Sign in to follow this  
scabbo

Frontier problem after Outpost

Hi.

I completed the Frontier island mission. I am positive that I rebuilt the command center because when I load up a game from that time, the mission says, "Command center rebuilt" and I am to head off to get the armor. When I load up that save, I can even see the command center shimmering as it is recreating.

I did that and then completed the Outpost island.

Now that I have the freedom to move around, I noticed that the Frontier island was grey so I went back to it. The command center is back in ruins. There is a mission marker in the middle of the rubble saying "Build Command Center" but of course, no module to use to rebuild ... because I used it the first time I was here!!

Shouldn't the status of the island when I left it (the cc in the process of being built) have been saved when I moved on?

I read one of the devs say quite clearly that it was safe to proceed to the next island. Not so in my experience! Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Might be a random script/campaign bug, as I often have island CC's building when I save without a problem. Try letting it get rebuilt before you save to get around it.

Hi.

I completed the Frontier island mission. I am positive that I rebuilt the command center because when I load up a game from that time, the mission says, "Command center rebuilt" and I am to head off to get the armor. When I load up that save, I can even see the command center shimmering as it is recreating.

I did that and then completed the Outpost island.

Now that I have the freedom to move around, I noticed that the Frontier island was grey so I went back to it. The command center is back in ruins. There is a mission marker in the middle of the rubble saying "Build Command Center" but of course, no module to use to rebuild ... because I used it the first time I was here!!

Shouldn't the status of the island when I left it (the cc in the process of being built) have been saved when I moved on?

I read one of the devs say quite clearly that it was safe to proceed to the next island. Not so in my experience! Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

I just had the exact same thing happen to me... would worry me if I could build a module to rebuild it... who are BI's testers? :(

who are BI's testers? :(

That would be folks like me and many others on this forum. What was not able to be tested in the P&C programs was the actual campaign. Yes - they have realized there are script problems. A patch is in the making.

It would be wise to simply not save when your rebuilding a CC if your struggling to continue in the campaign. Due to this issue not being seen in strategy mode, it points specifically to a script problem. Until the patch resolves issues like this, use the tricks that work.

I noticed that his thread is over 2 years old and the issue still remains. Is there an ETA on the patch to fix it? At least give us examples of what tricks work so those of us just now encountering the problem can use to get around it! Throw us a freaking bone here... :(

Is there going to be a new update or is 1.07 the final patch? i have not tried it yet was hoping for a final bug fix? many thanks:confused: