Sign in to follow this  
Brainbug

CHDKZ texture replacement mod

CHDKZ texture replacement mod

gao65bbh.jpg 9gbpnyn3.jpg 3hkbxpo8.jpg a8dj8ktl.jpg

Contains two files:

- brainbug_chdkz_repl_wdl.pbo:

This is a quick fix for the "snow" camo that the Chedaki are wearing, which doesn't conceal them well in woodland maps. With this map they are much harder to spot in maps like Chernarus, Brystica, Podagorsk etc., probably also works well in jungle maps (haven't checked).

- brainbug_chdkz_repl_snw.pbo:

This makes the CHDKZ more suited for winter maps like Thirsk Winter etc., also works well in urban warfare environments (i.e. concrete rubble).

Use only one of the two PBOs at the same time!

This addon only changes the texture and has no other config changes, therefore it shouldn't bring any game play issues. In contrast to e.g. Col. Stagler's "Chechen rebels" mod, which are supposed to be bearded muslim fighters, these stay christian/communist fighters like the original BIS Chedakis, with red star on the beret, the medic is wearing a red cross. I have also added some optional variants for the Bardak character with different camo patterns on his jacket. Basically this addon is perfect for playing older, finished missions that use the CHDKZ men in either woodland or winter conditions. Only requires vanilla Arma2.

Actually, I should have done this mod about three years ago, don't ask me why I came up with the idea just recently... And yes, it is a quite cheap mod which wasn't much work, but maybe someone is happy about it nevertheless.

Disclaimer: Original models and textures are of course copyrighted by Bohemia Interactive, but from my side you are free to do whatever you want with these modded textures as long as you give me credit (i.e. you don't have to ask me).

Download: http://hfd.de/users/brainbug/arma2/mods/chdkz_repl.7z (33,2 MB, MD5: 53679673622F313A192E0868122FAE7F)

Edited by Brainbug

Nice work buddy. I like the use of Reed camo on all the uniforms not just M85 woodland.

Nice work, they fit chernarus much better than the vanilla version

I was wondering if you could possibly make a non-replacer winter version as well? :)