Sign in to follow this  
Moon2587

A few things

Personally I love the game, the combat on the islands is fun and tactical...but the naval isn't. I don't know what that enemy carrier is packing, but even on the weakest setting my ship is limping while the enemy carrier is sailing happily away. If I had target-able hardpoints (main cannon, engines, aa guns especially) It would be a lot better. Using a manta to fire plasma at the engines to slow down the carrier and maybe using walrus tanks for the guns.

I also just spent the last 15 chasing the enemy carrier down because it was managing to just stay out of my radar. Because of this I would also ask for a way to boost the vehicle's (manta/walrus) speed, maybe at twice the energy consumption. Another might be to allow the repair gun to speed up the recovery of your carrier after a bad scrape.

Like I said, the land combat isn't bad and quite fun, but the naval combat is...well even at 0% strength the enemy carrier just whooped me even without mantas or walrus support. I don't think it needs to be toned down per say, but if there is currently a way to target specific points i'm missing it. If it isn't and it was added it would awesome to systematically take on this monster of a ship.

Hi Moon2587!

Hm... I can really not follow you. My experience is exactly different: I think killing the enemy Carrier is not an "big callenge".

My last game for example:

Message income: "Enemy Carrier is attacking one of our islands!".

Packing Mantas and Walrusses, sailing to the affected island.

Meeting the Enemy Carrier, heading towards it.

As I can see it: Fireing with my plasma on his plasma (and then AA-Guns)

Enemy tries to drive along and flee in my back

Turning around on the place (pressing Back and left [A] same time) while fireing the hell on his engines (enemy is so near, I can nearly touch him).

An then maybe he will stop because his engines are gone...

or he will turn around to attack me - while I get the Rest of his AA-Guns and Engine.

Or he flees to another Island - I don't let him by

A) following manually (clicking on Map/Wayponints)

B) following automatically (clicking on his Target-Island, using Timewarp)

Additionally launching Mantas and Walrusses (maybe for security: after disabling his Offence/Defence) this all goes much faster...

Hi Moon2587!

Hm... I can really not follow you. My experience is exactly different: I think killing the enemy Carrier is not an "big callenge".

My last game for example:

Message income: "Enemy Carrier is attacking one of our islands!".

Packing Mantas and Walrusses, sailing to the affected island.

Meeting the Enemy Carrier, heading towards it.

As I can see it: Fireing with my plasma on his plasma (and then AA-Guns)

Enemy tries to drive along and flee in my back

Turning around on the place (pressing Back and left [A] same time) while fireing the hell on his engines (enemy is so near, I can nearly touch him).

An then maybe he will stop because his engines are gone...

or he will turn around to attack me - while I get the Rest of his AA-Guns and Engine.

Or he flees to another Island - I don't let him by

A) following manually (clicking on Map/Wayponints)

B) following automatically (clicking on his Target-Island, using Timewarp)

Additionally launching Mantas and Walrusses (maybe for security: after disabling his Offence/Defence) this all goes much faster...

Enemy carrier is simply too weak. There is no challange at all.

My game last normally 15 to 30 min.

Its allways the same.

Enemy goes for my island. I head to that island carrier found sunk and game over.

Not even the need to produce anything or to capture an island why should I?

The carrier should be a challange and it should avoid battles from me at all costs (or it should be harder to attack it) while capturing my island and hopefully at a slower pace as it is now.

Only if I am able to capture the last islands of the enemy it should get agressive. Game would be much more fun than.