Sign in to follow this  
Steg

Bradley Pics.

Picture of M1A2 with machine guns on the top:

m1a2.jpg

As you see, that this tank can be without Machine guns to, so m1A1 in OPf is not so unrealistic. Not at all.

And one more thing. BIS, made M1A1, because the single M1 couldn't match with the T80, or T72. They have no other choice. The story was made before, the vehicles did, and if they would set the game into the other year, the story should be different. The biggest conflicts, between Russia and USA were in 1985 and they couldn't do nothing else, but to include the M1A1. So, this is it. And please, don't forget that this is the game, not a real life. Everything is allowed in the games. And BIS couldn't possibly know, that we will have so much information about the tanks in our heads. :biggrin:

Well, that's all for now.

(Edited by SpaceAlex at 3:50 am on Nov. 9, 2001)

true about eh turrets on top but lets just all agrre on something the M1's in the game (also on other tanks) should allow the commander to have his own machine gun

Getting back on topic (the M-2 Bradley)...

I hope they implement the 25mm cannon properly. I've seen some video of that thing blasting away and it has a pretty good rate of fire (200 rpm according to the FAS site).

And as I read I get more and more excited about it. This thing's amphibious, caries a TOW launcher ("The range of the TOW missile is nearly 4 kilometers and the missile will reach a speed of almost Mach 1 on its way to the target. This weapon is capable of destroying any armored vehicle in existence today and is deadly accurate." )

Also interesting to note: "more enemy armored vehicles were destroyed by Bradleys than by the Abrams Main Battle Tanks!"

if i am not wrong the Singapore army uses the same 25mm gun for their Bionix IFV

I graduated from Armored Reconnaissance School in Feb. 1985 (trained from Oct 84 to Feb 85) as with 19D MOS, Bradley qualified. Stationed in 2nd AD (mechanized infantry unit if Bradley IFV's) until 1986. Being a scout, I was on an M3 Bradley CFV instead of the IFV. Bradleys were used in the 1st Calvary Division on my base also, as well as in our sister units in Germany (we had Bradleys there for our use during REFORGER).