Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

[off Topic/fun] Signs for beeing addicted to Carrier Command...

Hey there!

I want just tell you about my experience today which shows me: i'm addicted. I was just opening the refrigerator, get something and reading the expiration date: 29th of September 2012. My first thought: "Ah, the day after Carrier Command is released"... :rolleyes2:

Thinking a while I recognized some more points:

1) The past days first in the morning and last in the evening was: looking in the Forum, if beta3 is there. :p

2) Now knowing (hoping) that Beta3 is coming on Monday: I'm planning to work more this weekend (freelancer) to have enough time on Monday...

3) Watching Carrier-Command videos has become an really deep pleasure for me

4) Carrier Command shows me an totally new aspect of learning patience, just like an ZEN-Way :jesus:

5) Setting up an new, personal time-measurement: Bevore launch of Carrier Command / After launch of Carrier Command (BLC and ALC)

What are your experiences - how is Carrier Command changing youre life "a little bit"?

Greetings from Germany, 15th BLC

Anton, addicted.

Edited by anton-korduan

1) The past days first in the morning and last in the evening was: looking in the Forum, if beta3 is there. :p

1b) And at work.

1c) And watching if its in the store.

6) Hating Dram for telling us about delays...

7) ...but forgiving after a minute. :)

Watya takin aboot, tis anly a bit ov ald sofware, natin ta git xcited aboot. :rolleyes:

I can report that I am addicted, too. I save and replay the same mission again and again. And winning of course. I tried the old one, and somehow it lost its appeal. I do not know how this could happen ;-) .... I am making screenshots and I look with vacant eyes, the credits at the end. The one, with that huge Carrier Command engraved in the mountain. WOW. I could let it run as screensaver. If only the menu, could be hidden.

I am waiting that I could look at the mantas and walrusses and the carrier from any angle, while I am playing zooming in and out, without the interface. A feature that was not included in the original game. But some games had this feature and I loved it immensly.

I am addicted too.

For many weeks, and the last few weeks on a daily basis, I am working on a new website for this. So, actually I am addicted to a game without playing it. That is in my humble opinion a very extreme version of addiction :)

Or maybe I just suck :)

(@ haters, no need to agree..........i know, i know, dont worry)

I have to admit that I'm addicted too now. Even with the small amount of islands available in the beta I keep replaying and finding new tactics (The manta hook!). I love the dynamic weather system as it adds a whole new aspect to each encounter.

Looking forward to the release with a whopping 33 islands to explore. This will keep me entertained for a hell of a long time.

I was just watching this

i must say next to Arma3 releasing sometime, this game really looks awesome and fun. Dumb question maybe, sorry i haven't been following this at all,

where can I get the beta, or demo that you guys speak of?

edit, nvrmd I found it.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

For many weeks, and the last few weeks on a daily basis, I am working on a new website for this.

Will you tell us the URL?

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

A new Youtube playlist of Beta playing: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTre-dv_xGBYolh1K5jcewyfCq1irFt03&feature=plcp

where can I get the beta, or demo that you guys speak of?

Hi Günter!

You're German? I'm too :-)

So you get the Demo if PreOrdering on carriercommand.com (left upper corner, first link).

Attention: Only one link has the beta includet - be aware!

Greetings

Anton

Nein, Im no German my heritage is from Netherlands but I was born in Canada, and live in USA, Gunter Severloh is just 2 German names

i put together when i was leading a German WW2 realism unit for RO back in 2007-2010, more info on my website for WarMod,

off topic sorry but I think I'll wait til the game releases, Im not going to sped $44 on something and not have it work, plus money is tight,

guess I'll just keep enjoy dreaming as I watch the vids.

Thanks for the link to the presentation video. Great Show. I like this new game. I am looking forward to play it.