Sign in to follow this  
Thygrrr

[TOOL] CarrierTools (modding tool inside)

No, this is possible, but it requires a rewrite how the island list is managed. It currently appears to be largely hardcoded.

No, this is possible, but it requires a rewrite how the island list is managed. It currently appears to be largely hardcoded.

The island list is defined in a binarized database. This database also contains the walrus and manta statistics, along with all the weapon settings etc. We are going to provide a more accessible version of the database in the modding tools, so you will be able to open it in a text editor and make changes there. This includes adding/removing islands to/from the list.

By more accessible I mean completely accessible, making it possible to change anything within it.

Oh, that's great to know. I know there isn't much we modders can really do right now except experiment, so I hope these questions don't cause additional stress for you developers.

I hope these questions don't cause additional stress for you developers.

Not at all :)

What format are the models in?

A binarized, proprietary format. There will be an importer along with documentation to import your own models into the game.

/*#ifndef XBOX

AddSplashVideo("video/nvidia_logo.ogv", "", 0, 0, 0, true);

#endif

/we don't want play intro in pre-order beta

/#ifndef CCBETA

AddSplashVideo("video/intro.ogv", "cutscenes/intro/ctsc_intro.cut", 0, 0, 0, true);

#endif*/

Remove this in script.c to skip intro and nvideo videos, my first mod lol, cheap and cheerful.

Dram, I seen you worked on anim, is there any way to make those walrus turn faster?

Edited by ToxLaximus

/*#ifndef XBOX

AddSplashVideo("video/nvidia_logo.ogv", "", 0, 0, 0, true);

#endif

/we don't want play intro in pre-order beta

/#ifndef CCBETA

AddSplashVideo("video/intro.ogv", "cutscenes/intro/ctsc_intro.cut", 0, 0, 0, true);

#endif*/

Remove this in script.c to skip intro and nvideo videos, my first mod lol, cheap and cheerful.

It would have sufficed to add -nosplash to the startup shortcut of CCGM :) Guess I should have mentioned that.

Dram, I seen you worked on anim, is there any way to make those walrus turn faster?

I am unsure what you mean by anim, but Walrus turning speeds should be defined in the binarized database, which will be possible to modify with the modding tool pack.

Does this mean we could make modern day Carriers and vehicles? :D

Harrier Command?

Before we even consider adding new units to the game, we need to make sure that we can mod the pathing AI to handle new unit types, else the new units will have issues due to the different size then what is currently in the game.

In some old q3engine games you could move around dropping waypoints on paths for the ai to follow from within the game itself, I would also be interested to know if there is a dev console to change stuff like disabling hud, cheats and so on, there is references to a console and cheats in the data02.cc files.

Im not stupid but i feel like i should ask how do i use this. i installed python but never have used it. Help? i would love to start modding for CC:GM =) The AI needs help as well with navigation lol. Walrus forget that they are ATV's and sometimes they have a mind of their own and drive up cliffs killing themselves in the process.... or just driving in circles.

I'm waiting for the official release of the modding tools before I even think of looking around or tinkering. But it sounds like a lot of great potential, really looking forward to it.

I have two questions:

1) Will we be able to edit enemy carrier or unit ai to any degree?

2) And can I make the enemy carrier respawn during a game? I would really like to be able to do that to have more carrier battles and make for a longer game. I want the game to be more about capturing all the islands instead of killing the one carrier which tends to happy early for me.

This!

Gnrl_Grad: Yes, you can edit carrier and unit AI; just not path finding (right now). There's actually several layers of carrier AI (how it reacts on a strategy level, and how it deals with attacking you) that can be edited.

For carrier respawn; I think you'll be able to though don't quote me on that. But from what I've found in the code, it's doable. If you can then you should be able to make it respawn after a set time as a kind of penalty.

Sounds good, if it's possible I would probably give it at least a 10 or 15min wait time before respawning. That way you could relish each victory and get some breathing space to capture islands for a while. Ooh maybe he could come back a little stronger each time, that might get too difficult though. :)

The problem of him getting stronger after death is that it removes any point to killing him. The clever player would then just hit him until he's hurt and then leave him be. He won't then be able to attack islands successfully and you can then clear up the map. If you killed him, then the game becomes harder, and harder until you get into an almost stalemate with him having a couple of islands, but he's too strong to kill.

Though he could come back fully equipped (which is how he starts the game pretty much) so he can retaliate immediately on respawning.

Yep your right, it wouldn't be good making him respawn stronger, scratch that idea. :)

Don't make him stronger, but let him return at full strength.

Then you can do 2 things:

1. Give it a long enough rebuild time to make it worth killing him.

2. Give the enemy carrier an increaced repair rate when it is not fighting you (or capping an island) so that you have to finish it off, else you have wasted your time crippleing it.

PS: Can somone release the Mod for how many islands start out captured?