Thread: ArmA: 2 CD key in use. (can't play at all)

ArmA: 2 CD key in use. (can't play at all)

Hi! I've been playing ArmA: 2 and ArmA: 2 Operation Arrowhead for the past month now. It's been a lot of fun. Recently, I have download a third party mod called, DayZ. I've been playing DayZ for about 2 days now and I've recently stumbled upon a error saying "CD Key in use". I tried and tried and tried to join a server, yet it keeps giving me the same error. Today I have been able to access a server and it comes to find out I am somewhere totally different than I last left off. I have lost most of my gear, and I am totally clueless on what's going on.

I contacted Steam Support under the category of "Lost of Missing CD Key" and they replied back to me saying that they cannot help me and that I need to come here to get a new CD key. 1-2 days ago I have recently contacted you guy's support team, and it said "we'll be back to you as soon as possible (ASAP). It's been forever now, because I had to wait for steam to reply (took 4 days) and I'm still awaiting a reply. I cannot play ArmA: 2 or ArmA: 2 Operation Arrowhead's singleplayer, nor multiplayer due to the error: "CD Key in use". I have a picture of it that I took via Fraps, and I would like for someone to tell me what is going on and how I can maybe get a new CD key. I really do not feel like making a whole new Steam account, and re-buying ArmA: 2 Combined Operations all back over again.

It's sad because I can't play a game that I had bought with my own money. I really want to play again, and I'm a bit skeptical on what is going on. I don't know who to contact, and I don't know what to do. I had bought the game via Steam and I have a Steam account. Please someone, I need help regarding my CD issues.

Thanks,

Veteran.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Screenshot of the error "CD Key in use";

http://plumcap.com/images/d80ceb.png

Perhaps you tried to use some sort of hack?

Quote Originally Posted by PurePassion View Post
    Perhaps you tried to use some sort of hack?
    Hmm, by "hack" you mean...? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me here.

Warrant Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by VeteranHeroes View Post
    Hmm, by "hack" you mean...? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me here.
    Hack = a cheat. If you downloaded any cheats, some of them may have been fake. They can steal your CD-Key and give you a bad one.
    "The greatest way to avenge your enemy is by learning to forgive." - Takashi Tanemori

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Hack = a cheat. If you downloaded any cheats, some of them may have been fake. They can steal your CD-Key and give you a bad one.
    Not that I know of. I've only download DayZ. Steal my CD key? How would they do that? I spent $30.00 USD on it. Someone can't possibly have already stolen something that valuable.

Read this. It is explained there. "Not that I know of" still leaves the possibility

Either way, try to re-install the game.

Read this. It is explained there. "Not that I know of" still leaves the possibility

Either way, try to re-install the game.
    Impossible. I don't cheat or use anything to promote in game content. Can you link me to a page where I can possibly get a new CD key?

Thanks.

Hmm if you are certain there hasn't been any incident from this direction, you propably have to try the re-install and wait for the support messages.
    You could also contact Placebo and see if he can help you with the issue.
    Already created a support ticket?

Best regards

Hmm if you are certain there hasn't been any incident from this direction, you propably have to try the re-install and wait for the support messages.
    You could also contact Placebo and see if he can help you with the issue.
    Already created a support ticket?

Best regards
    I had already re-downloaded the game whenever I got the error a couple days ago. It still gives me the same error sometimes. Not all the time. I don't remember submitting a ticket at that URL. I submitted it to the one that Steam Support had addressed me:

http://www.bistudio.com/english/support

CD-key in use sticky thread:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-CD-key-in-use

Follow the instructions there please.
    Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com

Public FTP available, just check the Armaholic.com FAQ.

HMM........wonder what it is huh?