Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

Belfast Ardoyne Area Northern Ireland

Hi all I thought it was about time I posted some screens and news on this terrain that I have been working on this is a small but highly detailed terrain at 2km x 2km it has around 200 models on it that are new to the game, thanks Rhaggen for your help on the models and local knowledge.

The area is from the falls road south to north of springfield road, theres a Police station located in the north, the environment is heavily built up the estate has tight roads and plenty of back alleys to fight from there is large industrial areas all over and some open parkland but the bulk is house facing house

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ymbmft.jpg (282 kB)

http://i49.tinypic.com/s68313.jpg (234 kB)

http://i47.tinypic.com/35ja5ph.jpg (464 kB)

If anyone would like to help I need help on textures and uvmapping some models drop me a pm

heres an old youtube

Looks good :D

Driving around some dodgy areas of Belfast many years ago, we realised the same car had been following us for quite a while. We pulled into a PSNI station and told the bloke at the desk, he went out and started talking to them. Turned out they were Republicans keeping an eye out for us when they saw the Southern reg.

Nice, I've been to Belfast in 2004 and have some fond memories of the place. Some Harp ads would be nice (that's propably what I remember of that trip the most) :P

Nice, I've been to Belfast in 2004 and have some fond memories of the place. Some Harp ads would be nice (that's propably what I remember of that trip the most) :P

Because it made you forgot the rest? ;)

Great beer, I think i might go and have a few now...

But yeah nice to see you finally out it up on the forums smoke.

Looks great, 1 request, could you use non enter able building for the store fronts. looks kinda strange with the enter able ones

cheers guys eggbeast you mean both ira and loyalist with flags out and kerbstones painted your in luck its been done

@slatts good story mate what part do you come from my family owned Tyrconnell which is now County Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim , Tyrone, Fermanagh and Derry till the flight of the earls and the battle of kinsale 1601 after losing the battle banished us from Ireland they were the last high kings of Ireland and the last truly independent Gaelic sovereignty.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

can't wait SD. sorry about our dayZ server by the way - the hackers peed off General so much he killed it.

cheers guys eggbeast you mean both ira and loyalist with flags out and kerbstones painted your in luck its been done

@slatts good story mate what part do you come from my family owned Tyrconnell which is now County Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim , Tyrone, Fermanagh and Derry till the flight of the earls and the battle of kinsale 1601 after losing the battle banished us from Ireland they were the last high kings of Ireland and the last truly independent Gaelic sovereignty.

Ah I'm a southerner :D Some Clare and Kerry blood in me but mainly a Blue of Dublin

Hopefully I can contribute to this map in the future when I finally get paid and am able to buy a new computer,

I think the map needs more historical detail, either 60s, 70s, 80s or even the 90s, but each one had its own styles of cars graffiti murals etc...

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Hopefully I can contribute to this map in the future when I finally get paid and am able to buy a new computer,

I think the map needs more historical detail, either 60s, 70s, 80s or even the 90s, but each one had its own styles of cars graffiti murals etc...

Hey, I am new to the arma world and PC gaming in general and absolutely love this game. I have downloaded & installed (with great difficulty) the BAF troubles missions and they are amazing!!! rough round the edges as far as lingo and other small details are concerned but good none the less.

This idea of the falls/shankill/springfield/ardoyne area (BT13) is an amazing idea also and one I would love to see happen. I live in BT13 and have done all my life I know every street, wall, kerb & mural in the place and would be happy to help you in any way.