Sign in to follow this  
H4mster

control tower blinking light is morse code?

Someone noticed a mast on the carrier control tower that has a blinking light that spelled out FIDOJEMOCNY in morse code.

Does this mean anything?

Edited by Foxhound
changed title to more descriptive

It could be a Czech word.

...Or you could just be over-thinking things. Simple test: what happened on September 11 2001?

Don't know about any meaning but regardless of that that is one h*ll of an observation! :)

According to intense Google research, JEMOCNY is a Slavic family name.

FIDOJEMOCNY is obviously the JEMOCNY family's dog.

"FIDO JE MOCNY" means something like "Fido rules", or "Fido is powerful".

A guy called 'Bullseye for a Forehead' noticed this, he knows morse code so this would of caught his attention.

Subs, destroyers, carriers, they all have morse code stuff, I seen this on 'The Hunt for Red October'.

'Bullseye for a Forehead', that could be someone who uses a periscope?

A guy called 'Bullseye for a Forehead' noticed this, he knows morse code so this would of caught his attention.

Subs, destroyers, carriers, they all have morse code stuff, I seen this on 'The Hunt for Red October'.

'Bullseye for a Forehead', that could be someone who uses a periscope?

Actually, it's because when I first started playing CounterStrike, I got shot in the head a lot.

Anyway, in case anyone has suspicions, I have no affiliation with Bohemia Interactive -- I'm just a guy who plays computer games and happens to know morse code -- so my handle has no bearing on it.

Edited by BullseyeForAForehead

Have no fear, H4mster will solve this mystery, some sherlock holmes episodes and a fresh carton of extra strength tin foil coming up.

Seriously though this is entertaining :)

Edited by H4mster

Considering the game's legacy, at first I thought it might be an old school cheat code, but if so I have not found a way to activate it. I tried typing it at the main screen, during the opening cinematic, and during the game, and I tried naming my profile after it, all to no avail.

Of course, it's entirely possible that someone just wanted to memorialize someone named "Fido". Then again, someone in the thread on the Steam forum mentioned remembering seeing some reference to "fidonite" in the game... so the mystery may be deeper than it seems.

Considering the game's legacy, at first I thought it might be an old school cheat code, but if so I have not found a way to activate it. I tried typing it at the main screen, during the opening cinematic, and during the game, and I tried naming my profile after it, all to no avail.

Of course, it's entirely possible that someone just wanted to memorialize someone named "Fido". Then again, someone in the thread on the Steam forum mentioned remembering seeing some reference to "fidonite" in the game... so the mystery may be deeper than it seems.

I checked the games script files and nothing, but that would be to easy anyway, a tough nut to crack.

looks like Fido is a nickname (Fi... Do... - check the credits)

Yes, it is. Fido is a nickname for Filip Doksansky, the creator of the game engine (btw. it's heavily upgraded engine used in Alpha Prime). This game was originally developed by Black Element Software and studio was sold to Bohemia Interactive during development. I don't know what's Filip position in team right now, but back in old days he was the lead programmer in Black Element.

Edited by Ankroth

Yes, it is. Fido is a nickname for Filip Doksansky, the creator of the game engine (btw. it's heavily upgraded engine used in Alpha Prime). This game was originally developed by Black Element Software and studio was sold to Bohemia Interactive during development. I don't know what's Filip position in team right now, but back in old days he was the lead programmer in Black Element.

Oh well done guys, I love these hidden mystery's in games. :cheers:

Amazing :)

You guys just uncovered an Easter Egg

EH cool. I guess that's why the game shipped with a lot of problems too, it was coded by 2 teams. (or coded by one team and then hastily 'fixed' by BI to get it production ready)

In either case, I still admire the game despite its flaws.

"FIDO JE MOCNY" means something like "Fido rules", or "Fido is powerful".

Hey, this is to scare enemy carrier or even more enemy island before attacking. Next time ill launch attack I will have Fido in mind. LOL!!!!!!!!! Fido Charaaaarge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

You will get hammerhead between your eyes if you mess with Fido!

I don't know what's Filip position in team right now, but back in old days he was the lead programmer in Black Element.

Now I have the answer, Fido is lead programmer again. Well done :)