Sign in to follow this  
Nang

Unhandled exception

Hi

Love the game, but keep getting this error at random. I am playing on XP under steam, (don't know if this makes a difference). Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I can t seem to attach a file here so I am going to have to type it in.

-----------------------------------------

Unhandled exception

Program:.....ommon\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\Carrier.exe Reason:Access violation. Illegal Read by 1014d82e at266e1000

8 lines like :-

[enf::MeshObject::PrepareMatrices]?? addr:0x0x1014d82e

followed by

(Press retry to debug the application - JIT must be disabled)

-----------------------------------------

I'm getting exceptions like this as well ; the damn thing won't run for more than an hour or so before crashing back to the desktop like this. I too have steam and XP, with a radeon video card and intel duel core cpu.exception.jpg

Edited by Savant1974

Yet another exception, and this one seems to pop up when in timewarp quite a lot. Screenshot here.

Edit: This is happening at the same point after a loaded game, regardless of which direction I head in. Steam version.

Edited by Savant1974

I also keep experiencing this. I'm not sure why, but it only happens on my PC at home (I have it installed thru steam on my laptop as well).

Keeps happening in outpost, right at the end or after the mission is completed. I try to equip my new mantas, and when I click on manta 3 or 4, or if i try to close out of the equip window, the game freezes and I get the following error message:

Program: yadayada/yada/Carrier.exe

Access Violation. Illegal read by 10132956 at 0

[enf:VObjectInstance::~VObjectInstance]: ??? addr:0x10132956

[enf:VObjectInstance::~VObjectInstance]: ??? addr:0x10132956

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

I have reloaded and tried making a manual save to see if that gets past it, but it just ends up happening later.

windows xp sp3 with Pentium 4, radeon 4800, installed from direct download, no steam client

random crashes, sometimes at startup, sometimes after an hour

Access violation Illegal read by 1014bc3f at 1bc75000

Maybe this can be addressed in the next patch?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, running on 64 bit Win7 on both comps, only difference is home has a AMD Athlon x4 CPU and ATI graphics, laptop has i5 dual core with onboard nvidia. Have to play with lower settings on laptop, but no unhandled exceptions. Could my install be corrupted?

I am getting the same thing. I am running an intel core 2 Duo, 4 gigs of RAM, winXP 32bit, and an GTX260 card.

Takes about an hour or two before this happens, and is apparently not connected to doing anything in particular at all.

I'm getting this error too, but with the demo.

Another crash I'm also getting is sometimes if I try to load/continue my game from the main menu it'll crash on loading. Oddly, if I leave the main menu running for a min or so the loading crash seems much less likely!

I'd like to get the game as it seem right up my street, but the demo is so unstable on my system (to the point of being unplayable) that I don't want to chance it...

Wow, apparently my bug is posted and more than 300 days ago. I think this game is dead if the devs don't respond and don't care that there are issues going on.

http://ft.trillian.im/33c7a0bfe47d003fba21abe70f086db0347d1d99/6iErwqloMFXyQuVWWVivZFuBynk2i.jpg - Screenshot of error.

Access violation. Illegal read by 0 at 0

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x00000000

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x00000000

(Oress Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

That's a very generic crash report that doesn't help identify the problem, especially with all those zeros. You aren't going to get a reply to individual crashes that could be something or could be nothing.

Hi,

since this is totally random, there is few things that can help.

1. Everytime when crash happend, it create special .mdmp file in CC documents. You can upload that file to http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback with some description.

2. Best way how to find reason of some crash is easily reproduce that. And that can be done when you upload some sort of save file before the crash happend.

Thanks.

I never knew about the feedback thing, I'll start using it a bit later. Also, reproducing the crash doesn't work. I've had a crash just 10 seconds after a quick save, and come back to it not happening and everything happened in the same exact way.

Also getting this, the attached file is at the end of the strategy game just after I had defeated the enemy carrier, the explosion animation was about to start and the game crashed.

Crashes lots in Campaign mode as well.

Carrier%20Command%20Gaea%20Mission%20Crash.png

That's a very generic crash report that doesn't help identify the problem, especially with all those zeros. You aren't going to get a reply to individual crashes that could be something or could be nothing.

Any crash is ALWAYS something. It's just that the game could not provide why it crashed.

Well my game right now is crashing EVERY time(in Strategy Mode)when I destroy the enemy carrier. On the very last hit it switches to a loading screen for half a second, then boops and gives me this error(always)

-------------------

Engine Error

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'OnUpdate'

Stack trace:

scripts/CCGame.c9059

-------------------------

when I click OK the Crash "info" appears saying

-----------------------------

Unhandled Exception

Program: ....\Carrier Command\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 40443a at 98

Script callstack:

Class 'MyGame'

Function: 'OnUpdate'

Stack trace:

scripts/CCGame.c9059

SymGetSyFromAddr:487, addr:0x0040443a

SymGetSyFromAddr:487, addr:0x0040443a

(Press Retry to Debug Info - JIT must be enabled)

--------------------------

It's pretty frustrating, since I like the game very much and was so damn proud that I managed to get the APA carrier destroyed right at the beginning while playing on Nemesis Mod. And then it crashed, then I reloaded and it crashed again and well it won't stop and I don't want to have to give up my precious kill >,<

It's pretty frustrating, since I like the game very much and was so damn proud that I managed to get the APA carrier destroyed right at the beginning while playing on Nemesis Mod. And then it crashed, then I reloaded and it crashed again and well it won't stop and I don't want to have to give up my precious kill >,<

Woah wait, you are complaining about a modded version? Didn't you try to play the game without mods and see if it crashes? After all the devs can't fix mods ;)

If it's crashing with a mod installed, you should post in the mod's own thread, not general troubleshooting. Make sure you have the latest mod installed, then update your post, as the numbers change from one version to the next.

Edit: Nemesis saved games can't be resumed unmodded, so it won't be possible to check that, but if you update the info, it will help with a fix.

Edited by Species1571

Woah wait, you are complaining about a modded version? Didn't you try to play the game without mods and see if it crashes? After all the devs can't fix mods ;)

Well it's not like the unmodded version didn't bug at all^^ at least in campaign I experienced some tremendous problem with the last mission. Whenever I freed the CC and the message of the island being ours appeared, the game froze and threw me out. I thought "well okay reload a savestate BEFORE the last island" and when I did this I couldn't continue after Sector 1 because the promised repair gun walrus was never dropped, so the waypoints never updated >,<

But that's another story^^

I get this Unhandled exception after doing the island whith the escape pod. I finished underground and are about to go and find a manta when the game crashes with this message.

I have tried different saves but same error. I'm using PC steam version totally unmodded. Any suggestions... I'm stucked

I was able to get past it by using an old save and 15 reloads. Haven't seen the exeption since.

Edited by hakivar
solved

Yep, I am getting the same error at the start of the campaign with beta version 1.7.

Are there any plans to finish or at least fix this game or should I just uninstall the game......................again? :)

Edited by Dajunka

Ok, i have some bad bug here that wown't let me move up the campain...it's in the VATTLAND mission...fps mode just after i get the laser rifle and when i try to go down on the second staircase (after killing 2 robots) it just crashes. I tried to run in window mode, decrease rezolution, quality...nothing seems to work. I use windows 7 64 bit, core i5 ivybridge with 8 gb ram and radeon 7950. Game version is 1.6.0011.

Any ideeas to workaround this ?

Thank you.