Hey guys, didn't see any other thread about this so decided to make it just to inform everyone. A new mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector has been released. It allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your ARMA 2 game.
This is the official release thread for SweetFX.
I'll be posting new releases here and you can discuss SweetFX and post your screenshots and share settings here too.
So in case you're new to SweetFX Shader Suite (or just SweetFX), it's a mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector, that allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your games.
You may have tried another shader injection mod before, like InjectFXAA, InjectSMAA or FXAAtool. SweetFX improves upon all of these.
You can add SMAA anti-aliasing , sharpening and tweak the color, gamma , exposure and more.
It's meant to allow you to improve the look of your games and change the look and mood of it to your liking.
If you use SMAA antialiasing instead of MSAA or an even more expensive antialaliasing technique you can also make the game run faster (than with MSAA)
It can currently add:
* SMAA (anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique )
* LumaSharpen (Sharpens the image, making details easier to see)
* Bloom (Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings)
* HDR (mimics an HDR look)
* Technicolor (Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process )
* Tonemap (Light and color adjustments)
* Vibrance (Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation)
* Sepia (Sepia tones the image )
* Vignette (Adds a vignette that darkens the borders to the image )
* Dither (Dithers the image making it look like it was displayed on a monitor with more colors than actually present )
It works with all 32bit DirectX 9 , 10 and 11 games (and many applications).
It does NOT work with 64bit game executables - use the 32bit version of your game if it gives you a choice between 32 and 64bit.
It works with all graphics cards as long as they support at least shader model 3.
It should work on Windows 2000 and newer, both 32bit and 64bit. So far tested working on WinXP , Vista and Win7. Windows 8 is untested - please report your findings.
It may work on Linux using Wine - please report your findings.
Current version is 1.2
You can download it here on dropcanvas. It's also on Skyrim nexus.
Original thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368880
Comparison with and without mod (sharpened, more colorful)
Disabled - Enabled
Disabled - Enabled
It's easy to setup and easy to tweak, so download it and experiment with it.
Make ARMA 2 look the way you want
I didn't tweak it too much so the screenshot comparison isn't jaw dropping.
Post your tweaks here if you wish.