Sign in to follow this  
Appogee

What would you like to be able to mod in CCGM?

One of the more encouraging posts from BI in the past week has been their statement that CCGM will be more ''modable'' than originally planned.

While we're yet to see whether that just means ''new textures'', or ''new models'' or potentially much deeper changes, it did get me thinking about what kinds of things it might be fun to mod in the final version.

Personally, and just based on my experiences of playing the betas over the past 6 months, I'd like to be able to modify some of the production speeds and economics in the game. It occurs to me that the game play would be quite different if resources and replacements were either very scarce or very abundant. It would either force a player to be very cautious in engagements, or if resources were abundant, enable a player to throw caution to the wind and play CCGM more like a traditional RTS.

Anyway, my question is, based on what you've seen in CCGM Betas, what would you like to be able to mod in the final game?

I like aggressive AI and way over the top weapons, loads of missiles and rapid fire, if possible also a couple of buttons to select all mantas or all walrus, but I don't think the source will be moddable for a while if at all.

I would add a manual time warp so that I could time warp when ever I wanted to.....

I would also make the AI carrier rebuild itself at its stock pile island after I sank it so that I can't just cheeze all the islands.

Well, an Island editor/creator would certainly rock.

That would be amazing. An editor that allowed terrain editing, positioning of bases, turrets etc. I'd also like the ability to edit enemy carrier respawning and perhaps the ability to add other ships of varying sizes/strengths for more high seas battles.

I wish we could randomise the island terrains and layout. I posted a topline process for creating randomised islands in another thread. It would add significantly to the replayability of the game.

Iif possible also a couple of buttons to select all mantas or all walrus

Choose any manta or walrus, then press the ~ key (Next to the 1 key) to select all four units in that class. Press it again and it will select all units.

Choose any manta or walrus, then press the ~ key (Next to the 1 key) to select all four units in that class. Press it again and it will select all units.

Cool, I'll try that.

Edited by Tox_Laximus

Really Tox? You wanna be able to insert giant snowmen? Hahaha. Nice picture. :)

Hmmm, how about a zombie mod? ;)

On a german keyboard the function is on the "ü" and I have no idea how to change the key binding.

Edited by tortuosit

...whether that just means ''new textures'', or ''new models'' or potentially much deeper changes...

Yes, you will be able to mod in new models, textures, but also adjust unit strengths, create your own campaign and so on. We will provide as much documentation as possible.

...modify some of the production speeds and economics in the game.

Yes, this will be possible.

Well, an Island editor/creator would certainly rock.

Yes, we do want to release our World/GUI/Particle/Sound editor package. We are cleaning things up a bit, but it shouldn't take more than a month or two.

Really good news Dram!

Looking forward to the possibility to create my own islands, crossing my fingers it will be possible eventually. :)

That would be amazing. An editor that allowed terrain editing, positioning of bases, turrets etc. I'd also like the ability to edit enemy carrier respawning and perhaps the ability to add other ships of varying sizes/strengths for more high seas battles.

Agreed Gnrl_Grad, good ideas there. It would indeed be really cool to be able to edit (1) overall map size, (2) number of islands, size of islands and terrain details, (3) position and number of compounds, AA defence grids etc and armour etc., (4) perhaps even the number of carriers? Would be cool to have, say two, or at the very least a respawn option like you said, (5) support ships, submarines with attack capability maybe? Then one could also add anti-submarine warfare capabilities to the aircraft... so many possibilities! ;)

Will we be able to mod the AI? (both pathing and general AI)

That may be a possibility. If so, it would be present in a future SDK some time after release.

That may be a possibility. If so, it would be present in a future SDK some time after release.

I hope w will be able to. Because if a mod changes too much, then the AI has to be told how to handle the mod; single player only, remember?

COOP!

Seriously, this game screams for coop campaign or just online multiplayer. How sweet would it be to have different roles in-game with your friends?

Is there any existing net code in the game engine?

It would be nice to choose the number of enemy carrier you are fighting against (and level of difficulty)! That would be challenging!

First thing I want to do is slow down the carriers and the supply barques. I would also like to change the distance between islands and the range the of the carrier.

After that, long range comm pod.

Then probably some changes to the way a carrier vs carrier fight goes down - maybe change ship and hardpoint toughness, etc.

It would be nice to choose the number of enemy carrier you are fighting against (and level of difficulty)! That would be challenging!

Or maybe add new ships. And maybe the opportunity to build some.