Sign in to follow this  
Moon2587

Skyhook bug?

I was playing around with the hook, which I hope you can command all mantas to use in the final, when I noticed something odd. When I dropped over water no matter how high the walrus would be undamaged, though apparently it did destroy hacking modules. I could accept this since space age carrier and robot war-tank maybe they overcame the solidity of water. But the odd thing is, the same stuff happened on land. No matter how high or horizontal velocity the walrus suffered no ill effect when smacking into land.

I'm not sure how realistic I want the water to be, but land was definitely the immersion breaker. Is this a bug or glitch or actually intended? Oh, and try the water with the walrus first person pov, the drop and underwater bit is awesome. :)

I was playing around with the hook, which I hope you can command all mantas to use in the final, when I noticed something odd. When I dropped over water no matter how high the walrus would be undamaged, though apparently it did destroy hacking modules. I could accept this since space age carrier and robot war-tank maybe they overcame the solidity of water. But the odd thing is, the same stuff happened on land. No matter how high or horizontal velocity the walrus suffered no ill effect when smacking into land.

I'm not sure how realistic I want the water to be, but land was definitely the immersion breaker. Is this a bug or glitch or actually intended? Oh, and try the water with the walrus first person pov, the drop and underwater bit is awesome. :)

Bug, please report it to the tracker. It should be damaged from high heights.

My view on this:

- Should be a little easier to pick them up. (Range for the option to lift could be increased a little)

- Damage when bumping into things when suspended should be very small.

- Damage when dropping over water should be "small". Fairly big heights should be ok. Infinite height is too strange.

- Damage when dropping over land should be bigger than over water. Still on the kind side but no great precision flying required. Damage taken on walrus should be proportional to height. That way one can learn the limits.

- Equipment on Walrus should not take any damage unless the walrus is destroyed. Since all islands require hacking and stuff anyway it is not in any case possible to quickly air-drop and hack Command Center.

On land I imagine something like: 10 meters - no damage. 20 meters 25% damage. 30 meters 50% damage. 40 meters 75% damage. 50 meters 100% damage. "Meters" is of course hard to tell in-game but something like that. Fairly easy so people feel they can use it without big risks but still requiring some skill.

My view on this:

- Should be a little easier to pick them up. (Range for the option to lift could be increased a little)

- Damage when bumping into things when suspended should be very small.

- Damage when dropping over water should be "small". Fairly big heights should be ok. Infinite height is too strange.

- Damage when dropping over land should be bigger than over water. Still on the kind side but no great precision flying required. Damage taken on walrus should be proportional to height. That way one can learn the limits.

- Equipment on Walrus should not take any damage unless the walrus is destroyed. Since all islands require hacking and stuff anyway it is not in any case possible to quickly air-drop and hack Command Center.

On land I imagine something like: 10 meters - no damage. 20 meters 25% damage. 30 meters 50% damage. 40 meters 75% damage. 50 meters 100% damage. "Meters" is of course hard to tell in-game but something like that. Fairly easy so people feel they can use it without big risks but still requiring some skill.

Unless Mantas have height over ground display in their HUDs

An option to program Mantas to <pickup object at location x> and <drop off object at location y> would be very handy.

An option to program Mantas to <pickup object at location x> and <drop off object at location y> would be very handy.

Yes, this would be useful. At least the option "move there and drop walrus" would be handy.