Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[TVT/CO-55] Wasteland

testing now on none dedi.

I have noticed there is very few optoins in the parameters section but of course you have just started this mission :)

All so is this ACE compatible I am just about to press go with ACE enabled I will report back,

At the moment there isn't a lot of parameters because the mission was designed to work one way, the basic parameters are in there for vehicle spawn amount, object amount, etc.

As far as ACE Compatibility goes the mission its self pulls stuff from the config so.... If you run ACE there is a chance some ACE vehicles MAY spawn that you may not want people to have. But ACE weapons etc should spawn in all but items. I can look into adding better ACE compatibility in the future but not a big fan on ACE so don't hold your breathe :P

Also a hotfix was applied to the download links to solve a issue where players didn't initialize some event handlers and broke the mission for some.

Dedi running but seems to stay as night time regardless of parameter and no vehicles or menu :/

Clean install on this server, latest beta.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/255916

password boards

Right, found the issue. The mirrors have been updated with the working fix. Now no issues should arise :D

Well in tonic..

Will get this running on my uk server tomorrow..

Thanks for the release..

---------- Post added at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

Ok

Got it running on my 36 man server, will run it for a day at that level, and ease up the player count!!

Search for Wasteland, OCUK!!

Server based in London!

Cheers Tonic!

Very glad to see people wanting to use it :D

The last bit of fixes have been implemented in the V1D Hotfix. Going from a dev-build to a release build the way I have it setup is confusing me so a lot of mistakes were made but now everything is how it should be.

Aw man!!

I was calling you for everything the past day or two!! Knowing you had pulled the server\core files :)

You made up for it tonight though! :)

I'll make sure I post any problems!

Thanks Again!

I have been looking forward to hosting this mission on our server since I found it. Great work.

I do have one slight problem at the minute in that the player menu will not show up for anyone on our server. I have tried server restarts, rejoining etc and was wondering if there is anything I may have missed when launching the server that could cause this?

No problems so far apart from the player inventory not coming up which kind of kills it as you can't eat/drink/repair. Awesome job though.

When hosting as listen server (that makes possible saving the mission status with all players, vehicles and objects infos), the respawn of the host doesnt work and the game keeps respawning me in the middle of some sort of debugging plain.

Food/water system doesnt work.

Will take a look but are you guys using the V1D hotfix to be sure? Because the V1D Hotfix should of fixed that issue for JIP Clients. As far as being a listen server I don't know the exact negative effects because the mission isn't designed to be a listen server.

Tonic

Using hotfix version and we have not go the player menu button!

Tried reconnecting etc, still no go, is there something special that needs to be done, like a specific beta version or cba version?

Cheers

... Using hotfix version and we have not go the player menu button!

Tried reconnecting etc, still no go, is there something special that needs to be done, like a specific beta version or cba version? ...

yeah, same here ... the other question is, is cba oder beta required on the dedicated server?

Okay, Found the issue and it still relates from going from dev-release but a working fix will be out in a few.

Okay, Found the issue and it still relates from going from dev-release but a working fix will be out in a few.

Excellent news mate!!

Thanks for the efforts!

wow mate.. simply fantastic.. after 3 months of lurking and learning.. I finally registered to say thanks for this.. my users are already hooked.. considering dumping dayz completely for this..

Just one question though.. where's the zombies? :b

Look forward to seeing this move forward.

**EDIT** Would also like to say, Wasteland V1DA is working swimmingly. ;) Player menu and all.

Tonic

Bugs on here or on Dev?

Small bug report!

If you have a player in the sequence of a load into vehicle action and they are killed. After respawn the action is still available, and you get the too far away warning if try against another vehicle! Somehow not completely cleaning out the routine from the previous life!

Quick question for all server hosts, are you noticing people with ACR lite installed being kicked for wrong sig for different types of vehicles? I noticed The acr ambulance, pbx_acr and one other tonight, anyone else noticed this?

Edited by marker

Tonic

Bugs on here or on Dev?

Small bug report!

Quick question for all server hosts, are you noticing people with ACR lite installed being kicked for wrong sig for different types of vehicles? I noticed The acr ambulance, pbx_acr and one other tonight, anyone else noticed this?

That is actually a bug inside of R3F Logistics, if you goto select another option and load it into a vehicle the option will go away but if it becomes to big of a problem I could look into fixing it.

As far as signature versions I first noticed it what I would do is re-install ACR lite on the server, sometimes the lite installer bugs out, same thing for clients.

And for bug reporting I would prefer on Dev-Heaven it's easier to track bugs and keep progress reports on it but if it's serious and needs attention quickly you can post on here as I read over this every day.

Wow Tonic, Wasteland is REALLY impressive as conception and features! Do you plan to implement some sort of persistence for player status, vehicles and objects location? This would really turn Wasteland in an incredibly deep experience :)

sorry I played for an hour running around looking for stuff but never find anything?

even went to other towns not finding anything ?

got bored quit the game.

Wow Tonic, Wasteland is REALLY impressive as conception and features! Do you plan to implement some sort of persistence for player status, vehicles and objects location? This would really turn Wasteland in an incredibly deep experience :)

Honestly, I don't really plan on it for two reasons...

1. I don't want to be another dayz mimic

2. I was apart of the DayZ Development team and from the amount of issues i've witnessed even from a server specific persistence it's a bit more of a hassle then it's worth.

I don't generally want to aim for the next survival simulator in a nuclear apocalyptic scene, I just want to keep it semi-fast paced get what you can and do what you want. Adding persistency would just introduce more issues to fix, exploits, etc. Pretty much what we have all seen in DayZ. Keeping it this way I feel is the best thing, who knows maybe my mind will change in the future and I'll experiment.