Sign in to follow this  
parmenides

Beta 3 Now?

I've got a feeling that they won't release Beta 3 as the full release is scheduled in just over a weeks time

Last we know (with "monday" = 2012-09-17) is:

Well I really hate to say it, but "unfortunately" the colleague that handles the installer is away this week. We hoped to fix it without him but we've not been successful at this point. We're still trying to get it sorted but it appears we may have to wait until monday, when he will be present and able to fix it ASAP. This means it would be ready that day as well.

Though I'd like to assure you that if we get it fixed earlier then we would not delay it a moment longer.

(link)

On the basis that they must have gone gold by now for a retail release next week, I don't really see what they would gain by releasing another beta now. The only thing I could see them doing is to give P&C members early access.

Either way, it's only a week away.

You mean that we have been lied too? Never. ;)

I dont know why , but I have a really bad feeling about the game.

I would not wonder if we see again black clouds appear. Its not far away and we got a very bad release on Legends of Pegasus , Sword of the Stars II. Though not directly comparable but there seems to be a pattern out there in industry

If they'd release b3 today, it would just make no sense any more, if they also would like keep the release date of the official release. If "installer problems" delay the beta release for days, then newly reported problems in a b3 would delay the official release for... months?

But I have no bad feelings, I'm thinking they are working hard and not delaying for fun, or because they are lazy or because they want to make us angry.

No better option than keeping the faith :)

But also, because we can't know the details, it's legit to SHOUT, WHINE, THREATEN TO JUMP OFF A BUILDING and whatsoever ;)

Edited by tortuosit

I hope the game itself will be released in time.

If they cannot even make an installer for a beta in 2 weeks time, I fear for the worst.

Edited by KingNL

Yes, it's an really interesting phasis now...

So I see at least this three possibilities:

1) Beta3 is coming... which makes only sense if official release is delayed (no good sign).

2) Beta3 is not coming... which on the other hand is a good sign for official release in time.

3) And in between: Beta3 is 99% finished and the effort to fix the installer is minor then the anger they get ("shitstorm"), announcing beta3 and then letting it be.

By the way, Amazon Germany listet Carrier-Command officially, two days ago. A good sign for official release in time.

The fact that game goes gold next week means nothing for the development, troobleshooting etc. Patches will follow to resolve discovered problems before and after realease.

So I belive Beta 3 is worthing the time to be given to us.

Beta 3 installer may have nothing to do with ofiicial release installer. We realy don't know

Mods going dark is never good thing, I've mentioned refund 'twice' and my post was not locked and I'm still here in a unbanned state, not good.

They probably found some more problems. No need for worries. It's always the same in software development. If it's not ready today, it will be ready tomorrow (apply recursively as many times as needed)

They probably

No, we cannot know. They also could have commited collective suicide ;) (but I don't think so)

Probably due to limnos, I think gamers would be perfectly happy to have a made up island, no need to go to that lengths for a game.

I blame that DayZ jobbie. Everything was going sweet up until that naff mod came onto the scene. :cool:

Probably due to limnos, I think gamers would be perfectly happy to have a made up island, no need to go to that lengths for a game.

How you relate BETA 3 with Limnos ? :)

Sorry about the delayed response guys, I wanted to be 100% sure this tim before I posted regardig the beta.

The beta is being uploaded this evening, and will be available tomorrow morning (Czech Republic time), so you will be able to download it then. The delay has been caused by several things, including the afore mentioned installer problem, which has been resolved. Modding is being concentrated on as well, so that is definitely positive.

You mean that we have been lied too? Never. ;)

No, youv'e not been lied to. I posted a date which would have been final had complications not... complicated things. I have been updating you all to keep you in the picture, better then knowing nothing.

I dont know why , but I have a really bad feeling about the game.

I would not wonder if we see again black clouds appear. Its not far away and we got a very bad release on Legends of Pegasus , Sword of the Stars II. Though not directly comparable but there seems to be a pattern out there in industry

This will definitely not be the case with CC:GM. We are backing this game 100%, evident from the large step towards modding support. We are truly trying to make a good game, one that players will be able to play around with for a long time to come, especially with modding. I am personally involved in making a sample mod for the mod support patch (which will be released after retail release), and am documenting as much as possible along the way.

If they'd release b3 today, it would just make no sense any more, if they also would like keep the release date of the official release. If "installer problems" delay the beta release for days, then newly reported problems in a b3 would delay the official release for... months?

But I have no bad feelings, I'm thinking they are working hard and not delaying for fun, or because they are lazy or because they want to make us angry.

No better option than keeping the faith :)

But also, because we can't know the details, it's legit to SHOUT, WHINE, THREATEN TO JUMP OFF A BUILDING and whatsoever ;)

The retail version is already gold, there were no problems with it. The beta just ran into unexpected and certainly undesired issues.

Again, very sorry for the delay

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

I would also like to add that any issues encountered in Beta 3 are of course worth reporting as they will be addressed in a patch, ideally a zero-day patch.

23:41 UK time, still beta2, gonna try every hour or so :p

Same here in Italy, we'll see tomorrow!