Sign in to follow this  
Varanon

FHQ Coop Mission Pack 2

FHQ Coop Mission Pack 2 ("The Snack Pack")

Current Version: 1.0

Download

Armaholic

Welcome to the FHQ Coop mission pack #2. This pack, entitled "The Snack Pack", contains

COOP missions that are all relatively short (playable in under 20 minutes to half an hour).

All of the missions run on Vanilla Combined Operations (eventually needing the DLC in full or

lite versions). Missions are from 2 to 10 players.

We welcome feedback and would like to hear of any bugs you encounter. To contact us, write an email, or send a PM on this forum:

Alwarren: hans-joerg@friedenhq.org

Varanon: thomas@friedenhq.org

Missions:

• "Bor Never Changes": A group of NAPA fighters tries to destroy Russian Artillery
  • "Bombing Run: Ground": Special forces plant target markers in preparation for an air strike in enemy territory
  • "Bombing Run: Air": After a successful operation, two A10 take to the skies to bom a Takistani oil deopt
  • "Crash Site": A C-130 crashed in the mountains south of Nur. A team is sent in to extract them
  • "The Strange House": Divert from your evening patrol to investigate activity around a hous in Naran Darre Pass
  • "Scramble: Air": Takistani forces are attacking Zargabad. A wing of Apache helicopters is dispatched to stop the thread
  • "Scramble: Ground": While the choppers battle it out in the skies, the infantry do battle on the ground

Edited by Varanon

Wot!? A new FHQ pack!!

Uploading to the CiA coop server ASAP and alerting armaholic! :yay:

Just tried to play the "Bor..." one and it froze at the custom loading screen, the one with just the FHQ logo. Froze both times we tried it, at 50%. Hosted server.

Crash Site: Debug radio triggers were left in. On first attempt, the chopper crashed or was shot down moments after dropping us off, failing the mission. On second run, we got to the extraction point but nothing happened. It says in the briefing "extraction will take 10-15 minutes", but we weren't sure if this meant the mission would last in that time or if it meant it would actually take the chopper 10-15 minutes to return (which seems unlikely considering it could probably cover the entire map in half that time). Anyway so we were just kind of standing at the extraction point assuming the mission was broken, then

a BTR snuck up behind us because we were re-reading the briefing to see if we did something wrong.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Just tried to play the "Bor..." one and it froze at the custom loading screen, the one with just the FHQ logo. Froze both times we tried it, at 50%. Hosted server.

Crash Site: Debug radio triggers were left in. On first attempt, the chopper crashed or was shot down moments after dropping us of, failing the mission. On second run, we got to the extraction point but nothing happened. It says in the briefing "extraction will take 10-15 minutes", but we weren't sure if this meant the mission would last in that time or if it meant it would actually take the chopper 10-15 minutes to return (which seems unlikely considering it could probably cover the entire map in half that time). Anyway so we were just kind of standing at the extraction point assuming the mission was broken, then

a BTR snuck up behind us because we were re-reading the briefing to see if we did something wrong.

Both works fine on the CiA coop server. a dedicated machine though.

Crash Site: Debug radio triggers were left in. On first attempt, the chopper crashed or was shot down moments after dropping us off, failing the mission. On second run, we got to the extraction point but nothing happened. It says in the briefing "extraction will take 10-15 minutes", but we weren't sure if this meant the mission would last in that time or if it meant it would actually take the chopper 10-15 minutes to return (which seems unlikely considering it could probably cover the entire map in half that time). Anyway so we were just kind of standing at the extraction point assuming the mission was broken, then

Debug triggers will stay in if you start the mission in debug mode, might be that it still defaults to "True". Just to make sure, are you using any addons?

We didn't try all of the missions on the pack yet but I can already say two missions of it gave me personally the some of the best experience I had with Arma 2.

"Bor never changes" and "Crash site" are absolutely awesome. Very immersive and action packed though not too hard, from beginning to end. Very colorful missions that really gets you into them. These should be taught as example on how to make missions.

Thanks a lot Friedens!

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

By the way, just read Ranger's post, and I wanted to add that both missions played flawlessly for us (played on a dedicated windows server running CWR2 mod, Zeus AI and TPWCAS)

These should be taught as example on how to make missions.
I would agree with that! They are very well made, and i'll probably refer back to them many times. I played most of them with friends and had no problems in ACE. We haven't had any deaths until "Bor never changes"! Can't wait to complete that one properly.

Have the FHQ functions and multiplayer framework been published anywhere, looks nice. Though i'm still very noobish and haven't done any FSM, i'll probably look through these multiple times. Thanks for the great missions. Loved the design!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, much appreciated.

Regarding the mulitplayer framework, no, it wasn't released yet. The framework is similar to the CBA handlers (although it uses 1.62 features). We created it because we wanted to have something that does not require any addons but would be more efficient than the standard MP framework (which causes quite some network traffic from what I read elsewhere). These missions are the first ones using it, so we also use those as a "field test" for the framework. I might release it at one point, but no specific plans for it right now.

We played co04_scramble_air.zargabad.pbo last night. We took out the armour from a long range and shot down the Hinds, loosing one apache to a MANPAD missile. The mission was over in about 2 minutes. Good fun, but if it could use some more challenge. Maybe limit the missiles on the Apaches and force the players to attack with rockets? The mission in its current design would be perfect in ACE, which has more realistic weapon behaviour on the helicopter. Do you think it is ACE compatible?

Yeah, the mission is over pretty quickly, not more than five minutes really.

Never actually tried it with ACE, there isn't anything in it thought that should prevent it from running with ACE. Which reminds me, we have an ACE mission pack in the work that we should really finalize at some point :)

Never actually tried it with ACE, there isn't anything in it thought that should prevent it from running with ACE. Which reminds me, we have an ACE mission pack in the work that we should really finalize at some point :)

What the hell are you waiting for?! :yay:

"Bombing run" played by L-Cube and myself on the CiA coop server:

Thanks for sharing. By the way, if you remember the predecessor mission Bombing Run: Ground, where you place the target markers. These markers are still there, you can lock on to them and drop the bomb laser guided. It's pretty hard, though, to lock on to it since you need to use right-click while over it.

Sure we remembered the previous designation mission when we took off. I didn't even want to play the A10 mission until the previous was completed. The rockets and GAU runs were because we ran out of bombs before the targets were destroyed... ;)

Are you sure about right clicking? I'm pretty sure you just have to be in position and the bomb will find its target by itself. See

, I didn't right click but the target was destroyed. Edited by Variable

Are you sure about right clicking? I'm pretty sure you just have to be in position and the bomb will find its target by itself. See
, I didn't right click but the target was destroyed.

I meant right click to lock on... don't know if the bomb will find it's target otherwise, but when locked on, it will be guided...