Sign in to follow this  
scruffy

Registration failed: Invalid CD Key

Aloha :)

After downloading Patch 1.06 I wanted to crash some Hinds on Chernarus in multiplayer with Neo, but we ran into the following problem:

"Registration failed: Invalid CD Key"

The message appears when opening a server (LAN or Internet), I can still choose a mission but no slots or even the sides show up. The second player can not join and is kicked with the message "Bad CD Key - Player ID not registered".

Neo has got a clean install, only Take On, Take On Hinds and the new Patch. I used the RC before and have also got the Noisecontrollers DLC, we both use a Sprocket version.

BAF and PMC are both always activated and can not be deactivated in the Expanson menu. Disabling ACR or Noisecontrollers or Hinds does not help. We both own BAF, PMC and ACR Full. All registry entries seem to be fine.

Starting Take On without Rearmed doesn't work anymore, it shows the following errors:

"No entry 'config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'." and "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

Can anyone else play multiplayer? Which version and DLCs do you use?

As Scruffy said: I have the same problems with my clean install of ToH, Hinds and Rearmed.

If I try to connect to a server, I get a "CD Key Verification Timeout".

Someone else reported the problem with one of the RC versions from what I recall.

Best to contact their support.

PS: How do you try to start TKOH without Rearmed?

-mod=dummy? or by disabling all A2/OA mods in the modlaucher?

by disabling all A2/OA mods in the modlaucher?

"Disable" in "Extensions" ArmA: OA, PMC, BAF and ACR are greyed out.

We think that this is maybe a problem with BAF, ACR and PMC (Full) installed. Maybe they are loaded with the other ArmA: OA content but not deencrypted. Someone wrote that Rearmed is just compatible to lite DLCs.

Yeah the modlauncher has problems with the DLC ..

Locate the TakeOnH.cfg on c drive (should be in "my documents\take on helicopters") and remove the modlauncher section.

To disable/not load Rearmed use -mod=dummy - this/any -mod use disables the registry mod loading system.

The key/authentication is not related to Rearmed - the -mod=dummy is only to disable Rearmed.

I have exactly the same problem. -mod=dummy doesn't help either. My only (full) DLC is Hinds.

Same issue here. :( Purchased Take On Helicopters on July 14, 2011. Take On Helicopters: Hinds purchased February 10, 2012. Both purchased from the Bohemia Interactive store. Currently running the latest patch Take On Helicopters: Rearmed along with Take On Noisecontrollers.

2gy2edt.png2z8x352.png

takeonh.exe Properties (General & Details)

16nnt1.png2zdnfr5.png

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (Service Pack 1)

Edited by Nicholas

Apologies for the troubles everyone. I've passed it on to the store support team to look at as soon as possible.

Apologies for the troubles everyone. I've passed it on to the store support team to look at as soon as possible.

Thank you. :)

Can you guys with the problem please check the registry for the key entry:

1) start

2) run

3) regedit

4) browse to:

XP: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Take On Helicopters

Vista/7: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Take On Helicopters

5) check if there is a "key" entry with a value (dont post the value! - just a yes/no is needed)

Thanks

PvPscene, I've checked numerous times and yes, I do have a key entry for Take On Helicopters, Take On Helicopters Rearmed, and Take On Hinds. Take On Helicopters and Take On Helicopters Rearmed have the same key entry. I've tried deleting the key for Take On Helicopters Rearmed with no success.

I also have key entries for ArmA 2, ArmA 2 ACR, ArmA 2 BAF, ArmA 2 OA, ArmA 2 PMC, and Ironfront.

Ok good. Dont take it wrong - it happened to me that the key got dropped/moved, so it useful to double check this too.

this issue should be gone for day or two (cause i already found the cause and fixed it)

BE sure your restarted STEAM.exe client, otherwise it's using the incorrect registry forever (until it restarts)

also You should have no REARMED nor NoiseControllers keys (unless you installed manually) until it's released on STEAM

this was small hickup by our Valve partners trying add support for TOH: R and TOH: NC but it failed

again sorry for the trouble

this issue should be gone for day or two (cause i already found the cause and fixed it)

BE sure your restarted STEAM.exe client, otherwise it's using the incorrect registry forever (until it restarts)

also You should have no REARMED nor NoiseControllers keys (unless you installed manually) until it's released on STEAM

this was small hickup by our Valve partners trying add support for TOH: R and TOH: NC but it failed

again sorry for the trouble

Are you implying this was an issue for STEAM users only? Because I don't have STEAM versions installed but having the issue nonetheless....

We are also preparing to release the fix for non-Steam versions. Likely course of events: beta patch, followed by a small hot-fix and re-mastered full versions of Downtown patch.

Likely course of events: beta patch, followed by a small hot-fix and re-mastered full versions of Downtown patch.

Beta patch released

We are also preparing to release the fix for non-Steam versions. Likely course of events: beta patch, followed by a small hot-fix and re-mastered full versions of Downtown patch.

I assume that the re-mastered patch can be installed over the first version of the patch so that a complete reinstall of ToH won't be required?

You will be able to either re-install the re-mastered patch, or download only the little hot-fix patch and apply it. No re-install necessary if all goes well :)

Excellent, good to hear, DnA! :)

The hotfix and re-mastered patch versions have been released.

• If you are playing the Steam version: stop reading this thread and continue flying ;)
  • If you had already applied Downtown: apply the hotfix only.
  • If you had not yet applied Downtown: select the lite or full patch installer. You do not also need to apply the hotfix in this case.

:icon_exclaim: You do not need to apply the hotfix or re-install the patch for the Steam version!

Edited by DnA