Sign in to follow this  
Gnrl_Grad

CAP or looping waypoints for mantas?

Is it possible to put mantas on cap (combat air patrol) around the carrier? I think this was possible in the original but I might be wrong. Or a way to create looping waypoints? I guess fuel could be an issue with it but the matas could fly slower and burn less fuel and auto dock if it went too low.

I'd love to set them to patrol in pairs. When one pair is low on fuel, the other pair takes off to cover the first while they land.

Oh boy, I'm gonna mod the L out of this game!

Is it possible to put mantas on cap (combat air patrol) around the carrier? I think this was possible in the original but I might be wrong. Or a way to create looping waypoints? I guess fuel could be an issue with it but the matas could fly slower and burn less fuel and auto dock if it went too low.

If you just give them a waypoint where you want them to hover then they will stay there and use very little (if any) fuel, constant movement uses fuel very quickly - hovering they will still attack any target that comes within range.

G

Must be thinking of another game. It would be nice to have the ability to put your mantas on defensive patrol rather than just hovering though, it would look cool from the carrier view too. Not a major thing though, just a suggestion.

Shift+control gets multiple waypoints, or you can leave them hovering near the carrier and set them to offensive in the quick menu, and they go for anything that comes near, when the threat is gone they go back to the waypoint.

Did you know mantas can land, you have to hold z down to keep them on the ground.

Did you know mantas can land, you have to hold z down to keep them on the ground.

That's interesting! Therefore maybe Mantas can also use facilities on Islands for repairing, rearming and refueling... have to check this.

Its worth to be metioned in the "did you know..."-collection.