Sign in to follow this  
Count_Blackula

Error when launching ARMA2/OA - 'Data file too short' - 'arma2\addons\anims.pbo'

Full error message is 'Data file too short 'c:\program files(86x)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons\anims.pbo'. Expected 650211804 B, got 645529600 B'.

I installed ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead around 9 months ago and have been exploring the various mod communities since. Recently I foolishly messed up a download for an addon and rather than attempt to fix the problem I decided it would be easier and quicker to simply re-install both games.

After installation I'm faced with this error message which I've never seen before. As somebody who is not too well versed in tech it baffles me that this can occur after a completely fresh re-installation. Sorry for the inconvenience but any suggestions or solutions are going to have to be taught like I'm a toddler as this sort of thing doesn't come easy to me.

Also, for your information I have searched thoroughly for an answer to this problem and have found numerous posters who have had similar problems. The problem is everybody has different levels of understanding of tech and these people usually cut corners and have a much better understanding than I - hence why I have made a new topic. Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate any help you could give me, and please ask if there is any information I could provide that could help you help me.

Thanks.

Ok. I've fixed that problem somehow but now I'm getting the error message 'Include file - addons\main\script_eventhandlers.hpp not found'. I've looked around for solutions for this and I have the latest CBA addons; still nothing. Thanks.

Damn. I really need help here guys, every time I try to launch ARMA no matter how or via what launcher I get a different missing file every time. I'm in completely over my head here...

Edited by Count_Blackula

what is your modline? how do you launch cba along?

do you use the expansions/modlauncher from the ingame main menu?

Nope, I get the error message when I launch OA without modline.

Modline: 'steam://rungameid/33930 mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@RH_HK416;@asr_rh_hk416_ace;@RH_M4;@asr_rh_m4_ace;@rh_m14;@asr_rh_m14_ace;@RH_MGS;@asr_rh_mgs_ace;@RH_MK18;@asr_rh_mk18_ace;@rh_pdw;@asr_rh_pdw_ace;@RH_Pistol;@asr_rh_pistol_ace;@RH_SMG;@asr_rh_smg_ace'

Edited by Count_Blackula

Gah, why can't I reply? I can't see my previous posts for some reason so here is my modline again just in case:

If you would have read the forum rules you've accepted upon registering on the forum, you would have stumbled upon this:

Note:

1. New member's posts are auto-moderated, please don't re-post the same message over&over again.

2. New members are required to fill captcha before posting new answers/threads.

3. New members are limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features.

These limitations are removed for regular forum users.

CBA is not mentioned in your modline

post the modline again please

also in the above example it is missing minus before mod. it should be -mod (unless its different in steam which i doubt)

I added it in and it still doesn't work.

Where did you added it? You do know that the order in the mod line matters. CBA should be the very first mod to load.

'steam://rungameid/33930 -mod= @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@RH_HK416;@asr_rh_hk416_ace;@RH_M4;@asr_rh_m4_ace;@rh_m14;@asr_rh_m14_ace;@RH_MGS;@asr_rh_mgs_ace;@RH_MK18;@asr_rh_mk18_ace;@rh_pdw;@asr_rh_pdw_ace;@RH_Pistol;@asr_rh_pistol_ace;@RH_SMG;@asr_rh_smg_ace'

Sorry the minus was already there before, must have missed it when I copied it.