Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I am liking it.

I think I am liking it.

It may yet have a few problems, BUT, I am getting a good feeling while playing beta 3. I am thinking that BI may have nailed this one to the floor, and now I am trembling in my boots in anticipation of the release of the full and most glorious game.

I'm with you, Dajunka!

I have played beta 2 and 3 and, despite some bugs, I also love it!

I shall not insult moderators
    Yeah, soon as I seen screens and vids a month ago I knew this game was special.

Infidel!! We demand hatred!!!

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Over the past months I have handed out more of my fare share of complaints, due to the fact that I was quite worried that BI were going to make a balls of this game, as so often happens when a company try's to re-envision a classic. It is clearly starting to look as if those fears were unfounded.

When you start to physically feel that you are standing on the bridge of that carrier.....well, say's it all really.

I love it. But too often I hate the braindead AI. Walrusses going crazy, but also Mantas who get stuck at hills ("guys, simply fly higher" I often think)

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by tortuosit View Post
    I love it. But too often I hate the braindead AI. Walrusses going crazy, but also Mantas who get stuck at hills ("guys, simply fly higher" I often think)
    I agree that there is quite a lot of stuff that needs to be touched up in some form or another, but I am pretty confident that these will get sorted, or, already have been sorted in the release.

What I was generally looking for in the game was the GRAB. The same GRAB as the original had on you. And I believe this has it.

The enemy is real....
    The enemy carrier was attempting to take one of my Defence islands, but after a while decided it was a lost cause, and moved on to one of my mining islands. It's stuff like this that make the enemy feel for-real, and adds a great deal to the game.

I'm confident about AI (there will be real trouble with future customers about that) - but I think it'll be a legthy and painful process of making it better. As a kind of half time programmer I feel programming the AI is complicated and complex.

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by tortuosit View Post
    I'm confident about AI (there will be real trouble with future customers about that) - but I think it'll be a legthy and painful process of making it better. As a kind of half time programmer I feel programming the AI is complicated and complex.
    Haha, yeah. AI programmers are not taught nor made, they are born.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast