Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

Tutorial Request

I hope i can make request here. Sorry if not! I know there are many tutorial around. But most of them are incomplete and outdated. So if someone got the time and is working on a project, it would be great to see a tutorial from beginning to end on how to model. :) Or maybe just a tutorial using the mold provided by bis. I don't know something like adding door gunners with a walk through the features and differences of these new models. I hope someone does it! This would help increase the number of mods which would help the community as a whole! :p

Hello guys. So for fun i downloaded the Take on Samples & Temlates. That we can find here http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-sample-model-and-livery-templates/

So here is my question i got it to work on Oxygen 2 now my problem is with the texturing. I m getting that all texture are unmapped. How can i get it to be mapped right with the example texture provided by Bis on the same package. Thank you. :D

Paint the white pieces in the textures using gimp and merge the layers and then relate the textures on the model to your new textures ,

There are many texture tutorials , but my advice use the simple addon tute by Mondalb on the biki and specifically the texture part

I've the same problem. Downloaded the samples and loaded the P3D of the medium helicopter in O2. When starting up Buldozer you get an error message "Cannot load texture hsim\air_us_h\helicopters_medium\data\nameoftexture.paa". I've tried to change the path manually with no result. I tried packed and unpacked PBOs in various locations but it doesn't works.

Can somebody please tell me/us how to set the right path? Mondkalb's tutorial doesn't seems to have the answer to this problem and Gnat's O2 youtube tutorials also doesn't if I'm not totally mistaken.

Load the tools from BIS first and install, this creates P drive (run as admin if necessary )

1: download Eliteness from Dev heaven

2: create on P :drive folder call HSIM

3 : inside Hsim folder place Myhelicopter_H folder

4: goto TOH root folder and find Addons folder

5: copy air_us_h.pbo and paste in P:drive Hsim folder

6:extract air_us_H.pbo using eliteness

7: delete everything in the extracted folder apart from the data folder ( contains textures)

8: ensure that eliteness hasn't extracted as per .prefix and creates 5 deep folder , if so makes sure it is simply Hsim\air_us_H\Data

9 open myhelicopter p3d and textures should all now appear .

10 remember , never repack myhelicopter _H using edited textures from the Air_us_H folder , thast beyond liscence , you must use the templates provided with sample models and repath in o2 using that process.

Ok, the hint with the HSim folder in the P: drive was right but the correct path to the textures is "P:\HSim\air_us_h\Helicopters_Medium\data" and if you want all textures for all LODs you've to unpack some more PBOs and copy the relevant data.