Sign in to follow this  
Scepticer

A couple of gameplay questions

- What is the function of the piers? I haven't seen any activity from them, can't do anything with them other than destroy them.

- Is it beneficial to try and not destroy installations such as Walrus garages and Manta 'silos' on islands? Thinking once I have the island captured is it good to have them intact for defence? (Turrets seem to rebuild directly upon capture but not garages and manta 'silos'.

- What is the function of the piers? I haven't seen any activity from them, can't do anything with them other than destroy them.

- Is it beneficial to try and not destroy installations such as Walrus garages and Manta 'silos' on islands? Thinking once I have the island captured is it good to have them intact for defence? (Turrets seem to rebuild directly upon capture but not garages and manta 'silos'.

1. Piers seem to serve no function as far as I can tell.

2. Yes destroy the Walrus Garages and Manta 'silos' as they will spawn Walrus' and Mantas if you don't.

Piers connect the island to the network, this means that if you destroy it on an enemy island, then it will be disconnected, thus not providing him with its resource capacities (or production etc). This is a good tactic when you are too weak to assault the island, but want to cripple the enemy. This is, however, temoprary until it is rebuilt.

Yes, however if you take them out, and take the island, then it will take a while before the island rebuilds them, weakening its defense.

1. Piers seem to serve no function as far as I can tell.

I think the piers are the targeting-zone for inter-island-traffic. Will say: When you send your carrier to another island (timewarp), the pier is the place, where the carrier will arrive (if you dont' interrup the timewarp).

Yes destroy the Walrus Garages and Manta 'silos' as they will spawn Walrus' and Mantas if you don't.

They spawn, yes. But not always it's good to destroy them... as written here, just a moment ago.

Yes, however if you take them out, and take the island, then it will take a while before the island rebuilds them, weakening its defense.

Ok, that was what I suspected, thank you for the confirmation and reply.

To be able to choose the best tactic it would also be good to know:

- What "a while before the island rebuilds" means in real time (and warped time too, don't know the ratio between them either...)?

- Are they rebuilt in parallel or is it one at the time?

Also curious about how they actually factor in when the enemy engages one of my islands..? Is there an actual AI fight going on while I'm not there so it is hard to tell or what is really happening "behind the curtain"? Or is it more easy like one more walrus garage mean it takes 3 more minutes for the enemy to capture the island?

Always wondered about the piers myself. I even tried docking at them just in case they unloaded goodies.

I have much to learn it seems! Mind you, I seem to spend most of my time running from Island to Island trying to get back what the enemy carrier takes. As he always takes at least two of my islands for every one I take, the game is soon over!

I've been playing for betas for six months, and destroying piers, but I never knew there was a point to it :-D

Dont forget that if you put one of your islands on defense it strengthens the defense of every island linked to it. So if you have a defense and something else that will beef up the defense and slow him. Your stockpile island is alwasy a production island as well so you can set that one to defense without losing anything. That will beef up all aslands nect to it as well. Remember though it takes a little while for the islands to build themselves up to the new strength

And yes 2 defense islands next to one another will strengthen each other. The worst I I ever found was a triangle of defense islands that were all strengthening one another and all had the designation "Deadly". I could not crack them :S