• Topics

• First off, the title Flashpoint is no relation,its more of a fixed title in the series because with names,im very unoriginal and i wanted to make a mission template thats at the root of what Arma is...a combined Arms sandbox. And the root of Arma was OP FLASHPOINT. Confused yet? good keep reading...   This is the first time in 5000 hours in the editor iv made a series(that will continue with new missions very often as my template which took years to polish is solid) that im totally happy with. The first 3 scenarios are up,one for each terrain,Altis,Tanoa and Livonia :   https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3236238361
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3236236502
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3232693790   So to sum up:   OP FLASHPOINT REUNION is a combined arms(SP for now until further tweaked for balance) scenario that is made with the idea that the player can take any role practically imaginable and contribute to his sides mission objectives. The player is a "cog in the wheel",or a High commander issuing orders to all elements of the main platoon. Its also possible to freely switch between both modes via radio. This mission is very much random and dynamic yet with the upmost in balance and performance taken into account. (Feel free to ask in the comments for details if interested,il happily delve deeper) The premise is simple: An opfor force controls 3 regions and NATO must sieze and secure each one by one. The mission contains around a grand total of (wait read the part after) 850 units including infantry,ground vehicles and Air. Quick reaction forces,ariel reinforcements and AI responsive units that will track down known threats within the current Area of operation. As the scenario develops,more units / reinforcements are introduced,so there will never be a mass amount of units at one time. Performance is KING! The player may take on the role of squad leader, vehicle crew,UAV operator(spotting threats actually has an impact and friendlies will respond) logistics(slingload and airiel reinforcement delivery), AH support roles,artilleriest,and more,or simply sit back and command. VA is available from any staging tent.As soon as your geared up,proceed with platoon to form up pos and await further tasking. The inspiration for the scenario is taken from Shack tactical style gameplay/platoon structure and gameplay ends up alot like using AI mods like ALIVE,HETMAN,GAIA and so on,inspiration and ideas very much taken from such amazing mods,but this isnt a mission template,this is a proper balanced,structure and ready to go scenario,its a template for myself to easily create more in short order. Thoughthere is a tasking system,alot of "what you can do" is up to your best judgements..for example,recon in a pos not tasked to you,airlift out injured and deliver them to a medic point/merge groups point and so on...     Mission start: First,head to a tent at base via the map which corrosponds to the role you want to take,wait half a minute for side chat to confirm you are in that role,via zeus recruit infantry or pilots/crew that are located at base,edit your vehicle if crew etc,and set them to combat stance to remove the animations,then move out. Use the "mission start/load up" and form up radio trigger after platoon is embarked and ready.
      Scenario doesnt rely on 3rd party mods or scripts with CBA the exception. Performance should be good throughout.     Mission features: --------------------------- #Autonomous artillery system for friendly(and enemy) support.JTAC units call for fire missions
      #Custom enemy AI accuracy tweaks for higher dispersion including vehicles(enjoy your flight)
      #Custom NATO faction with inclusion of all AAF vehicles retextured
      #Removal of all NVG (except recon) flashlights equipped for all sides.
      #Gameplay similar to the style of ALIVE / Platoon-company level engagements
      #Player roles - anything Arma3 has to offer within the context
      #Immersive radio chatter taken from the campaign
      #side chat to keep player apprised of all situation developments
      #Random weather,fog,time of day
      #All base game music playing randomly incorporated
      #Ability to merge friendly squads(ambient task if player is pilot for example)
      #NATO/Friendly forces far more survivable
      #AI Tweaks for better cohesion especially under orders(no squads splintering)
      #AI that take care of their own resupply
      #Random tasks that make sense for the scenario,that can be seen as more like "orders' from a High command, for infantry,recon,air and logistics roles,as well as Arty,Vehicle and AH crews.
      #Rearming repair and refuel locations
      #Cacheing system to ensure only what is needed is in use at the time.
      #Rating system-including an exfil location to where each friendly from the platoon who is still alive and present,increases your overall rating.
      #Random enemy Garrisons,and potential minefields.
      #Custom enemy patrol script
      #QRF reinforcements for both sides,airlifted in and sent to task to help each others respective side
      #Autonomous attack aircraft that assist and RTB,refuel and return to assist later(destroying enemy air early helps alot)
      #Zones that influence AI decision making and movement creating a believable and cohesive force.
      #Custom MARTA marker system And honestly alot more. Its highly replayable,around 2 hours long but that time can fluctuate depending on many factors.

• I am guessing it will be some kind of "waitUntil" code but what?

what is the code for first playing screen after mission intro (by "playing screen" I mean that you look through players eyes, not the mission intro map. ie, you are actually playing)

help appreciated

cheers

Ben
    • Hello,   well ... not sure how well visited this forum still is... propably not much but I want to try anyways.   I've allready tried ask some people I know and thought could help and in the Arma3 Steam forum but well... so far no sucesss.   I'd like to use a script for missions and eventually a server.   The hole idea here you would know if you've ever played the MIKE FORCE mission from the content creator DLC  SOG Prairie Fire. (the screenshots bellow are from it and portrait the hole deal). It should be the same scheme. Items on the ground of a specific area or radius around a set area should be deleted. In the Mike Force Mission the trigger and I think also focus or starting point is a trash can (could basically be any object) the player can interact with to call up the script/ command in the scroll menu "Clean up" to clear the close area from littered item players have droped/ thrown away. I've tried to recreate this by using the public set script from this mission but it didn't work. Main problem - I have allmost no idea of scripting and just cannot comprehend it. I get the feeling like it is connected to other scripts. For some reason it's not even working in the very same mission when opened and played in the editor. The option just would not pop up. It only works when the mission is started in multiplayer (by hosting a server).   By now I think I've learned how the deal with finished scripts is. Basically you have the acctual script in a .sqf file and a init.sqf file that pretty much tells the game to initialize the script(s) named inside of it. Those two have to be put inside the mission folder. Here Im not sure if it is allready a difference if its a sp or a mp mission or if it is the same deal, just another folder. For this very script I get the idea that in the script there has to be set a variable you have to give an object ingame as well, in order to let the game/ script know where the player can call this script and where this area is set.   I've might be able to change variables and the size of the area and set the variable to the very object I want to be the well... Initialization point, but Im just not able to write the script. That's a language I not speak, I've tried and so far I've failed. So I ask someone able to do that, to help out creating it and if needed give instructions or just ask for his knowledge.   I hope someone is whilling to do that for me and that it isn't to hard / complicated. I mean I believe I get the logic and it actually sounds simple. At least if it stays that simple and doesn't get more added to it. But well... could be absolutly wrong. In the end pretty much every kind of script and command would be to much for me allready so I don't judge but leave it to the people able to ... maybe I'll be able to get it done myself without any help one day eventually.   https://imgur.com/a/ptn1JpF
    • Yes, and: would be:   Replace true and false accordingly.
    • hai guys im already done doing the waves scripts then when i play scenario anc come out script waves.sqf not found can some one guide me how to get it work?