Sign in to follow this  
Guy LeDouche

How to reacquire British Armed Forces?

So over a year ago, a friend of mine bought the BAF DLC for me as a gift off of Sprocket. I downloaded it and installed it just fine. I ended up getting rid of computer I installed it on, but now I'm playing ARMA 2 on a different one. I wrote down the CD key for BAF back then, but I don't have access to the Sprocket downloader. I don't want to buy another BAF if I have a valid key, you know? My friend doesn't remember any of the login details or anything from it. So my question is, how can I obtain the BAF installer and use my valid CD key on it? :confused:

you need to log into Sprocket again, there you can see in your profile what you have alrady purchased and as far as I remeber you can download that again.

you need to log into Sprocket again, there you can see in your profile what you have alrady purchased and as far as I remeber you can download that again.

No, my friend created a quick account and bought it for me. He doesn't remember ANY of the credentials needed to recover a login or password (email/username, etc.). So logging into Sprocket isn't an option.

How can you're friend not remember his email address?.

I agree with Beagle, You are doomed.

He still should be able to contact them and provide ID, so they can recover his account. Name, Adress, that kind of thing.

I guess the big thing is that I don't want to burden him to contact Bohemia/Sprocket just to get a download for me. So it's not an option. What if someone else sent me their BAF installer in a zip file or something? I think that would work since it would still prompt me to enter in my valid CD key.

I'm not a big fan of illegal filesharing.

How is it illegal? It's just the installer. It's not being circumvented to allow illegal play or anything. I just literally need to install the files on my computer. The game was already purchased.

It's because copying and redistributing the installer is violating BIS' license that comes with the installer and we all that we legally own the game agreed to.