Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[TVT/CO-55] Wasteland

"Expect to have a working prototype on day one though"

Now that would be interesting.

I'll be waiting to see if you can pull it out of the hat, (I'm not talking about runny babbits) !

Good luck.

ACe wasteland? jeez..IED and my nuka phone :) ..awesome

oh wait? A3 wasteland? can you port it over that easy?

Still working on porting it over now. Working towards a quality bug 98.9999999% bug free release with the pending changes for the Arma CO release. Having to redo a bit of functionality and adding good use of the new features in A3 Alpha. May have it ready by tonight.

Been reading this thread for ages. Loving all the chat and arguments that are going on (down with 404 Games lol)

Edited by Mullo

Seems 404 is taking over the Wasteland race

Edited by Kodokai

Any update on the ArmA3 Wasteland, Tonic?

Not really, I don't plan on releasing the official version for a few reasons:

1. The alpha is not to a good quality standard in terms of optimizations and performance.

2. The alpha doesn't offer a whole lot to really provide a good wasteland feel without disabling a lot of wasteland features.

3. Reworking the entire UI system here and there to make the GUI feel more like ARMA 3 and my interest in Wasteland for the Alpha is very low.

My opinion may change during the beta and may release the official version but right now the Alpha does not meet the standards to give a bug free enjoyable wasteland experience. I suppose it's cool that 404 believes Wasteland is absolutely necessary in an Alpha or maybe they just want to try and steal the spotlight, that's fine but Wasteland will always be mine and no one can take that away, besides that I don't feel it's worth the user experience to put Wasteland out there when the client performance and optimization isn't the greatest and dedicated server is completely unstable. Just regular small missions can crash the server so what does Wasteland do? Crashes fairly often.

I always aim for the most stable less bug releases possible and the alpha as I've said just doesn't meet the standards to put Wasteland out there for a overall good-great user-end experience. Other people can continue to port it, don't generally care but I just don't see the point with the alpha. I first assumed the Alpha would offer a bit more then it did (even though I knew generally what would be in the alpha) but it's lacking way more then I had expected. I have ported the official version and even with all the bug fixing & optimization changes to try and make it work it just isn't stable enough for me to release it.

However once I get the alpha addiction out of my system and stop working on other projects for the ARMA 3 Alpha I will overview my latest build of Wasteland for ARMA 2: OA and release that.

As for the 'Wasteland race' comment, there was never a race. As I have said I created Wasteland for ARMA and it is mine, no matter how hard a person can try they cannot take that from me. They can push out their own versions and that's perfectly fine but they won't ever be able to take it away from me and claim sole rights to it and etc.

Edited by Tonic-_-

I have a stalker wasteland server (NOT YET UP) and I was wondering if I could modify your mission's gun shop so players can buy my weapons? :yay:

Looking forward to hosting and playing your new version Tonic, we have not had a wasteland up for a long time. Still enjoying A2 ACE, but have saved a spot and resources for the original wasteland return and no doubt it will be the best, yet again.

Edited by MATR1X

Currently I am running a test of the newest update with ACE.

Server address: armafiles.info port: 2402

Hostname: Tonic's Wasteland [OFFICIAL @ACE Version] - USING @ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

Would you happen to have those server files? I am a member of a wasteland server team that wants to add ACE/ACRE to the wasteland server. We need the mission files etc and instructions on how to implement it please.

Hi,

I am a member of a wasteland group that would like to run a wasteland server that uses ACE and ACRE in it. I have heard that Tonic made one but have not been able to get in contact with him. Could someone either point me to the mission file or assist me by modding the current wasteland mission file to include ACE and ACRE?

Pretty much. I have not touched ARMA 2 since ARMA 3 Alpha release.