I have scripts that did work thanks to Deanosbeano, however I tried to alter them and messed them up now most of the scripts do not work anymore.

>someone with Config File knowlege-I have a working Config however when I try to add more then one vehicle to the Config the game won't start.

With out help for what I posted above I can not continue with the addon but I don't intend to give up on this addon...after all I have been working on this addon since ArmA1 lol! So if anyone can help with this Addon or you know someone who can help with my problems listed above please send me a PM or contact me on this thread!

Dave,

You should look into Granq , ithink he found better way than scripting for articulation , where the cab and all will turn with the steering source.

maybe he helps you with set up. ;) ?

You should look into Granq , ithink he found better way than scripting for articulation , where the cab and all will turn with the steering source.

maybe he helps you with set up. ;) ?

Ok thanks Thromp, when I get time I will definitly see if he will help me!

m8 this is looking like it will amazing when finished keep up the good work, probably jumping the gun abit but will it be able to transport say two m1a2 tusk tanks at once out of interest?

Thanks fella's, As for it being able to transport? yes, I will need to find someone to script that thought. But as of yet its not possible but should be easily added!

Also the simply amazing NodUnit has just re-mapped the whole trailer and 5th wheel, along with what to me is a massive update to the whole wireframe itself, and much more! Pictures of the new textured truck will be posted with in a few days, when done! Also I would like everyone to know that NodUnit has made a tuturial for me that me and him both agree should get released publicly, inwhich I promise it will be just give me some time(I may even make a new thread just for that).

Also when this gets to a point where I am happy with this Addon it will be released open source as well. If when done everyone involved agrees that I may share the work they all did, the Addon will be made publicly available as open source! All I ask is that anything anyone does for it shares there work back with the rest of us. And with everyone doing that I will continually update the official addon itself as to what I would like it to turn out to be, A community made Addon! And second condition...it also stays open source!

So if everyone agrees to this including those who have helped with this Addon(past and future), then I will happily release Open Source.

Dave

OOOh, now you have my curiousity peaked as to what the tutorial will help with. If it's mapping (even though there are a lot of them out there for the various programs) maybe this one will help with my addons as well.

Not a UV map tutorial I'm afraid, the images are set to O2 specificly and I use 3ds max for all my UV mapping needs, however I may expand on this.

Hey hello , nice work mate ;) good to see you alive in arma ! and i'm not good at all in addons making so this time i think i can't help or just for beta test ahah so good luck !

Thanks bud and yeah I'm still kickin since arma1, and so is this Addon lol! I will be sure to come get you again when I need some testing done, but I'm afraid that may be a bit as I still need some stuff done like fix my scriots to make them work again.

Dave,